First time DCL questions

wwaaww

Earning My Ears
:earseek:

Good evening experienced DCLers!

On Friday I made the big committment. My 4 year old and I will be sailing on the Disney Wonder leaving 10/9/2005.:cheer2:

What books should I prep with?

I shoot in digital so I'm wondering if there is a place on board the ship to get pictures developed and burn the images onto a disc?

Any suggestions on 'don't miss' souvenirs, services, etc?

And, how do I get that cool 'count down' in my signature line? Hummm, I'll have to explore a little, I think!

I've been on cruises before. This will be my daughter's first real vacation. I've arranged the cruise as a reunion for the families who went to China to adopt their daughters. It's the first time we've gotten together since the summer of 2001. Everyone is so excited. My daughter has already told me that she is going to be dressing as a different Princess every night of the trip!

Any suggestions are welcome!

THANKS!
Wendy

Hi Wendy , welcome to the boards, the book that helped me most was the passporters field guide to the disney cruise line, invaluable and available to order online through. www.passporter.com , you can have your memory card burned to disc onboard but at $14.95 i thought it was quite expensive, most ports also had this facility for a couple of dollars, they make xmas cards out of your photos onboard if you want them at $25 for 25 onwards to i thing $60 ish for 100 cards, the photo packages start at $84.95 for 10 photos be sure to take a photo yourself every time the photographer takes one, there is no obligation to buy they ones they take so get lots done and you can choose the best. Don't miss anything really, all great , rebook onboard if you enjoy you get 10% discount and onboard credits.
Can';t remember how to get the signature so will let someone else answer. Have a Wonderful time. Traycie

Wendy -

Congrats - you won't regret your decision to sail DCL. DW, DSs and I cruised for the first time in 2002 and had a blast - in fact, DW and I enjoyed it so much we went back in 2003 by ourselves.
As for your digital, I'm with you - haven't shot regular film in almost two years. I did not burn my memory cards to disk but always carry lots of memory for that reason. Depending on what size files your photos generate, it might be worth it to invest in some extra memory cards, especially since they are dropping price here lately.

I agree w/traycie2201 on the passporter guide - it is wonderful!
As for the don't miss souvenirs - all I can tell you is that if you seen something on board that you want, buy it - don't wait till later in the cruise as quantities may be limited and you may find yourself disappointed later on.

A reunion cruise sounds like a great idea! DSs are adopted from Guatemala and we are waiting on word on our third son from Guatemala now.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter