• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time buying DVC - it is so hard to chose the home resort!!! I could use some advice.

THanks - these were the ones I had my eye on. I ended up putting an offer on the $113 one - almost too good to be true. Now let's just hope it passes ROFR.
Good luck! 👍 may the ROFR monster be dormant this month. My offer was accepted but didn’t get contract stuff yet so it has not been sent out.

Was your offer accepted? Good luck with ROFR. We love the proximity to DHS and Epcot.
Yes, it was accepted (but I offered exactly what they were asking - I did not negotiate because it was already a great deal and I don't want the ROFR to be even harder). Fingers crossed for ROFR! Thanks!!

thanks! I am in the same boat - waiting for the contract. Goof luck. Where did you purchase?
Fidelity. I put an offer in then called them and talked to the broker. My offer was very quickly accepted. It was only posted for 5 hours. I wasn't even considering OKW but it is a very small contract at a great deal. If it passes ROFR I can stay in a studio 4 nights a year- and the point charts for OKW are fabulous. Plus the availability is good.

For the record, BRV is my favorite of the ones I've tried so far (BCV, BLT, BRV, BWV, OKW, and SSR). But that's my favorite--and it doesn't have to be yours!
It's so funny to me that favorites are different for most people. I've stayed at BRV, BWV (owned), OKW (own), and SSR, and I think BRV was my least favorite of the bunch. It was one of two that I stayed at shortly after re-opening from Covid, so I think the extended closure of a lot of "extras" fed into my dislike of it.

It's so funny to me that favorites are different for most people. I've stayed at BRV, BWV (owned), OKW (own), and SSR, and I think BRV was my least favorite of the bunch. It was one of two that I stayed at shortly after re-opening from Covid, so I think the extended closure of a lot of "extras" fed into my dislike of it.
Isn't it a good thing - otherwise we would all want the same place!! To be honest, WL is my favorite - not necessarily BRV - I have actually only stayed at Copper Creek while there - but I love the atmosphere at WL - the pool is amazing, eating at Geyser point on the water and watching the Electric Water Parade, etc. It also seems a little more down to earth - all of the resorts are nice but some seem a little too fancy for us at times and I like the more laid back feel to AKL and WL. No offense to those that love that feature of other resorts. I think it all personal preference and that will certainly vary.

Isn't it a good thing - otherwise we would all want the same place!! To be honest, WL is my favorite - not necessarily BRV - I have actually only stayed at Copper Creek while there - but I love the atmosphere at WL - the pool is amazing, eating at Geyser point on the water and watching the Electric Water Parade, etc. It also seems a little more down to earth - all of the resorts are nice but some seem a little too fancy for us at times and I like the more laid back feel to AKL and WL. No offense to those that love that feature of other resorts. I think it all personal preference and that will certainly vary.
And then there are those of us who like to pretend we're fancy but are actually broke and stay at RIV anyways :X

That was the weird thing about BRV: I LOVE WL, it is one of the places I make sure to visit on resort hopping day for all the reasons you've listed, I just couldn't like the room, and didn't like the lack of community hall or the inability to do laundry for free (at least I was told by the person I asked there was no free option for DVC studios, as there is at my favorite resort, OKW).

I'm personally too cheap and not fancy enough to stay at Poly, GF, Riv, etc., but I will visit all of those places during my resort day to feel fancy for a while.

That was the weird thing about BRV: I LOVE WL, it is one of the places I make sure to visit on resort hopping day for all the reasons you've listed, I just couldn't like the room, and didn't like the lack of community hall or the inability to do laundry for free (at least I was told by the person I asked there was no free option for DVC studios, as there is at my favorite resort, OKW).

I'm personally too cheap and not fancy enough to stay at Poly, GF, Riv, etc., but I will visit all of those places during my resort day to feel fancy for a while.
There is a community hall as well as complimentary laundry in both CCV and BRV. First floor at BRV and fourth at CCV.

There is a community hall as well as complimentary laundry in both CCV and BRV. First floor at BRV and fourth at CCV.
The community hall was closed while I was there (they hadn't opened from Covid closures yet, the resort had been opened for about 5 months at the time), while OKWs was open. The BRV first floor laundry appeared to be cash only; I tried to operate the machine without coins (like at OKW) but it wouldn't start; the CCV room was locked and my BRV key didn't work. Maybe I was doing it wrong. 🤷‍♀️

Hope you land the contract! DVC has been amazing since I bought, i've already got addonitis...looking for an SSR or OKW resale contract

imagine it's 1999 and you are staying at your fav resort...you tour but BRV are being built..you buy cant yet....choices are OKW and BWV...you decide nothing right now and go home...think it over and come back the next year...and hubby says he thinks BW is the one! Location is key and nightime on the boardwalk....
also forget the 150pts..we look into the future...with 5 grands...we decide on 250pts...later in 2011 we add on 50 pts at BWV.....Best decision ever~~~!!!!

We own at VGF and AKV and love both. Last year we stayed at CCV and we loved the Wilderness lodge. Location is fantastic easy route to both Epcot and MK. We loved taking the boat back to the resort during fireworks last trip

How hard is it to book during peak times using points? Spring break or Christmas?

We stayed at OKW in '97 for our Honeymoon at my wife's aunt's DVC. We went to Boardwalk to see the model home and liked it, but didn't love it. There was buzz about VWL during the presentation and on the way to Hoop Dee Doo we stopped by the WL to see and realized we found our "HOME";)
We purchased in '03 and have loved all our visits to the Lodge.
Both our boys (now 17 and 22) have grown up looking forward to our time spent home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter