First time at WDW short trip: 2/13-2/15

Mandipandi

Earning My Ears
Being unemployed (not financially struggling) and chronically bored living alone, I wanted to take a small economical vacation to get away from it all. I found cheap Jetblue tickets and the All stars were under $160 a night so I thought id book. I made the booking last wed. This would be my first trip to WDW and FL. I went solo.

2/13- I traveled to the DCA airport for my 8am flight to MCO. TSA line was short and no hassle getting on/off the plane. The new terminal C in MCO is gorgeous, and the Lyft/Uber area was very easy to find your car. About a 30 min Uber drive to AS-Movies. I got lucky that all of the cheerleaders at the time were leaving! Also got lucky that at 11am my room was ready, in the Mighty Ducks section as requested. Dropped my stuff off at my 3rd floor room and headed for DS. First ate at Planet Hollywood (it wasnt that good), then walked around DS for 3 hrs. I love it there! Then took bus from DS-> Poly and bought some merch and sat in the lounge chairs overlooking GF as i had some dole whip. Then took Monorail to CR. Did some shopping there too (alarmed to see that you can see the infamous Icon Park and that drop ride that is still up from the gift shop!!). Took monorail to MK and took a bus back to AS. I had a connecting room so heard everything from my neighbor.

214- Woke up at 6:15 to get dressed then walk to Music to get breakfast. The kids meals are surprisingly filling! Apparently G+ was purchased for me on the app so I didnt need to manually buy it for AK. Booked at 7am a LL for Navi and a ILL for FOP. Left at 7;20am for AK with a short line for the bus. Waited a while in security (so slow), then they let us in at 8:10. Walked to Asia and waited another 10 min. Then headed for Expedition Everest and rode it twice. I was NOT expecting those G's going backwards on that ride! Then walked to Dinosaur and rode that. I didnt like it, a bit boring and reminded me (and even smelled like) Indiana jones ride in DLR. Then saw tough to be a bug, then it was time for Navi.

Navi was pretty but too short, only 2 min wait in LL vs. 45-60 standby, rode it once. Loved FOP but wouldnt wait in the 100 min line for it lol. After had some lunch in Pandora. Loved the blue noodles. The cake dessert was ok but the purple frosting was the worst thing i ever tasted. Horribly bitter. Had a slushie after to bring the taste down. Then went to Kilimanjaro safaris which was a nice ride. Then went to Exp. Everest again, birds of flight, then lion king. I got a horrible stomach ache from a margarita slushie I had and decided I was done with AK for the day around 2:30pm. Went back to my hotel to rest then took a bus to HS and walked a pretty trail too Boardwalk to walk around. Then walked to BC, then back to DS to get a wetzel pretzel. I stayed in once I got back to hotel room for the night.

4/15- Woke up early to try mickey waffle plate Delicious but couldnt finish. Packed and at 11 went to the music food court to drink my 3 soda refills before ordering an uber back to MCO. Very short TSA line and wandered around the huge disney and OSH gift shops before my flight was ready to go. Got back to my apartment at 6:15pm.

Ill be going to Epcot in March with my bf, and this was overall a very fun short trip. I needed it for my mental health.

I love that you took this quick trip solo. I did this in December, and swore I was done with Disney. And now I’m trying to find a way to go sometime in April

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter