First time Car Rental question

waltdisneyworlddreamer

100% WDW Fanatic
We are traveling to WDW in July and considering renting a mini van to drive. We would need the van for about 7-8 days and would be traveling about 1200-1400 miles. I have never rented a vehicle before so I'm not real clear on how this works, but DF called a couple of places close to home here and found out the cost would be $500. I'm reading though that everyone else is renting for a lot less than that. Do those rentals not include that many miles? or are there better deals out there? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!:wave:

Hi, we were going to drive down with a rental car from Massachusetts. The best price we got was for about $450 with unlimited miles for a full size car. We are not near an airport and would have been renting from a Hertz location in our town. The really good rates seem to come from airport locations, but not all of them are that great either. If you live close by to an airport, check out the rates at those locations. Also, be aware of the companies' different policies. I noticed a few around here that didn't allow the cars to be taken out of a certain area...ie, Enterprise, at least the local ones here, didn't allow the cars to be driven out of the New England area. Good luck, we decided to take the train down.

You should be able to get a much better deal through either Priceline or Hotwire. They both offer car rentals from airport locations only and both include unlimited miles. Priceline offers a lot more locations than does Hotwire. In most cases, you can get a better price through Priceline than Hotwire as well.

TRY USING NATIONAL CAR RENTAL, IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE DISNEY CLUB THEY SENT YOU COUPON FOR ONE FREE DAY ON YOUR RENTAL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter