• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time AP, do you get anything in the mail?

ericbansemer

Earning My Ears
My wife and I purchased AP’s this past November for the first time. Now we haven’t activated them yet, we are going in March and will do it then. They are showing up on our MDE account. But I’ve seen posted online people have gotten like a welcome packet in the mail and maybe even a magnet. Should we have gotten anything? Our address is correct on our account.

My wife and I purchased AP’s this past November for the first time. Now we haven’t activated them yet, we are going in March and will do it then. They are showing up on our MDE account. But I’ve seen posted online people have gotten like a welcome packet in the mail and maybe even a magnet. Should we have gotten anything? Our address is correct on our account.
You won't get anything until after you use your AP for the first time.

You won't get anything until after you use your AP for the first time.
And even then you might not get anything. They used to send out magnets but they don't any more. If they are available at the time you go, you pick them up at a park. They aren't always available. I didn't even get the Christmas paper everyone else seemed to be getting this year. I think the last time I got anything in the mail was when you got a free magic band.

We still get the generic AP magnet most of the time when we renew.

We have also gotten a magnet each year, usually after we have renewed.

I don't remember getting magnets in the mail this year, only got a reminding email to pick up magnets at Epcot. I did receive the Christmas wrapping paper and some cards asking to join DVC.

And even then you might not get anything. They used to send out magnets but they don't any more. If they are available at the time you go, you pick them up at a park. They aren't always available. I didn't even get the Christmas paper everyone else seemed to be getting this year. I think the last time I got anything in the mail was when you got a free magic band.

Me either. We used to get everything. We kept our APs thru the pandemic. But somehow along the way we dropped off the mailing list I guess. We haven’t received anything since before 2020.

No magnets but did get the Christmas wrapping paper. Hoping magnets will be around when I go in Aug.

I upgraded from park hopper to Incredi-pass last week, and was told nothing would be sent via mail.

No to magnets Yes to wrapping Paper
Annual Pass Members for 18 years and never received a mailed Magnet.
I asked several Creations CM about a new magnet coming out no one seemed to know
Thanks DIS boarders for the recent update!

It varies greatly and there is really no rhyme or reason to it. We are a family of 4 AP holders. Two of us got the standard AP mickey magnets but not all of us. My son (21) got the wrapping paper but no one else did so I stole it before he saw it since I pay for his AP! lol.....good luck and I hope you both get all of the goodies!

I bought our passes in April so literally we've had them 9 months, and I never received the magnet in mail or anything. I called two weeks ago because I also get ZERO pass holder emails or notifications and I know others with passes and they've gotten tons of emails. Yes I have all communication prefrences turned on. Anyways I called two weeks ago said they would look into it, I did finally get a magnet in the mail and wrapping paper haha. But still no emails, it's frustrating bc if a time comes that a link is sent for a special event or ride preview we wont be getting an email or have a chance to sign up.

I bought our passes in April so literally we've had them 9 months, and I never received the magnet in mail or anything. I called two weeks ago because I also get ZERO pass holder emails or notifications and I know others with passes and they've gotten tons of emails. Yes I have all communication prefrences turned on. Anyways I called two weeks ago said they would look into it, I did finally get a magnet in the mail and wrapping paper haha. But still no emails, it's frustrating bc if a time comes that a link is sent for a special event or ride preview we wont be getting an email or have a chance to sign up.
I don't get emails from them either and like you do have my email all set up in MDE. I've been a passholder on and off for about 15 years and have never received an email but did used to receive the MBs when I renewed. I think I got the magnets in the before times when I renewed. I let my pass expire in the trying times and got a new one a year ago April on the day they opened up the Incredipass again. I went in person and transferred park hoppers to the AP. Gotta say between the still having to get park reservations and the communication being touch and go, I'm not sure I'm renewing.

It’s hit and miss and totally random on who they send things to. Also if you live outside the US you won’t get anything 😞.

We did get magnets with some information shortly after buying annual passes. Unfortunately we didn’t get wrapping paper but I believe that is because you had to purchase passes by early in October to qualify and ours were purchased later in that month. But that’s ok.

We did get magnets with some information shortly after buying annual passes. Unfortunately we didn’t get wrapping paper but I believe that is because you had to purchase passes by early in October to qualify and ours were purchased later in that month. But that’s ok.

Even if you had them before October, you still might not have gotten the wrapping paper. We didn’t & we’ve had APs for years. I don’t even remember the last time we didn’t have APs. No mailed magnets either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter