first day at parks - tickets/finger prints

wowzadisney

Earning My Ears
hey everyone.

we usually got to disneyland and they dont have fingerprint scanner. we just get our tickets in the app scanned.

i linked our tickets to MDE and did the magicpass tickets option where we can scan the tickets via RFID/Phone.

the first day is there something special we need to do for fingerprints ? or do we just go to the gate and scan our tickets and then fingerprint?

we will also be getting hard tickets for ease of use as well. i assume you can still go to the ticket counter and get the hard tickets even if you linked your tickets to the app/magic pass.

thanks for the help

You'll just go through the entry gate, scan your Magic Band/Phone/Ticket, and then scan your finger. It's the same whether it's your first day on the ticket or the last. If you decide to use hard tickets (which I expect you can still get), just be sure to mark them in some way to identify which ticket belongs to who - after the first finger scan on a ticket, that ticket then belongs to that specific person. If you get them mixed up, the finger scans will fail when entering later. The simplest approach is using Magic Bands, but I know not everyone wants to spend the extra money for the band for a trip. MBs also make G+/LL entrance simpler.

The biggest tip I can offer is to remember which finger you have scanned. You will need to use the same finger at each park so it's helpful to remember. :)

Also if have kids in your group, remember which adult you use as their finger. (We tried having my 5 year old use her own finger, that was not a success)

Also if have kids in your group, remember which adult you use as their finger. (We tried having my 5 year old use her own finger, that was not a success)
agreed that the kids' fingerprints can be problematic. but also take care that if your group won't always be entering parks at the same time, a kid's "finger" might be with an adult that's not present.

agreed that the kids' fingerprints can be problematic. but also take care that if your group won't always be entering parks at the same time, a kid's "finger" might be with an adult that's not present.
Brings up a very interesting image in my head🤣

The simplest approach is using Magic Bands, but I know not everyone wants to spend the extra money for the band for a trip. MBs also make G+/LL entrance simpler.
Can’t you just scan the G+/LL on your phone? That how we did it this summer in DLR. It was easy. Just wondering if you have to use magic bands. We are DLR veterans and have not even back to WDW in over a decade. Trying to learn the ropes for our next trip.

Just to clarify… we have a 28 year old autistic son who always struggled with the finger print thing, never worked and we always held up the line and he’d get super frustrated. Can I just ask the cast member on that first day to use my (or my husband’s) finger print instead? That would be awesome!

Just to clarify… we have a 28 year old autistic son who always struggled with the finger print thing, never worked and we always held up the line and he’d get super frustrated. Can I just ask the cast member on that first day to use my (or my husband’s) finger print instead? That would be awesome!

I don't know, I know they do it with kids because their fingers aren't big enough or they don't use enough pressure.

To be honest, those readers don't like my fingers either. Half the time they end up deleting my print every other day.

Can’t you just scan the G+/LL on your phone? That how we did it this summer in DLR. It was easy. Just wondering if you have to use magic bands. We are DLR veterans and have not even back to WDW in over a decade. Trying to learn the ropes for our next trip.
It doesn’t work quite the same. DLR has actual QR/barcode readers. WDW uses RFID, so you would have to use your phone’s wallet. Even then, I don’t know how that works with G+/LL. It works for tickets though.

It doesn’t work quite the same. DLR has actual QR/barcode readers. WDW uses RFID, so you would have to use your phone’s wallet. Even then, I don’t know how that works with G+/LL. It works for tickets though.
Oh, I see. Thanks so much for the clarification. So magic bands are the way to go then. We go every year to DLR but we have not been to WDW since the implementation of magic bands. This is going to be a huge learning experience for us.

Oh, I see. Thanks so much for the clarification. So magic bands are the way to go then. We go every year to DLR but we have not been to WDW since the implementation of magic bands. This is going to be a huge learning experience for us.
You could also get plastic Keys to the World cards. They work just like magic bands and are free.

If you don’t get a response here soon, ask on the disABILITIES forum. I’m sure someone there can help you.

thank you for asking this! I was about to ask the same thing as we are arriving for our first trip on Sunday. We have magic bands but I wasn't sure if there was a special process for the first finger scan. Of course yesterday I sliced the index finger on my dominant hand open..so I'm planning to use my thumb instead haha

You can have someone else scan for the disabled individual. The CM may request that he attempt first. Just be aware that if your finger scan gets attached to your son's ticket, you can't stay back at the resort and your son enter with just your husband; or vice versa. I think what I've seen reported as another option (or maybe with the companion finger scan) is having the disabled individual's picture taken and they attach that (in the system) to his ticket.

You can have someone else scan for the disabled individual. The CM may request that he attempt first. Just be aware that if your finger scan gets attached to your son's ticket, you can't stay back at the resort and your son enter with just your husband; or vice versa. I think what I've seen reported as another option (or maybe with the companion finger scan) is having the disabled individual's picture taken and they attach that (in the system) to his ticket.
Yes, having picture taken is an option for all. My brother is not comfortable with finger print scanning so his family uses the picture method. Slows the process a little but not tons if an iPad CM is right there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter