First round of stimulus checks deposited today

Here's a link to a page I just found, with info about the stimulus checks. I don't take responsibility for any information on that page however, lol!

Who will get them, when they will get them, says they are launching a stimulus checker on Friday to check when yours will be there. It also says The people getting theirs first are the ones who filed tax returns in 2018 or 2019 and received funds through direct deposit. People who didn’t file taxes, are very low income or are older and don't need to file will have to wait for their money. Any paper checks should go out starting early May.
Which isn't apparently fully true..as we have filed ours for years online, and always get ours direct deposit, and there is no sign of it yet.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/h...arly/285-bcd4a49d-583b-4cc8-9dff-1fa1a7fa19be

My friends son got his Saturday. It showed as a pending deposit.

I have USAA. They don’t hold pending deposits. They just release them. I don’t have anything yet.
When some banks and credit unions give you a pending deposit notification of a govt check, it's a heads up this amount will be deposited on the designated date.

Banks like USAA don't generally give a heads up, they just deposit into the account on the designated date.

Neither is necessarily better than the other, just different ways of doing business.

Last edited:
I don’t have anything yet either, and I filed my 2019 taxes online and already received the refund vis direct deposit. Hopefully I will get it soon.

So for my 2019 taxes I owed and already paid that with my debit card.

I did get a refund with my 2018 taxes and did direct deposit.

will they use the direct deposit info from 2018?

Last edited:
My friends son got his Saturday. It showed as a pending deposit.

I have USAA. They don’t hold pending deposits. They just release them. I don’t have anything yet.

Same here

When some banks and credit unions give you a pending deposit notification of a govt check, it's a heads up this amount will be deposited on the designated date.

Banks like USAA don't generally give a heads up, they just deposit into the account on the designated date.

Neither is necessarily better than the other, just different ways of doing business.

ive always gotten my paycheck 24-48 hours before coworkers since banking with USAA. I think they actually release the funds faster.

I always get my paychecks early. And any refunds from the IRS always come in early. I think usaa just moves quicker. People I know who show pending deposits still don’t have access to the money until the actual release date even if it shows pending.

if I’m part of the 4/15 group I expect my money to show tomorrow at 6 am.

Here's a link to a page I just found, with info about the stimulus checks. I don't take responsibility for any information on that page however, lol!

Who will get them, when they will get them, says they are launching a stimulus checker on Friday to check when yours will be there. It also says The people getting theirs first are the ones who filed tax returns in 2018 or 2019 and received funds through direct deposit. People who didn’t file taxes, are very low income or are older and don't need to file will have to wait for their money. Any paper checks should go out starting early May.
Which isn't apparently fully true..as we have filed ours for years online, and always get ours direct deposit, and there is no sign of it yet.

Read that paper checks being mailed starting Apr 24 - tier system with lowest income being first to be mailed

Direct deposit started already - first wave - for those filers (2018 or 2019)

Next.wave.of direct deposit will be for SS and/or SSDI- provided your bank info on file with SSA- 1099 form would be used by IRS for info

https://www.khou.com/article/news/h...arly/285-bcd4a49d-583b-4cc8-9dff-1fa1a7fa19be

Same here - Chase and nothing - read on Twitter that they are going by last name (alphabetical order)

The ones I know are mid to end of alphabet.

I read single people are getting them first.

at this point who the heck knows their rhyme or reason! Lol

"First" in this context just means "in the next week or two."

"Second" will be people who receive SS/SDI payments.

"Third" will be those who need to receive paper checks.

Each wave will take place over a period of several weeks. So, as a tax filer who filed electronically and has a linked bank account, you will get your payment in this first wave, but each wave has several smaller waves of payments being sent out, so there is no need to worry if you haven't gotten your deposit while others have.

I don’t have anything yet either, and I filed my 2019 taxes online and already received the refund vis direct deposit. Hopefully I will get it soon.

That is me, too. My tax refund just showed up last week; no stimulus yet. I've been filing online and using direct deposit for a while now, so I should see it before too long.

Can someone explain why the direct deposits need to go out in waves (regardless of whether it's by last name or when you filed your taxes, or anything)? We're talking electronic transfers of money. I get it takes time to print checks and mail them, but tell me a computer isn't doing the calculations on how much each household gets and knows where it needs to go.

Can someone explain why the direct deposits need to go out in waves (regardless of whether it's by last name or when you filed your taxes, or anything)? We're talking electronic transfers of money. I get it takes time to print checks and mail them, but tell me a computer isn't doing the calculations on how much each household gets and knows where it needs to go.

Heard a few.different reasons - the IRS (as currently constituted, as far as manpower and machinery) can only handle a certain amt at a time

ACH can only accept a.certain number of deposits/checks at once

My stepdaughter just asked me a question and I have no idea what the answer would be. They filed their taxes thru Jackson Hewitt, using the rapid refund thing. Apparently the 'rapid refund' goes onto an american express card associated with whatever bank Jackson Hewitt uses. She says the refund gets direct deposited onto that card. So she asked me if the stimulus check would be direct deposited onto that card, since that's how they received their tax refund this year (and apparently for the last few years)
Anyone have any idea on the answer to this one? I have no idea as we file online and get our refund direct deposited to our bank.
I told her to call Jackson Hewitt and ask, but she's too busy complaining that she might have to wait for a paper check., lol!
Apparently it's not enough that her husband is on unemployment and will be getting the extra $600 a week in his unemployment pay as soon as the government gets going on that!!

Same here - Chase and nothing - read on Twitter that they are going by last name (alphabetical order)
A friend received his via direct deposit on Saturday. His last name begins with W. I filed both 2018 and 2019 returns with direct deposit. My last name begins with L and I have not received my deposit.

also, my son has not received his deposi. He works very part time and earned less than $10k last year. No deposit yet. Same last name as me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter