First Time for Christmas, The Fort, and Towing,and lot of other things.

boat guy

Earning My Ears
I can't wait any longer. I'm so excited to leave the next 3 days will be the longest in a long time. My DW and I are pulling our 42' Redwood fifthwheel from Ontario Canada. Thats a first for us. This will be the longest trip we have made. After overnight stops at the KOA in Corbin KY and Tifton GA we will arrive at Fort Wilderness on December 19. Thats another first because we have never been to the Fort despite visiting Disney some 60 times.

We have never been away for Christmas, another first. The kids are flying in to join us and we are attending Mickeys Christmas Party, another first. We are having Christmas Eve dinner at The Pointe at the Wilderness Lodge and Christmas Dinner at the Hoop De Do on Christmas Day. All firsts for the whole family.

Unfortunately there was no room at the inn after December 27 so we have to change to another campground. We have 4 days of Express Passes for Universal Parks. We have never been so count that as first. New Years will be offsite at Medieval Times before we head back home in mid January in time for my darling wife to restart her Chemotherapy regimen.

I have laid awake planning everything we need, booking reservations, fast passes, making sure I have backups and mechanicals triple checked. I have constant weather alerts and contingency plans. Now, I just want to leave.

Thanks for letting me vent.....I'm 53 years old and counting sleeps before we leave. How ridiculous.

4 more sleeps btw :):mickeyjum

sounds like y'all have great plans! Christmas at the Fort is so awesome...be sure to check out the site decorations!
Have a safe trip down!

Have a wonderful Christmas stay at the Fort! It sounds like you have some great events planned, and just chilling in the campground is going to be perfect. Isn't it cool that Disney can turn us into excited kids? Be safe and my prayers for your wife.

Thoughts & Prayers for your "darling wife"!

Man 42'! That's a big trailer!

I'll be there with my tribe from the 20th thru the 26th at Wilderness Lodge. Hoop on Christmas Eve and Candle light processional Christmas Day. MVMCP the 22nd...you?

I do plan on cruising the Fort to see the campsite decorations. I hear that's a thing but have never seen.

Merry Christmas!

Have a wonderful time at Disney, and safe travels. We pull our 42’ fiver from Wisconsin yearly, and you get comfortable after about the first several hours. We use The app iExit on our phones, and changed the settings for RV friendly fuel lanes, diesel, to find the perfect easy in/out fuel stop. Keep checking daily for open spots to add on to your Disney stay. Merry Christmas.

Sounds like a lovely trip you planned out. Have fun!

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Sounds like you have it all planned out. Now just drive safe, get to The Fort, and enjoy:dogdance:

We will also be there 12/20-27. My family has been lots of times, but I am giddy as a school girl..... (I don't think I remember any girls in school being giddy)

I too am counting sleeps :)

Thanks for the tip about the IExit app. Looks great. Thank you everyone for you well wishes. I can’t convey how excited we are. We are leaving from London On, and driving until we get to Corbin Ky. Not too worried about the first leg. The second leg is through Atlanta and we are timing it to be at 11:00 am. Seem the lightest traffic pattern then

Cheers

Good for you and your family! Sounds like a great trip planned! Enjoy the trip and you are going to love Fort Wilderness at Christmas!

We pull out Saturday morning for the Fort with one daughter and will arrive on Monday. Son and his girlfriend are flying in on Monday! He's going to surprize her with an engagement ring next Tuesday.

We are almost there. The first two days have been epic. A couple hours in and I hardly know the Trailer is back there. It’s nice to stop and have lunch in the Trailer, use our own facilities, and make a fresh coffee for the road. Day one was uneventful except for the horrible roads in Michigan. Made it to Corbin KY by 5pm. Cracker Barrel take out, fuel and a great KOA pull through. Day two was even better. Hit Atlanta at about 1:30. Not too bad but at one point there was 9 lanes on each side all crowded but moving. Made it to a nice KOA in Tifton. Olive Garden and Fuel and de winterized. Woke up a couple times as I found out we were parked under a Pecan tree. Funny pecans look so small in the jar. But the entire nut hits the roof at terminal velocity it will scare the you know what out of you.

Blue beacon is on the way back to I75 will get this rig cleaned before we arrive at Fort W this aft.

This is awesome!

Tifton KOA is good, we stayed there on one of our trips down. Stayed under the pecan tree one time in another campground, a little breeze and it sounds like a good ole Nebraska hail storm! LOL, Have a great rest of your trip down and will be looking forward to pics from the Fort!!

Thanks for the tip about the IExit app. Looks great. Thank you everyone for you well wishes. I can’t convey how excited we are. We are leaving from London On, and driving until we get to Corbin Ky. Not too worried about the first leg. The second leg is through Atlanta and we are timing it to be at 11:00 am. Seem the lightest traffic pattern then

Cheers
My strategy with Atlanta has always been to stay towards the center of the available lanes and go with the flow of traffic, watch the signs closely when you get to I-20 and I-85 so you can get into the I-75 through lanes. Drivers in Atlanta can be aggressive and wont always cut you enough slack to make lane changes.

Sounds like a most excellent trip plan, and might I just say "WELCOME TO THE FORT!!!!" :welcome:
It's quite a long haul for you guys, :drive: but I'll bet you'll be bookin' another trip soon and you'll be back before you know it :thumbsup2

Wow. This place has lived up to it's billing. We got in late this aft and spent a couple hours getting settled in. I did want to thank everyone for all the tips and advice. I read few months back on here about "touring plans" and since I liked their line app the last time I was here I used it again to snag some last minute reservations. One of the features was to auto fax a room request. We asked for 700 loop with a preference for 709. Guess what we are on 709!!! Now to relax for the next 21 days. ahhhhh. Pick up the golf cart in the morning.

We asked for 700 loop with a preference for 709. Guess what we are on 709!!! Now to relax for the next 21 days. ahhhhh. Pick up the golf cart in the morning.

Wow, that’s pretty lucky to get the actual exact site request! Have a great stay!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter