First All Universal/HHN Trip

GunnarH

Earning My Ears
My last time to Universal was for a day in January 2017 while in Orlando for the WDW Marathon. Had been before that a couple times for day excursions during Disney trips. My wife and I finally decided to go all in and do a universal only long weekend from Thursday-Sunday including a night at HHN on Thursday when we arrived, and stayed on property for the first time (Cabana Bay).

Main Points:
-Amazing how much Universal has changed in six years! So many new things, including a whole new park with volcano bay.
-It was great to not be rushed and get to really slow down and appreciate a lot of the little things around the parks, and do some of the “smaller” attractions we’d never have gotten to in just a day.
-HHN was probably the most fun I’ve ever had in a theme park. I’ve been wanting to go for years and wow did it meet every expectation and then some. It’s almost like a whole new theme park and for only getting one night I am so glad I bit the bullet and got express. We were able to do all ten houses (3 of them twice) and still had time to enjoy walking around scare zones, getting food, and a ride on Rip Ride Rock It. I could go on and on about HHN alone, but long and short I really loved it and hope to return again next year.
-I have to say there are a few of the newer rides since i was last there that just didn’t really do much for me. Fast and Furious/Fallon are things I probably wouldn’t need to do again, but Hagrids is amazing and Velocicoaster is something i liked way more than I thought. Spider-Man/JPRA is great as always, and for the first time got to do the toon lagoon water rides. Popeyes is so good, I love Kali river rapids in DAK and Popeyes is 10x better imo but you will get soaked!
-I would highly recommend to anyone, including the Disney die hards like me to make this leap. Dedicate some time to the universal Orlando resort and you won’t regret it. I’m ready to go back again for more!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Great trip report!

We also love HHN, spent 5 nights this year. We always do a non-private RIP tour and then just explore to our hearts content. Go on rides, see our favorite houses and just enjoy the atmosphere. We spent so much time in Diagon Alley this year, the Death Eaters were spectacular!

I love Kali river rapids in DAK and Popeyes is 10x better imo but you will get soaked!
As in if you fell into a swimming pool lol

did you do Dudley’s? Another great option there

nice to hear, as a disney person, you enjoyed the U parks for their own special charms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter