First Time Disneylander

Caitttmeetsworld

Earning My Ears
Hey y’all! Grew up going to WDW. My hubs grew up on the west coast going to Disneyland but living an hour away. My bucket list has always had the Disneyland Hotel on it. We’re planning on going in November! What is YOUR favorite hotel? Just want some other opinions. My circle is all WDW Peeps!

My fav is the Grand Californian Hotel. It's a beautiful hotel and the location can't be beat. It's connected to DCA and has its own private entrance to that park. It's only a few minutes walk to DL. It's really a pleasure for us to be able to take a mid-day break from the parks with only a short walk to the hotel. Bonus: The food in the hotel is excellent. The Disneyland Hotel is a much farther walk through Downtown Disney to the parks. (About the same as walking from the Contemporary Hotel to MK.)

The only off site property I have stayed at was the Fairfield Inn which I really liked. I know a lot of people prefer indoor hallways but to me if feels nostalgic to have outside hallways no matter what the size of the hotel (the motels my parents and I stayed in as a child were always 2 story outside corridors). But when I can splurg I love staying at the Grand Californian for the reasons Sparkey mentioned. It is close to the parks, great for a mid-day break, and I love the food options there.

I have stayed at the DLH once, it was a farther walk but that didn't bother me much. Also they have Trader Sams there which is our must do bar every trip! The only issue I had was I was always told how the rooms were larger than at the GCH but we were put in an end room that was smaller than any room I've ever had at the Grand. It was a little worn too, the headboard was peeling but I did love the lobby areas, and walking through the grounds to get to DTD felt like we were in our own little tropical paradise. I also really like having the dole whip with rum available and Steakhouse 55 was really good too! I would stay there again in the hopes of trying a different room that might have a little more space for us. Even though there was only 2 of us, we were basically on top of each other the whole trip.

I think if the disneyland hotel is on your bucket list and the price works for you, then stay there, because you will just wonder what it would have been like.

It’s deff on my bucket list but doesn’t fit in our budget because for what we would pay we could take another trip. We like the hotels on harbor that are directly accross the street. Many of those hotels are closer then the actual Disney hotels and there is not the same need to stay on site as there is for WDW.

Grand Californian is our top. DLH is also very good but a slightly longer walk - but better pools if you're into that. We did the Paradise Pier many years ago, but I didn't think it was anything special. Rather than that I would stay outside on Harbor.

I think if the disneyland hotel is on your bucket list and the price works for you, then stay there, because you will just wonder what it would have been like.

It’s deff on my bucket list but doesn’t fit in our budget because for what we would pay we could take another trip. We like the hotels on harbor that are directly accross the street. Many of those hotels are closer then the actual Disney hotels and there is not the same need to stay on site as there is for WDW.
Thank you :)

We were able to stay at both GCH and PPH last year and at the end of this month, we will be staying at DLH. The DL Trifecta! Can't wait to cross it off my bucket list also!

Be careful, the next is staying onsite at each hotel club level.....................................:poop:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter