First time-1 day at TDS

petunia

DIS Veteran
We are going to Japan for the first time beginning of August and we have 1 day planned for TDS, have been to wdw many times (party of 7 ages 16-40s)...I have a few questions.

-where do I purchase tickets, is it on a disney site..Im afraid I will make a purchase on a fake site?
-for fastpass, do I understand correct that you can pay extra for fastpass, but it either includes 3 or 7 rides to fastpass? If so, do you pick what rides those will be, or is it pre determined which rides can be used with your 3/7 fastpasses?
-do you have to 'reserve" your park day in advance?
-anything else we should know..?

I am also researching for our first visit to TDS and was unable to purchase on the official TDR website. They could not accept 2 different American credit cards. After some research, I went to Klook.com and purchased them there. You have to select the exact day you want to visit (and the park--there are no parkhoppers). I didn't want to run the risk of TDR selling out. There is a calendar that shows available tickets on the official TDR website but they don't seem to process American credit cards well. Also, lots of Americans raved about Klook. I got my email confirmation and apparently, after I show the QR code at the ticket gate, I will be able to scan it into the TDR app (once I'm inside the park).

There is a Premier Access system that seems to charge you per ride, as opposed to a flat fee (like the old Disneyland MaxPass system). I'm still looking into this to figure out how it works. Some have commented that they sell out so popular rides may not have that function if you don't buy it early in the day.

I plan to do more research and hope other more experienced visitors will chime in!

No experience here but we are also planning a trip for August - I will be watching this thread closely!

I've been, but everything is different now and will likely be different again by the end of the summer, so just keep reading very recent reports. Not sure if you are aware, but it's very hot, like Orlando hot, in August, so be prepared. I found this article explaining Premier Access. This article is just 2 months old, so I hope it helps.

Klook is legit for ticket purchases. Oriental Land Company is supposedly not interested in going back to pre-pandemic crowd levels, but I don't know how true that will be over time. They are investing tons of money in projects there, and well, ticket sales are how they pay for those projects. So to be safe, buy tickets early. When you purchase your ticket it will be for TDL or TDS on a particular day, so no additional reserving is required.

Try to stay til dark...TDS is super pretty at night. Have a great trip!

For your comment re: Fastpass, you may be mixing it up with Universal Japan that has Express Passes where you pay extra for 4 or 7 rides.

TDR does not currently have Fastpass. Just Premier Access. You purchase it day of, like Lightning Lane. You can purchase another after 60 minutes or start time of previous PA. It’s only for a few rides in each park.

I’m going in April. We are just purchasing tickets on arrival as we are staying at Toy Story Hotel (guaranteed tickets) and Sheraton Grande (can request tickets for specific date to purchase on arrival)

Things have changed and it helps to keep an eye on trip reports as someone else was awesome enough to recently post. We will also be there in early Apr but not in enough time to give you a heads up- we'll be learning also. One other thing that has changed just entering into Japan, you now fill out your immigration and customs forms online before you board your flight. With a family of 4 it wasn't exactly quick, but since our arrival is only a couple weeks away, they were processed quickly and then you take both a printed paper copy and screen shots of your QR codes on your phone. In case you have trouble getting a phone connection.

One other thing that has changed just entering into Japan, you now fill out your immigration and customs forms online before you board your flight.
Haha - ya, I filled it out the other day and I’m like people that complain about ArriveCan should try filling out the Visit Japan Web app 🤣 That took forever. I have told friends I’m travelling with to get a head start completing it. Certainly don’t want to wait until the last minute.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one, I thought it was just because I was doing it for 4 people. For everyone else still going later this year, set aside a chunk of time so it doesn't throw you at the last minute. The one thing that surprised me, they did not ask for covid vaccination details ahead of time. Hopefully all this means a quick easy pass through the airport once arriving. Its an incredible country to visit! I'll post our impressions after we get to visit DisneySea and get back.

We just did ours a couple days ago and the link to fill out the quarantine was greyed out, we were only able to do the other 2, the immigration and customs. Really a lengthy process and things are always changing, I will double check as soon as we get back, we only have 2 days between returning from the DCL Wish and leaving for Tokyo so I really hope its not another QR code we'll need (times 4 people). If anyone hits a glitch with the immigration and customs ones to fill out, there is a 'chat' feature at the bottom, I filled it out and had an email answer in 9 minutes helping me over the hurdle. The Japanese are extremely kind people. It's keeping me sane at the prospect of having to do the quarantine form for another QR code.

a followup, thank heavens CanucksRocks mentioned the quarantine, I went back and checked. It still no longer gives you a QR code BUT you still need to fill out all the information confirming you have had 3 covid vaccine doses. And this time I was able to click on it. They will not let you board your flight without the pre- information and verification- which somes within minutes. That was a close one, super thanks!!!

. It's keeping me sane at the prospect of having to do the quarantine form for another QR code.
this one is not a QR code. When I did it last week, it was just fill in some info about my vaccinations and upload proof. Then I got an email shortly thereafter indicating they had accepted it, so I went back into the App and downloaded the screen shot of the page that said review completed per the instructions. I’ve stuck all 3 in a folder in my photos app so I can quickly access without worrying about internet connection.

I am also researching for our first visit to TDS and was unable to purchase on the official TDR website. They could not accept 2 different American credit cards. After some research, I went to Klook.com and purchased them there. You have to select the exact day you want to visit (and the park--there are no parkhoppers). I didn't want to run the risk of TDR selling out. There is a calendar that shows available tickets on the official TDR website but they don't seem to process American credit cards well. Also, lots of Americans raved about Klook. I got my email confirmation and apparently, after I show the QR code at the ticket gate, I will be able to scan it into the TDR app (once I'm inside the park).

There is a Premier Access system that seems to charge you per ride, as opposed to a flat fee (like the old Disneyland MaxPass system). I'm still looking into this to figure out how it works. Some have commented that they sell out so popular rides may not have that function if you don't buy it early in the day.

I plan to do more research and hope other more experienced visitors will chime in!
Hello! I just returned from Tokyo Disney. They have Premier Access Pass. It is a fee per ride system. Once you have scanned your ticket into the park you go on to Disney Premier Access on the app and there will be a spot to scan your tickets. Scan everyone’s, then go ahead and choose the ride you want access to. They are from ¥1500 to ¥2000. Once you click, it gives you time options. Just pick and confirm. It will go to payment screen. This was where we had difficulty. Because we were using a pocket wifi, we couldn’t receive SMS texts without turning off airplane mode. We had no choice but to do this and incur a fee from our internet provider back home as our credit card confirms identity by text. It was a pain but we got it. Subsequently, you can just go to guest services on your way in and tell them what ride you want and that you have no email access. We ended up doing that with no issues afterwards. Just the pain of going there but we only did one per park so it was ok.

If you are staying onsite, check which park you get the early 15 min in and be sure to be there ahead of time. Once in, go directly to the ride you want. Wait times when we were there were incredibly long (180 min for Toy Story, Soarin’ and beauty and the Beast.) It was spring break though.

Just back and wanted to share a bit about the Express pass, we did it the minute we got through the turnstyles, it would have been better had we just gone over and stood in the guest services line that is right next to the entrance, reddish doors after to pass into the park. If you can pay with your phone, do it as soon as you get in, that starts the clock and you can pick another after an hour. In our case, we picked, then went over to stand in line to pay at guest services, this line took 40 minutes, at which time he picked the same time I had wanted, but at His current time, so my hour wait for the next option was now only just starting. The kids rode some coasters while I got back in line to pay for our 2nd choice- btw, they do not sell out anytime soon, most of the locals do not pay the extra, just the tourists who only have one day to be there was my impression. This time it took me 75 minutes to get to the front of the line and again pay, but we only wanted the 2- Journey to the Ctr and Tower of Terror. Also of note, the ToT was much less jarring than the ones in the US- really enjoyed it. If you can pay with your phone you really have an advantage, we do not use apple pay or any of those things so that was why we had to pay in person. Had an awesome time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter