First Solo Trip Jan 26-30, 2015

KNovacovschi

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone,

I'm not new to Disney but I am new to travelling solo. I do have a DH and DD but they aren't able to go with me this time. It was, kind of, a last min decision, I booked Dec 8th. I've booked POP, our usual hotel, as well as Crystal Palace and 50's Primetime for ADR. I was able to get all my FPs, including 7DMT, for the times I want. I'm so excited but kind of scared at the same time. I feel Disney is one of the safest places to be solo but I know not even Disney is 100% safe. Just wondering if anyone else is going solo this week

Ah, gee-I'm so sorry-I'll be there the week before. I've been to WDW solo about 30 times. DH doesn't have nearly the fanaticism I do, and our kids are grown. Thus, lots of solo trips. Have fun!

Ah, gee-I'm so sorry-I'll be there the week before. I've been to WDW solo about 30 times. DH doesn't have nearly the fanaticism I do, and our kids are grown. Thus, lots of solo trips. Have fun!

That's ok. I will definitely have fun, how can you not, it's Disney. :)

Hey everyone,

I'm not new to Disney but I am new to travelling solo. I do have a DH and DD but they aren't able to go with me this time. It was, kind of, a last min decision, I booked Dec 8th. I've booked POP, our usual hotel, as well as Crystal Palace and 50's Primetime for ADR. I was able to get all my FPs, including 7DMT, for the times I want. I'm so excited but kind of scared at the same time. I feel Disney is one of the safest places to be solo but I know not even Disney is 100% safe. Just wondering if anyone else is going solo this week

I'm there the 25th through the 30th. You'll do fine. I've been solo 4 times and I've never had any problems. Plus with the parks closing earlier it's not like there will be tons of people wandering around late at night. I plan to most of my park stuff early have 7ish ADR's then I'll either make the last hour of parks or I'll head back to a resort to have a drink and relax. I love being solo I have two tours planned and the three ADR's including one that I would never get my family to enjoy (BOMA).

Sometimes I think the hardest part for people is eating alone. I've never been bothered by that but I know that it weirds some folks out. But I know sometimes it's a little nerve racking for those who comtemplate walking back to the room late at night in the value/mod type setup.

I was running around in March and July later at night (in fact I was offsite in July and was in the parking lots late at night) and even then I never felt afraid or nervous. Everything is well lit there are plenty of CM's and honestly it's a not like it's the middle of a city where crime is more common.

I will say that I have run around Chicago/Las Vegas/Houston/NOLA and similar cities at night solo and while I'm not a hyper alert type, I was very aware of my surroundings and I've never felt the need for that hyper alertness at Disney.

PM me if you have questions or anything I'd be happy to talk to you about solo adventures.

My first solo trip is 1/27 - 1/30. It, too, was a last minute decision. I just booked today. No ADRs yet, no FastPasses. I need to figure out my plan of attack. I'm staying in Pop Century, that much I do have planned.

After a trip I had planned with my cousin fell through, so I decided to treat myself. I'm a little nervous going alone, but I am also excited about doing all the things I want to do.

My first solo trip is 1/27 - 1/30. It, too, was a last minute decision. I just booked today. No ADRs yet, no FastPasses. I need to figure out my plan of attack. I'm staying in Pop Century, that much I do have planned. After a trip I had planned with my cousin fell through, so I decided to treat myself. I'm a little nervous going alone, but I am also excited about doing all the things I want to do.

We will be at POP at the same time. :)

I'll be at Art of Animation Jan. 29 - Feb. 5 with a friend for a girls' trip. I went solo for a weekend trip in November and had a great time. WDW is a great place for solo trips. I never worried for my safety, or felt anxious about being alone at all. Enjoy your trip!!

I just booked my first solo trip today! Jan. 22-27 at All Star Sports. A bit nervous, but super excited!!!

Heya, I will be at All Star Music Jan 23-27 solo as well, leaving DH at home.

To the OP, I live very close to you - we could be neighbours! Enjoy your solo time, savour every moment. My opinion is that short trips are perfect for solo travel, especially your first time! ::yes::

If anyone wants to meet up just send me a PM. :cool1:

Happy new year everyone!

Heya, I will be at All Star Music Jan 23-27 solo as well, leaving DH at home. To the OP, I live very close to you - we could be neighbours! Enjoy your solo time, savour every moment. My opinion is that short trips are perfect for solo travel, especially your first time! ::yes:: If anyone wants to meet up just send me a PM. :cool1: Happy new year everyone!

Thanks!!! Enjoy your trip neighbour!! :)

I'm soooo happy to hear that you're taking the plunge and going on your first solo trip!!! I hope you love it as much as I loved mine in September!!! You're going to have a blast. And truly, I did not feel concern for my safety even once, and I'm a HUGE fraidy cat usually!!! :hug:

I'm soooo happy to hear that you're taking the plunge and going on your first solo trip!!! I hope you love it as much as I loved mine in September!!! You're going to have a blast. And truly, I did not feel concern for my safety even once, and I'm a HUGE fraidy cat usually!!! :hug:

I am to. I'm getting super excited. I'm planning all the things I can't normally due because DH and DD don't want to. Then in September I'll do whatever my DD wants. Only 24 more days. :)

I am to. I'm getting super excited. I'm planning all the things I can't normally due because DH and DD don't want to. Then in September I'll do whatever my DD wants. Only 24 more days. :)

I also know I'll be returning with family. So on my solo trips, I make it a point to try some new restaurants. That way I have a better idea what to recommend and not on future trips. I've introduced DH to some great restaurants that way, and some others, not so great, we've avoided.

You'll have a blast!

I am going on my first solo in mid-January. I have a DH and 2 DS's, but wanted a mom-cation. I was going to go on a cruise, but we have WDW annual passes this year (usually we do not), so I figured why try Disney solo. I am a nervous solo traveler myself, and figure while it is the real world, and I'll keep my eyes open, I do feel safe there. Even safer than a cruise. I'm staying at a value resort, partly because of cost, but partly because there are always people around (a plus in this situation!).

I am eager to do all the restaurants and attractions that my kids and/or DH dread! And, no complaining about early rope drops! (I wake up early; they do not normally.) I think I will miss them a little, but am very excited.

Have a great trip!

You'll have a blast! I am going on my first solo in mid-January. I have a DH and 2 DS's, but wanted a mom-cation. I was going to go on a cruise, but we have WDW annual passes this year (usually we do not), so I figured why try Disney solo. I am a nervous solo traveler myself, and figure while it is the real world, and I'll keep my eyes open, I do feel safe there. Even safer than a cruise. I'm staying at a value resort, partly because of cost, but partly because there are always people around (a plus in this situation!). I am eager to do all the restaurants and attractions that my kids and/or DH dread! And, no complaining about early rope drops! (I wake up early; they do not normally.) I think I will miss them a little, but am very excited. Have a great trip!

You as well!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter