First Dream Castle Trip Report Complete

looking forward to reading more.I am another who was there at the same time....didn't we have great weather :thumbsup2

How are you back already???? :confused3

Hope you get over the jet lag soon so we can enjoy the rest of your TR! :goodvibes

Feeling like a new woman after a good night's sleep so the report continues--

I arrived into Paris Charles de Gualle airport at about 8:00am on Tuesday Feb. 8th after about 45 minutes sleep. Miraculously I found the shuttle to terminal 2 and the train station office where I was to pick up my TGV ticket to Disneyland Paris. I purchase the ticket online at tgveurope.com a few weeks back for 15.90Euro - a really good price but not knowing how long it would take me to find the train station I had made my ticket for a 10:30am train. So that meant I had a good hour plus to wait for my train. I do think it was worth the discount on the price to buy it ahead of time but might book for an earlier train time if I do it again. Luckily I had a good book to read while I waited. Well at this point I was still moving slowly but waiting in the train station was a bit aggravating.:headache:

ry%3D400

The train to Disneyland Paris took 10 minutes!:woohoo: Definitely the way to travel!

Then I had a large shaker of pixie dust!!:wizard::wizard::wizard: I was feeling like a zombie and was afraid when I went to check in at the Dream Castle that I'd have to wait until 4pm for a room. But happily there was another room ready so I took it!! By 11am I was checked into my room and lounging in a very hot bath.:goodvibes Suitably refreshed I changed clothes and headed to Disneyland Park for lunch!

ry%3D400

My room - first impressions of the Dream Castle - liked the decor - very plush but needing renovation. A very icky smell in the hallway spoke of some water issues but so glad my room had no odor. The carpet in my room needed replacing and the grouting in the bath could have been redone but other than that everything was fine. The bed was comfortable - hallelujah and I liked the lighted wardrobe and kettle station and fridge. The room was a nice size and the colors warm and cozy.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Dream Castle vs. Magic Circus - Since I have stayed most recently at the Magic Circus it was easy to compare the two hotels. Honestly I thought there was little difference here - the Magic Circus has been more recently renovated and I thought the rooms a bit nicer and the breakfast dining area a little sleeker in style but I liked the airy feeling of the common areas of the Dream Castle. I would pay a discounted rate to stay at either hotels - definitely wouldn't pay full price though. For the price I paid it was well worth every penny.:thumbsup2

how wonderful you could get a room at the check in :goodvibes it looks really nice and lovely. I like the bed.

Welcome back! Great start to your trip report - your hotel room looks lovely. Can't wait to read some more!

Thanks - will get back to the report at some point - it was a nice room!:)

how wonderful you could get a room at the check in :goodvibes it looks really nice and lovely. I like the bed.

The bed was VERY comfortable - happy day - it was a really nice dose of pixie dust to get a room at check in - I was dreading the long wait until I could get a room.:)

Hope you have great upcoming trips!

After a lovely soak in a hot bath I was feeling considerably more human.:cloud9: I was also getting hungry and so decided to make my way to Disneyland Park. I always like to start my trips here - just screams "disney" to me!:wizard:

So after a little soak in the happiness that is Main Street USA it was off to the Plaza Gardens for lunch (I really wanted Agrabah but it wasn't open). No matter - Plaza Gardens was good and bustling plus there was a jazz band playing which really added to the ambiance. I loved watching the little kids dance to the music while their folks were having lunch - so cute!:goodvibes

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The food was as always good and plentiful. I used my annual pass discount.

Then it was off to one of my favorite attractions - Buzz Lightyear. There were hardly any crowds- only a 5 minute wait for Buzz so I think I rode twice in a row trying to up my score. February is a really nice time for low crowds!

ry%3D400

Then I decided I wanted to do some things I hadn't done before - watch cartoons in the Videpolis while enjoying a hot chocolate and Star Tours. I was a little worried about star tours making me ill - but it was fine. I really enjoyed watching Walt Disney's original Steamboat Willie cartoon as I had recently watched a television program on CNBC about Walt Disney. The program gave the history of his life and how he progressed from cartoons to animated feature films - very interesting - gave me a whole new perspective on Walt Disney and what might seem to some as a very old, "boring" cartoon. He really was ahead of his time!

I think this was the second cartoon as it was in technicolor - Mickey's Garden or something like that-

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

A castle shot and wander through Fantasyland - check out that great weather!:goodvibes

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

One of the arcades-

ry%3D400

Feeling a bit washed out I decided to head back to the hotel before 5pm. I love the little footprints at the Dream Castle showing the little ones where they should go while their parents check in.

ry%3D400

wonderful pictures, really really nice :goodvibes
oh, and Buzz, we're going to see Buzz. There's nothing else to see in DLP but Buzz (according to my son) :lmao:
and those dresses.. I wonder if they have my size :lmao::lmao:

oh, have you looked at the prices? My son is desparate to buy Buzz outfit :headache:

Great start, looking forward to reading more

We were really lucky with the weather and crowds weren't we :banana:

wonderful pictures, really really nice :goodvibes
oh, and Buzz, we're going to see Buzz. There's nothing else to see in DLP but Buzz (according to my son) :lmao:
and those dresses.. I wonder if they have my size :lmao::lmao:

oh, have you looked at the prices? My son is desparate to buy Buzz outfit :headache:

Oh my goodness I saw so many "little Buzzes" running around - sorry didn't check the prices but I know they were plentiful. I remember one little Buzz at the entrance to the Videopolis - took his laser position and shot down the enemy!:rotfl:

Great first day.I'm enjoying reading all about it.Looking forward to Day 2 :thumbsup2

:)

Great start, looking forward to reading more

We were really lucky with the weather and crowds weren't we :banana:

The weather really made the trip - compared to November.:goodvibes I had brought tons of layers with me preparing for the worst but ended up only wearing a fleece and a light windproof anorak. I was just looking at pictures of the Disney Dream on the Cruise forum - photos are amazing - looks like you will be having a great time on your cruise!

Thanks for reading!

On to Day 2

I had gone back to the hotel for an early night thinking that I'd been awake for so long I was bound to sink into a very long and deep sleep - unfortunately that did not happen. :headache: I watched CNN for awhile, read, went to bed and tossed and turned and finally fell asleep at about 5:30am (perfect for Texas time).:rolleyes1 Well, good thing is I was by myself and took things at my own pace. By the time I pulled myself out of bed it was 11:30am. No hotel brekkie for me this morning.:sad2: Ok if you read my previous trip reports you know I love a good breakfast.

So this is what I had for breakfast on Day 2.:laughing:

ry%3D400

I also had two lovely cups of Earl Grey - and stayed in bed. I also took a few more photos of my room.

My room view - the Explorers Hotel next door -

ry%3D400

Loved this little feature-

ry%3D400

Detailing on the bed-

ry%3D400

Now this is an interesting note - my first/second day there was the L'Occitane Shower Cream by the sink and in the shower - but sometime during the second day they switched all the toiletries to the Lemon Verbena line - which by the way - I love:lovestruc! Get such a squeaking clean feel - still L'Occitane just a different line of products. I wonder if people were complaining about the shower cream as a shampoo. The second day there was a shower gel and daily use shampoo in the shower - Lemon verbena L'Occitane.:)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Oh my goodness I saw so many "little Buzzes" running around - sorry didn't check the prices but I know they were plentiful. I remember one little Buzz at the entrance to the Videopolis - took his laser position and shot down the enemy!:rotfl:

my son is going to be one of those.... :rotfl:

oh, I love L'occitane :love: lovely :goodvibes

btw is that ALL you had for breakfast??????????????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter