First impressions - Fantasy 3/2-3/9

I'm on the same cruise and was passing the pool bar near Cove Cafe and overheard the bartender tell a guest they were out so... Also does anyone know the drydock schedule for the Fantasy, the ship really needs some TLC. Our veranda is in tough shape with paint missing and very rusted weld seams. The stateroom carpet is ripped at a seam and furniture is pretty scratched up. Besides all the dings still having a great time. See attached veranda photo. That missing paint is about 5 inches in diameter.

View attachment 838666
Hard to believe the Fantasy is already 12 years old!

I’m so excited! And, I love Scottish accents and Scottish people, so I’m in love with him already, lol

Thank you for tip about the water - I’m so sorry about your server - that’s terrible; did you speak to management?
LOL. My husband is of Scottish descent so it was nice. We did nor speak to management because overall the experience was so well done and enjoyable, I just did not let one bad apple ruin it, Lucky for us, about mid-way through other servers came over to offer coffee and there was a handful serving the desserts, so we had pleasant interactions with them.
I hope you have the same chef, he was awesome!

I will!
2 things:

The CM said they don’t allow single riders on AquaDuck in high winds, which he said is mostly sea days. I’m not blaming them since it’s apparently a safety thing, but that is Sooooooo disappointing. It means I either have to ask strangers if I can share or I just won’t be able to do it

Also, I cancelled Remy dinner - I saw the menu and I don’t want to complicate things w/ chef - there were a few too many things that I didn’t want to eat.

I’m fine - I’ve got the dessert experience, and also Palo
We're a family of three and one of us was always happy to share with a single rider. Hopefully your fellow cruisers are the same. We were on the fantasy exactly four years ago this week...missing it. Have a great week!

I just sailed the dream and fantasy and while they are exactly the same the fantasy staff made it legitimately feel magical

LOL. My husband is of Scottish descent so it was nice. We did nor speak to management because overall the experience was so well done and enjoyable, I just did not let one bad apple ruin it, Lucky for us, about mid-way through other servers came over to offer coffee and there was a handful serving the desserts, so we had pleasant interactions with them.
I hope you have the same chef, he was awesome!
Thank you - I will post photos !

We're a family of three and one of us was always happy to share with a single rider. Hopefully your fellow cruisers are the same. We were on the fantasy exactly four years ago this week...missing it. Have a great week!
It was so frustrating - I spent close to an hour standing in my bathing suit, looking foolish, waiting for possibilities. Most everyone came paired up. There were a couple of times I got close, but nothing

The CMs have told me that when it’s windy they only allow 2 because the rafts with just 1 would flip over. They also said that usually it’s 2 only at sea due to wind, and single at port - unless it’s windy. I want to go on AquaDuck so much - ugh. I’ve got excursions, so I won’t even be able to take advantage of ports …unless I leave CC early. I don’t know why they don’t have a few single rafts …

It was so frustrating - I spent close to an hour standing in my bathing suit, looking foolish, waiting for possibilities. Most everyone came paired up. There were a couple of times I got close, but nothing

The CMs have told me that when it’s windy they only allow 2 because the rafts with just 1 would flip over. They also said that usually it’s 2 only at sea due to wind, and single at port - unless it’s windy. I want to go on AquaDuck so much - ugh. I’ve got excursions, so I won’t even be able to take advantage of ports …unless I leave CC early. I don’t know why they don’t have a few single rafts …
A lot of people are in your position about the single rider. Don’t be afraid to just ask. I had a young girl come up to me at MDR one night and ask if I would go with her just for that reason. And it worked out because I was also a single rider! Try asking around Quiet Cove or Satellite Falls if you don’t want to ask an 18 under. Or ask your table mates at MDR!

A lot of people are in your position about the single rider. Don’t be afraid to just ask. I had a young girl come up to me at MDR one night and ask if I would go with her just for that reason. And it worked out because I was also a single rider! Try asking around Quiet Cove or Satellite Falls if you don’t want to ask an 18 under. Or ask your table mates at MDR!
I did ask when it looked like there was maybe a chance, but one girl’s mom showed up, and a young boy wanted to wait for his father.

I can’t go and approach strangers - I’m not that kind of person.

I’m trying not to allow this to ruin my cruise. I’m having a great time, but I’m annoyed

I was assigned a solo table for MDR - is that odd? I think there was a mix up - but honestly, I would NOT have wanted to sit with just one other stranger (which is what it would have been); I’d have been happy with a few others

On a positive note, Palo dinner was one of the best meals I’ve ever had in my life

Attachments

• IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3144.jpeg
    IMG_3144.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3145.jpeg
    IMG_3145.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3146.jpeg
    IMG_3146.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3147.jpeg
    IMG_3147.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 4
I did ask when it looked like there was maybe a chance, but one girl’s mom showed up, and a young boy wanted to wait for his father.

I’m trying not to allow this to ruin my cruise. I’m having a great time, but I’m annoyed

I was assigned a solo table for MDR - is that odd? I think there was a mix up - but honestly, I would NOT have wanted to sit with just one other stranger (which is what it would have been); I’d have been happy with a few others

On a positive note, Palo dinner was one of the best meals I’ve ever had in my life
You could maybe ask the serving team if there are any tables that you could join? You can also make some conversation with the tables around you, I hope. Palo looks like it was good!

I understand about not wanting to ask someone else...it's tough. That being said, people would understand. Maybe even ask if you find people partnered up if anyone wants to go a second time? I'm sure there are others in the same situation or groups of 3 that need another person. I also think you'll likely be able to find time in a port to do it. I have my fingers crossed for you!

You could maybe ask the serving team if there are any tables that you could join? You can also make some conversation with the tables around you, I hope. Palo looks like it was good!

I understand about not wanting to ask someone else...it's tough. That being said, people would understand. Maybe even ask if you find people partnered up if anyone wants to go a second time? I'm sure there are others in the same situation or groups of 3 that need another person. I also think you'll likely be able to find time in a port to do it. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Oh I’m fine eating by myself, but that’s a great idea!

I think people would understand, I just find it to be awkward.

I’m going to try and think positive -maybe today’s the day!

Thank you!!!

I’m sure it won’t ruin your cruise! I didn’t get to go a couple weeks ago because the insane wind and it was one of my Mom and my favorite trips! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter