First night dining attire?

DWFamilyof6

Mouseketeer
Odd question possibly. On Our first night dining in the main dining room. Is it acceptable just to wart the casual shirts and shorts you wore on board? I don’t see us feeling like changing. Plus our outfits to board a pretty cute but not at all dressy. I’m sure I’m over thinking this but first time DCL cruiser here.

Odd question possibly. On Our first night dining in the main dining room. Is it acceptable just to wart the casual shirts and shorts you wore on board? I don’t see us feeling like changing. Plus our outfits to board a pretty cute but not at all dressy. I’m sure I’m over thinking this but first time DCL cruiser here.

Yes, casual shirts and shorts are fine. DCL is very casual. Just don't show up in a swim suit or tank top in the main dining room and you'll be fine.

Yes shorts are fine but do you really want to wear shorts? DCL keeps the dining rooms cool to keep the throw up down. Also the servers work very hard at dinner if it wasn’t cool they will sweat in our food and drinks. I’m from New Jersey I only wear a jacket a few times a year. Doesn’t get cold enough here for me.sweatshirt is fine on most winter days for me. I don’t wear shorts at dinner because of the cool dining rooms. People do wear shorts thou. They must have a really good cold tolerant.

First night they know people may not have unpacked yet. Disney has relaxed their dress code since we cruised DCL at the end of 2003. Far cry from my first cruise in 1980 on another cruise line. Suits and semi formal every night except formal nights, then tuxes and evening gowns were the minimum. Cruises have gotten so much more informal. My wife and I enjoy dressing up. We were on a Celebrity cruise in October and we didn't have tuxes and formal wear, but on formal nights I did wear a suit and my wife a nice dress.

You don't mention what what cruise and what time of year. As others have said, you're totally fine. If I'm on a non-winter cruise to either the Bahamas or Caribbean, it's safe to say I'll have shorts on at dinner every night except formal and Palo. Disney is very casual. Go with what makes you happy. Read the dress code for yourself, that many people have said. No swimwear or tank tops. Enjoy your vacation. Also, if you're on a 7 night, formal night is not very formal. You can count the number of Tuxs on your fingers. However, most people do make an effort that night to step up their game a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter