First Thanksgiving meal done today

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
Had my mom and sil for the meal. My sister worked today. Going to DDs on thanksgiving.
Made the ham last night. Really had a loose idea on the rest of the items.
Deviled eggs. Cranberry sauce. Cheesey mashed potatoes. Gravy. Turkey stufffing. Salad with fresh parmesan. Oven rolls. Frozen farm sweet corn. corn bread with cream corn recipe. Green bean casserole.
Had everything in the pantry. So I thought I’ll just whip that up too.

Told them be here at noon. DH would come in from the tractor and then go back to the tractor. He is getting the tillage done. Weather man is talking snow Wednesday.

Sounds delicious. You're starting early!

We have two meals this year. One on Tuesday at my mom's memory care and one on Thursday. Family starts arriving this evening to be here for Tuesday. They leave Tuesday late afternoon just as the second group of family arrives Tuesday evening for Thursday.

Sounds like a wonderful and delicious day! I hope you all enjoyed it!

Sounds good! I don't have to host a large gathering, but will have both DDs and their SO's Friday-Sunday with dinner at MIL's on Saturday. I'm bringing coleslaw and applesauce jello, DD25 is making brownies, and DD22 is making pumpkin bars (for which I am buying the ingredients and she will make at our house instead of hauling them 200+ miles).

My aunt just moved into the local nursing home so will probably just spend time with her and my mom on Thursday.

I actually started cooking for our Christmas lunch already. I bought a pork butt the other day cause it was on sale for $1.89#. I cooked it low and slow for 8 hours in the crockpot, shredded and froze it. Bought another one today that I’ll cook tomorrow. I’ve frozen shredded pork many times and actually think it’s better reheated. All I have to do is thaw it out later, toss it back into the crockpot, add bbq sauce and heat it up. 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter