First Paris Disney trip July 2024

wannabee

DIS Veteran
Hey Disney Paris experts,

We are planning our first trip to DLP in July 2024. I realize July will be crowded but no getting around July as we are really traveling to view some of the Tour de France. I am hoping to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. The only thing I can find is reopening 2024. I am hopeful it will be open in July. If not, I think I will stay at Newport Bay Club as no interest in Marvel. I am working on my budget and I am curious about how much more the DL Hotel used to be than hotel New York. What would be a good ballpark figure.. 30% more 50% more?? any thoughts?

It's very difficult to say because the last time that both Hotel New York and the Disneyland Hotel were open at the same time was probably early 2019, so figures are very out of date.

Since then we've had HNY's upgrade to being the Art of Marvel (therefore bumping up its price), Covid (which scrambled up all sorts of pricing in the tourist industry) and now DLH's refurb, where we don't yet know exactly how much of a refurb it is - is it just a lick of paint, or are they making massive improvements to the rooms (and therefore we should expect higher prices)?

With all those caveats above I would say that comparing prices for the old HNY and DLH, there was probably at least a 25% difference, maybe up to 33% from memory, so that's all you can really go on for now.

If I remember correctly. Before covid, the Disneyland hotel was 400 euro a night in low season (january), and up to 1100 in high season (summer & christmas).

What we do know about some of the rooms is that they are getting rethemed into a princess theme. A lot of maintenance was done on the outside, but that's of course easier, that's what we can see :)

You do Know that the 2024 Tour de France is finishing in NICE

( Look it up )
yes, we are planning to see the finish in Nice but plan to spend some time in Paris as well. We have 3 weeks total but won't know which days we have for Paris and DLP until the complete schedule comes out.

I've stayed at all DLP hotels except the Disneyland Hotel. Every time I plan to stay onsite I look it up and every time my conclusion is "it's madness". But if you're used to staying at the Grand Floridian (its older brother) then probably it'll come with a smaller shock, I think prices are in the same madness category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter