First Split Stay - Luggage Q

dillydally13

Super
We are splitting a stay next week between AoA and Riviera. We have never done Disney without a car and wanted to check and be sure they will still move luggage between resorts. Thanks!

Yes, they will except for any refrigerated items. You will have to move those yourself.

Yes, it might take a while to get to your second resort though. So if there's things you'll want access to (swimsuits, extra kid clothes), I'd throw them in a backpack and bring them with you.

Curious - what do you all do with your sensitive items like laptops, medicine (good grief I hope you guys don't have as much as we do!), etc.

This next split stay we are using a car service for SeaWorld on our day of transfer so all our luggage will be in the car that day, but if we had not done that I would not have wanted to lug the valuable stuff nor would we want it potentially lost (not worried about theft as much) in Disney transfer.

The meds are the one thing I keep with me since these would be very difficult to replace and I can’t be without them.

I often do split stays and have never had an issue missing anything… but I keep it to 1-2 bags only with the addition of my Owner’s Locker. Everything has to fit in those including any electronics.

Bell Services says to plan 5 PM for your bags to arrive at your new resort so that’s always my plan. I head off to the parks and by the time I arrive at my next stop, my bags are there.

Curious - what do you all do with your sensitive items like laptops, medicine (good grief I hope you guys don't have as much as we do!), etc.

We don’t take a laptop, but I lock my iPad in one of my big suitcases, cushioned in the middle of clothing. I always have a small bottle with a few of our meds in my crossbody anyway. The rest I pack in one of the suitcases too. Never had a problem. Note: we don’t have any controlled meds. If I had anything like that I’d keep them with us.

This next split stay we are using a car service for SeaWorld on our day of transfer so all our luggage will be in the car that day, but if we had not done that I would not have wanted to lug the valuable stuff nor would we want it potentially lost (not worried about theft as much) in Disney transfer.
I take a laptop bag and lock it with a little suitcase combination padlock. Have never had a problem as they can see it is a laptop bag so they label it fragile and take good care of it.

I used ti put my laptop in a suitcase in between clothes thinking that would cushion it and it did get broken in transit. Have never used that method since. Always use the laptop bag now.

Okay - we are here and have one more question before we move to Riviera. Will they move a lightsaber from Savi’s with our luggage? Just realized that will be part of it. Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter