First impressions - Fantasy 3/2-3/9

I'm also loving your live reports (and so happy you got on the Aquaduck). Did you arrange the private tour prior to your cruise? Or once you were in port? Do you mind sharing the cost? We are still trying to decide what to do on our Tortola port day this June.
Thank you!
Months before - I think it was a couple of hundred dollars for 3 hours, but I was there for longer - and by myself

https://www.stouttstaxiandtour.com/

I’ve done Remy Dessert multiple times and it’s always been great. My most recent time was on the Fantasy in December. The “Lemon”’was the most unreal item I’ve ever had. I felt bad eating it as it takes 3 days to make and the chefs have to make it in a walk in refrigerator.
OMG….

I’m so excited about tomorrow! I’m kind of shocked they don’t allow open toed sandals - so even my nice ones are out. I’ll have to wear black sneakers

I’m so excited about tomorrow! I’m kind of shocked they don’t allow open toed sandals - so even my nice ones are out. I’ll have to wear black sneakers
They do allow open toed sandals. I wore mine and noone said a word. :)

I’ve done Remy Dessert multiple times and it’s always been great. My most recent time was on the Fantasy in December. The “Lemon”’was the most unreal item I’ve ever had. I felt bad eating it as it takes 3 days to make and the chefs have to make it in a walk in refrigerator.
This looks fabulous!!! But did you feel like you had sugar overload by the end?

So today I took the Trunk Bay Getaway excursion

The boat ride over was wonderful - I love being out on the water, and the Caribbean is so beautiful. The sun is strong!!

We stopped at an overlook to the photos of Trunk Bay beach - I’ve never seen anything like it; the water was an electric, neon blue. The beach is spectacular up close, too - with wonderful, soft sand. Like yesterday, the water was so refreshing - even more so because it was slightly cooler. It felt like fresh water - and it was as clear. I could have stayed forever. I wish we had more than about an hour and ten minutes at the beach, but to fair, I don’t think I could have stayed much longer in the water - close to an hour

Back on ship, I got in 2 AquaDuck rides. In the second, they made it only double riders, so I partnered with a dad whose wife and daughter went just before us. Bonus; I got the front, which is great if you really want to get set. Bummer that it seems it’s 2 rider only when at sea

Then I just went to the adult pool for a before playing trivia

The condition has us second guessing our next cruise. Early last year we did the Wish - a new ship.

A week ago we were on the Magic - dry docked less than a year ago.

We were eyeing the Fantasy next. Maybe we wait until after the next dry docking?

The condition has us second guessing our next cruise. Early last year we did the Wish - a new ship.

We were eyeing the Fantasy next. Maybe we wait until after the next dry docking?
I haven’t noticed anything wrong, TBH. If you’re inclined to go on the Fantasy, I say go!

If it really is going to make a difference, save your money. (Not snark.). Second guessing is not always wrong; you know better than others what matters to you.

No ship that is 12 years old is going to look like a new ship. For me, it looks pretty close to when I sailed at her beginning.

Today, I cannot tell you anything that was flawed when I sailed Fantasy this September. … But I do remember my Carnival Fantasy ship from Feb 2020! It was deconstructed that Fall - which was justified.

But I would ask how you found the Magic to be, in terms of physical condition. (I was on her last May.) There was a lot of issues coming out of that Drydock.

I would rather sail on a ship scheduled for Drydock (not necessarily imminent or emergent) than on a first sailing following Drydock.

Disney does a nice job of maintaining their shops continuously. Drydock really lets them do major overhauls and clean the underside of the hull.

So happy to hear your excursion went well and the weather and views were great.

I was surprised to hear you enjoyed the ferry ride! Maybe you sat up top and had wind in your hair and wide open views of the islands.

Until you can post the view, a little visual aid for the readers (from December). You can see a bit of the beach sand.

IMG_9924.jpeg

So happy to hear your excursion went well and the weather and views were great.

I was surprised to hear you enjoyed the ferry ride! Maybe you sat up top and had wind in your hair and wide open views of the islands.

Until you can post the view, a little visual aid for the readers (from December). You can see a bit of the beach sand.

View attachment 839723
I knew I would! I sat on the side, underneath some kind of shelf, so I was protected from the sun to a degree. It wasn’t really a ferry - not like I think of a ferry. I love the water, and wind in my hair—and I got sprayed a bit !

Oops, here are the photos

I forgot to mention - Animator’s Palate was awesome last night. Below is my animated drawing - the orange one!

Dinner tonight was at Enchanted Garden - another very good dinner, in a beautiful setting

Attachments

• IMG_3252.jpeg
    IMG_3252.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3255.jpeg
    IMG_3255.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3258.jpeg
    IMG_3258.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3259.jpeg
    IMG_3259.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3253.jpeg
    IMG_3253.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3255.jpeg
    IMG_3255.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 12
You grabbed some great views.

I had the same ferry both times. It had a large downstairs with rows of padded seats and an open deck upstairs. We loaded at the end of the dock near the cruise ships.

Your work of art didn’t make it in the post.

This trip is really what you hoped? Yes?

Enchanted Garden photos

Attachments

• IMG_3282.jpeg
    IMG_3282.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3288.jpeg
    IMG_3288.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3297.jpeg
    IMG_3297.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3303.jpeg
    IMG_3303.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3287.jpeg
    IMG_3287.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3280.jpeg
    IMG_3280.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3281.jpeg
    IMG_3281.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 10
You grabbed some great views.

I had the same ferry both times. It had a large downstairs with rows of padded seats and an open deck upstairs. We loaded at the end of the dock near the cruise ships.

Your work of art didn’t make it in the post.

This trip is really what you hoped? Yes?
Thank you!

Oops!

Oh better! I don’t want to leave, lol!

Attachments

• IMG_3239.jpeg
    IMG_3239.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 10
So today I took the Trunk Bay Getaway excursion

The boat ride over was wonderful - I love being out on the water, and the Caribbean is so beautiful. The sun is strong!!

We stopped at an overlook to the photos of Trunk Bay beach - I’ve never seen anything like it; the water was an electric, neon blue. The beach is spectacular up close, too - with wonderful, soft sand. Like yesterday, the water was so refreshing - even more so because it was slightly cooler. It felt like fresh water - and it was as clear. I could have stayed forever. I wish we had more than about an hour and ten minutes at the beach, but to fair, I don’t think I could have stayed much longer in the water - close to an hour
If you decide to stay forever, maybe I will join you! LOL I always told my family if I run away you will find me in St. John! Looks like the perfect trip!

I'm on the same cruise and was passing the pool bar near Cove Cafe and overheard the bartender tell a guest they were out so... Also does anyone know the drydock schedule for the Fantasy, the ship really needs some TLC. Our veranda is in tough shape with paint missing and very rusted weld seams. The stateroom carpet is ripped at a seam and furniture is pretty scratched up. Besides all the dings still having a great time. See attached veranda photo. That missing paint is about 5 inches in diameter.

View attachment 838666
This is spooky. Sometime during our St Thomas Port stop maintenance repainted that part of the veranda. Is DCL lurking on these boards. Perhaps?20240307_082146.jpg

Gorgeous pics of St John and Trunk Bay! We honeymooned there in 1993. So glad you're having a wonderful cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter