First time cruiser just of the Magic. It was fantastic.

Was this the current itinerary with a stop in Key west Last Monday? If so, I was at the dock taking pictures as she was coming in. I was down there for business, but couldn't pass up a chance to see the ship!

Sounds like your kids had a blast though. Thanks for sharing!

Ooh, care to share any photos as we sailed in?

What time were the fireworks on this cruise? (I saw half the navigators posted but not the one for Pirate Night).

In the lab her favorite was the crafts, cookie baking, and science experiments. In the club she liked the movies and hands on activities. She never had trouble getting away from the smaller kids and the only time I saw an unhappy kiddo it was because she wanted to be picked up and parents were in port. (I'm not dissing the parents at all, I considered it but decided the empty ship was more fun.)

The bands were really great as they can exactly pinpoint where your kid is. I also noticed microphones in all the spaces and video cameras in most. I felt incredibly comfortable leaving her there and she loved all the staff.

Please tell me about the BANDS you mentioned? We will be doing our first cruise and taking the granddaughters

What time were the fireworks on this cruise? (I saw half the navigators posted but not the one for Pirate Night).
For us on the 4/17 sailing they were immediately after the pirate show, roughly 8:15pm

darnheather - thanks for your review - didn't you just love Tangled? OMG I was amazed, I hope they put it on every ship

I rode the elevator with a snobby platinum couple criticizing it because it "would have been better on a bigger ship, maybe the fantasy"... they just seemed miserable... some people, they make me just roll my eyes, sorry you ran into some nasty people :(

Great to hear about ur trip on Magic! Taking my 17 yo DD on the Magic in Sept. We're 1st time cruisers and she is a HUGE Tangled fan! My question is, how can we try for the best seats? Is it 1st come or do u book actual seats when u get on the ship? Sorry if this is a basic question, but it is all new. Also eager to see ur navigator when u get to it. :)

Great to hear about ur trip on Magic! Taking my 17 yo DD on the Magic in Sept. We're 1st time cruisers and she is a HUGE Tangled fan! My question is, how can we try for the best seats? Is it 1st come or do u book actual seats when u get on the ship? Sorry if this is a basic question, but it is all new. Also eager to see ur navigator when u get to it. :)
they offered it at 2:00pm 615 and 830, we saw it twice, we got to the show about 20 min before it was scheduled to start to get good seats

We were also on this cruise. We had a great time, and I agree with the others that the food was not impressive. We sailed the Dream NYE2015 and loved the food. This time it was just ok, our server was awesome and made up for the so so food. Tangled was awesome!! Its my favorite movie so I loved the play. We were on Deck 8 mid and didn't feel any motion until the last night.

We were on the same cruise! And I totally agree with you about the food. I was underwhelmed. I LOVED our meals when we were on the Dream, and this time I was just disappointed. It wasn't enough to complain about, just comparing to my other sailings.

And my DD loved Tangled show too, but my favorite was Disney Dreams.
Funny how things can differ. We sailed on the Dream in January, then the Magic in March and all thought the Magic had much better food.

Also, IMHO, it's amazing how much better the Castaway Cay experience is on the smaller ship. Lots more room to spread out.

Just finished uploading the navigators. The fireworks were at 10:15'sh. You must get up there early to get a good position to see them. We could see the edge of them which for us was enough after all we went through that night but I would have liked to see them over the water.

Please tell me about the BANDS you mentioned? We will be doing our first cruise and taking the granddaughters

They look just like the magic bands in the park. They use some kind of magical GPS type thing that pinpoints them exactly in the room they are playing in. Very impressive.

How was the motion on the boat? Any sickness?

Very little motion felt. Mostly when we were docking in Key West (was in the theater and felt like being in a rocking chair so a nice feeling.) and the last night. However, both my kids are prone to motion sickness so we took Rugby every evening before dinner including the few days before hand (since we were driving they needed it anyway).

DCL usually uses too much salt. It's good that they are using less now IMO. Sorry you didn't like that there wasn't enough salt for you. But you can always add salt. You cannot take salt out.

Yes, salt is something that can be added to most things but is difficult to add to starches such as pasta and rice. There was unfortunately, a lack of seasoning overall. For example, the particularly bad pasta didn't have salt, garlic, or any Italian herbs that I normally associate with a tomato based pasta sauce. I still think fondly of Cabanas though!

Funny how things can differ. We sailed on the Dream in January, then the Magic in March and all thought the Magic had much better food.

Also, IMHO, it's amazing how much better the Castaway Cay experience is on the smaller ship. Lots more room to spread out.

I have to say that Castaway Cay was amazing. I grew up going to beaches in Northwest Florida and know what crowding can feel like. The girls and I went down the slide with very little wait. At around noon I was about one of 10 people in the water in our area. I'd love to go back but I'm not interested in repeating the ports we saw this time.

Awe we love the Magic as well! We got married on Castaway Cay! What was the weather like there in April? We were thinking of taking another cruise there around that time of year! Which movies were playing on your sailing (if you remember?)

I loved the food. Our server was awesome at recommending dishes - by night 2 I think we all mostly ate what he recommended.

On the first night I tried to order whatever the lemon dessert was. I love lemon, and will always, always order it when I can. He looked at me and shook his head, and pointed to something else instead. I was like "really?" But he said the lemon was not good. I ordered the other dessert, but inside was all "I should have just ordered the lemon." After my first bite of the other dessert he put down the lemon one in front of me as well. I took one bite of that and was so glad that wasn't my only dessert. I have never tasted such a bland uninteresting lemon dessert in my life. I was sold on his recommendations from then on. :).
Which server did you have?

We were also on this cruise. We had a great time, and I agree with the others that the food was not impressive. We sailed the Dream NYE2015 and loved the food. This time it was just ok, our server was awesome and made up for the so so food. Tangled was awesome!! Its my favorite movie so I loved the play. We were on Deck 8 mid and didn't feel any motion until the last night.

What was the noise level above you like? We considered deck 8 but heard that there was alot of chairs scraping noise above you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter