• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Ever DISUnplugged PodCast Cruise Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang it, I spent all that time on the "other" thread...

Anyway, I guess I'll rehash.

Xmas decorations are up :) I'm going on a road trip for xmas to avoid the Holiday shuffle, etc etc....

Carry on....

Wow, glad I didn't put money on that bet...congrats, Lori!
I'll never get into the "Top Ten" on this thread.

Hopefully I can cover all the things going on in the previous thread....

Topics,

Raul, J/Kims wedding, cisterns, chocolate/cake/puddin/pie, wine/martinis...ohhh and I think we talked about the cruise a little too....

Wow, glad I didn't put money on that bet...congrats, Lori!
I'll never get into the "Top Ten" on this thread.

Just respond to everyone no matter what they say...

Not that I would ever do that...

Hey, Gerardo, those are some pretty goth-looking princesses you have in your signature! I like 'em!

Hey...I'm in! The fact we are starting a part 2 thread for the cruise makes it seem a bit closer to May 10th, 2009, doesn't it?

dang it, I spent all that time on the "other" thread...

Anyway, I guess I'll rehash.

Xmas decorations are up :) I'm going on a road trip for xmas to avoid the Holiday shuffle, etc etc....

Carry on....

We skip right over christmas. We celebrate christmas (actually we call it thanksmas) at my inlaws during thanksgiving. They head to Florida the next week, so we always decorate early. Since its cold here, I like to get everything out and up outdoors during the first warm weekend in November. It will take me a week or so to get everything up, so by the time I hit the switch it will be closer to thanksgiving. This year we head south on the 18th of Dec, so I want to enjoy my decorations more than two weeks.

There...carried your quote over so we don't have to hop between threads.

I personally don't think about Christmas until the last gourd rots.

You are allowed 2 checked bags and one carry on bag. You can put the luggage under your bed (unless it is too thick). This is what we do. Put the smaller bags in the larger bags and shove them under the bed. You can also use the closet but not as much room in there.

Any clue as to how thick is "too thick"? I have a couple different roll-behind suitcases and would hate to stumble across them every morning.

OK, I really have nothing to say, I just wanted to get started on the new thread.

Kim

There...carried your quote over so we don't have to hop between threads.

I personally don't think about Christmas until the last gourd rots.

My family is just the opposite. We start Christmas next weekend and lasts through mid January. On one side of my family, my grandparents are devout snowbirds and refuse to come back up to the frigid north country unless its an emergency. They make it a habit to leave on opening day of rifle season. Then between the multilpe marriages/divorces in my fairly large immeadiate family, we attend six or seven holidays, brining us through the second/third weekend in the new year.

However, I don't start decorating before my birthday. Its just not right!

Hey...I'm in! The fact we are starting a part 2 thread for the cruise makes it seem a bit closer to May 10th, 2009, doesn't it?

If my calculations are correct, I can start making ressies for dining around the cruise on Sunday! Whoohooo

Anyone else making ADRs soon? What and where?

If my calculations are correct, I can start making ressies for dining around the cruise on Sunday! Whoohooo

I know, can't believe the 6 month mark is almost here - Usually I know all the adr's I'm going to make, but this time I'm stumped. I think I'm waiting for the park hours to come out then I'll make a decision.

If I had it my way, our Christmas stuff would be out NOW! I love decorating for Christmas...gives the house a warm and cozy feel!

My calculations have Sunday as 181 days until sailing...so I think it depends on when you are planning on dining.

Is anyone planning a gathering for dinner on Saturday?

My calculations have Sunday as 181 days until sailing...so I think it depends on when you are planning on dining.

Is anyone planning a gathering for dinner on Saturday?
I'm going to wait and see if the gang has any pre-cruise gatherings in mind before I think about making my own plans.

We'll be traveling with my brother and his wife, but they don't know it yet! I am sooooooooooooooo excited for the big Christmas reveal for them! Anyway, they are non-DISers, as of now, but that may change after the holidays are over. If they choose to remain non-DISers, we'll have to gently ease them into the madness.

Anyway, we had considered doing Disney Quest upon arrival into Orlando on that Saturday. But we haven't made definite plans yet. We do know that we won't be going into any parks though...just not in the budget for us on that trip.

I'm waiting to make our final plans on two things: 1. my brother and his wife finding out that they are going with us and 2. if the Podcast team have anything planned for the night before.

If no plans are made, we may stick to the Downtown Disney area for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter