• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time cruising

SweetSerenity

Thank you evenin' star!
I'm considering taking my first ever cruise, but I'm very confused about the points system. The website doesn't have a lot of information, and I'm on a 75 wait minute hold.

I have 74 points leftover from 2020.
100 points from 2021.
100 points for my UY of June 2022.

I've been in very poor health and not really in the position to go to one of the parks so I thought a cruise would be a better option to use my points before they expire.

I'm looking at Alaska September 2022 for two people. The points chart lists the Oceanview Stateroom as 240-301 for double occupancy. This is where I'm confused. Does that mean the TOTAL points cost is 240-301 OR 480-602?

I only have 274 points to use so is there a way to use my points for part of the reservation and cash pay the rest?

Most people have suggested to rent the points and use cash for the cruise instead, but I'm afraid I'm in a time crunch and the points will expire before then.

Is the only way to book a cruise with points via phone?

If I cash pay it, can I still book it as a "member?"

Thank you for your answers and any advice would be appreciated!

That is per person assuming two are in the room. So yes, 480 to 602 for the trip.

You can pay one with points and one with cash. You must pay it in full and also a $95 fee. Yes, you must book via MS by phone.

I assume you do have eligible points to book a cruise. Also, I don’t think the banked points will still be eligible as they expire end of May.

But, once you convert to reservation points for the cruise, if you cancel, they can no longer be used for DVC bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter