First Coast to Coast 🏅

disneylandlocal

Mouseketeer
I’m trying for my first coast to coast in 2024. I’m already registered for the Disneyland Half in January. Any thoughts on if I should do the princess half or wine and dine half? Which one is easier to get into? I’ve done several races at Disneyland but this will be my first at WDW. I like the theme better at Walt Disney world and they are more spaced out (forced training) but am concerned if I don’t get in there is no back up plan. Also that race hasn’t been announced yet for 2024 but assuming it’s every year? Thanks!

I’m trying for my first coast to coast in 2024. I’m already registered for the Disneyland Half in January. Any thoughts on if I should do the princess half or wine and dine half? Which one is easier to get into? I’ve done several races at Disneyland but this will be my first at WDW. I like the theme better at Walt Disney world and they are more spaced out (forced training) but am concerned if I don’t get in there is no back up plan. Also that race hasn’t been announced yet for 2024 but assuming it’s every year? Thanks!
Wine & Dine is every year, and I don’t see that changing. You could also do Springtime Surprise in April (18-21), if your schedule allows, for a little more space between the DL and WDW races.

Wine & Dine is every year, and I don’t see that changing. You could also do Springtime Surprise in April (18-21), if your schedule allows, for a little more space between the DL and WDW races.
Do you know which races are historically easier to get into?

I think Princess and W&D are fairly equal in popularity, should be a step below recent Marathon/DL registration but will likely still sell out quickly. Both have fairly similar weather too, often on the warm side but not usually blazing hot.

Princess has the benefit of running through Cinderella Castle if that is important to you. It's between Epcot festivals which is a bummer, though you would get to see a lot of the topiaries and flowers they put up in advance of Flower & Garden Festival. W&D has the perk of being during the Food & Wine festival. I think this past W&D the course only went through Epcot and HS, when previously it also used to go through AK, obviously no MK.

I’d look at the races themselves, where they go, when the races are held, themes, etc, and decide which one you’d rather do. Choosing the “easier” registration can go awry if they announce a theme that ends up being super popular. This year’s Wine and Dine will be an interesting test, people are nervous because Figment is on the challenge medal.

But yeah, Princess and Wine and Dine will likely be very different on a few levels. Different themes, different maps, different times of year to visit.

If I’m trying for coast to coast medals (signed up for Disneyland 1/2 in 2024) then wine and dine 2024 is the correct race to complete a coast to coast right? (Not the 2023 one that is already open for registration)

If I’m trying for coast to coast medals (signed up for Disneyland 1/2 in 2024) then wine and dine 2024 is the correct race to complete a coast to coast right? (Not the 2023 one that is already open for registration)

Correct. Coast to Coast is two races at least half marathon (or 10-Miler for SS) length in the same CALENDAR year, not rD season. Just to make it confusing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter