First DVC Resale Contract for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

Won't happen at that price...

The resale market buyers tend to be highly educated and discerning customers.... They know what these points are truly worth, as well as the limited appeal of a restricted resort, and the limited utility beyond Disneyland.

Our recent poll says, at least those on the disboards, are not interested in paying anything remotely near $170....

There are undoubtedly some people who would love to buy these points, but they will struggle at this price point.

From the listing...

"(current estimated nightly tax rates for 2024 range from $27.80 to $556 per night)"

$556 per night??? I think the hotel tax is 15% (or very close to that). So that means that the grand villas have a tax-assessment rate of $3,200 per night? I hadn't realized it was that high. Wow.
HOW, do they tax you on using your own property?

VDH is super cool with not much DVC competition - but I could never pay more than $3pp/py on the resale. These first 3 contracts ask ~$26/27k for ~150pts. $22k is the most we’d ever consider and I doubt we’ll see that in the next year.

The tax is under $3pp when using the points, it’s around $2.80.
Middle season is roughly $40/nt duo, $55/nt studio, $110/nt 1BR, $165/nt 2BR, and $350/nt GV.

Mmm
guess I’ll stay in florida
Actually, California is one of the very few states that has no state-level lodging or occupancy tax (which states like Florida and Texas absolutely do), and leaves taxing of hotel rooms to the local city and/or county. Now, that doesn't address Anaheim taxing timeshare owners, but if you're talking about cash stays, in Orange County, FL, you'll get hit with state sales tax, Orange County sales tax, and the Orange County Tourist tax...

State Lodging Tax Requirements

Please remember we do not allow people posting likes to contracts for sale, so I had to delete several posts. DIS doesn’t allow posts For Sale and there is no way for us to know who the actual seller is.

This thread was allowed because it was the first one and a place to discuss the market trends.

Sharing info in general like there is a stripped contract now for xyz is fine, but no links, broker details, etc.

Actually, California is one of the very few states that has no state-level lodging or occupancy tax (which states like Florida and Texas absolutely do), and leaves taxing of hotel rooms to the local city and/or county. Now, that doesn't address Anaheim taxing timeshare owners, but if you're talking about cash stays, in Orange County, FL, you'll get hit with state sales tax, Orange County sales tax, and the Orange County Tourist tax...

State Lodging Tax Requirements
That fine,
However, I guess my problem
Is that DVC is deeded real estate.
The state is taxing owners for using there own home in addition to the property taxes that are already paid.

I was not talking about cash stays, just straight Dvc point stays

Property tax is the original wealth tax. You’ll never enjoy your own property rent-free. The geniuses in Sacramento are just masters at taxation
I understand that,
But these owners have already paid their property tax.

Now they have to pay another tax on top of their property tax….

Again, I’ll stay in Florida, at lease there they only tax you once, and there is no income tax…

I understand that,
But these owners have already paid their property tax.

Now they have to pay another tax on top of their property tax….

Again, I’ll stay in Florida, at lease there they only tax you once, and there is no income tax…

The laws are written in a way that timeshares don’t fall under law same way.

Someone has mentioned that there is something similar in FL properties but not separate like it is in CA.

Property tax is the original wealth tax. You’ll never enjoy your own property rent-free. The geniuses in Sacramento are just masters at taxation
Except there is no state hotel tax, so don't bother driving up to Sac to complain. The guilty parties are over on Anaheim Blvd.

Oh, and while we're at it, California has the 15th lowest state property tax rate in the country at 0.76%. Florida rolls in at #23 with a tax rate of 0.89%, and Texas clocks in at a whopping 1.8% putting it at the 6th HIGHEST property tax rate in the country.

ETA: North Carolina also has a higher state property tax than California at 0.84%.

Last edited:
Except there is no state hotel tax, so don't bother driving up to Sac to complain. The guilty parties are over on Anaheim Blvd.

Oh, and while we're at it, California has the 15th lowest state property tax rate in the country at 0.76%. Florida rolls in at #23 with a tax rate of 0.89%, and Texas clocks in at a whopping 1.8% putting it at the 6th HIGHEST property tax rate in the country.

ETA: North Carolina also has a higher state property tax than California at 0.84%.
Facts and nuance don’t seem to be as fun as blanket outrage statements 🤣

Facts and nuance don’t seem to be as fun as blanket outrage statements
When you add the dues of 9.06 plus this extra tax of estimated/reported 2.80 a points, I think 11.86 a point is pretty rediculous. And that's a brand new resort. What will happen in 10 or 20 years? Ouch

I stick with Florida, just not Vero Beach.

When you add the dues of 9.06 plus this extra tax of estimated/reported 2.80 a points, I think 11.86 a point is pretty rediculous. And that's a brand new resort. What will happen in 10 or 20 years? Ouch

I stick with Florida, just not Vero Beach.
Your concerns are shared by many. But I don't think it's reason enough to avoid a vacation to Disneyland altogether. It's vastly different enough to warrant a trip. I for one would rather stay in some of the hotels on Harbor than at VDH. But if I'm able to use direct points while paying the ToT, why not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter