First 3 rides...

5lilfish

DIS Veteran
1) If you are willing to ride pretty much everything, but the truly kiddie rides aren't a priority, what are the 1st 3 rides that you head to in each park?

2) What do you choose to grab for your first fastpass in each park?

3) Which less popular (or low crowd) rides/shows are still don't miss for you?

I know this can vary widely from person to person...I guess that's what makes me most interested in what people say (vs just what the guidebooks recommend).

Jess

DL:
Space Mountain
Indiana Jones
Pirates

DCA:
Radiator Springs Racers
Soarin
Guardians of the Galaxy

We always do these three, if they are all open in the morning...

1. Indy
2. Pirates
3. Thunder

Next would be Haunted Mansion.

We usually FP Space first.

In DCA we do all three rides in Carsland first thing, we FP Guardians.

For someone wanting to ride most everything, I would probably do:
1. Peter Pan or Alice, whichever you like more because those always have a line and do not have FP
2. Pirates (again, no FP)
3. Matterhorn (there is a FP and SRL for this one)
FP: Space, then Indy

In DCA:
1. TSMM or Soarin' (whichever you want to do more)
2. Incredicoaster (there is also a SRL)
3. GotG
FP: RSR, then Soarin' or TSMM (whichever you didn't do first).

We will go for the non fast pass rides when we first arrive in Disneyland - as we can book fast passes for rides in line so we don't waste time rushing to a ride you can get a FP for.

I am curious though about the castle closure and how this will affect people getting to Peter Pan - which we would pick as our go to as normally we get to that one pretty fast. In DCA we would go for Radiator Springs because most of the rides have FP there - so we'd try that one first and then grab a fast pass for it for later in the day as well.

I'd never attempt to ride Indy first as it's so bad at going down.

1) If you are willing to ride pretty much everything, but the truly kiddie rides aren't a priority, what are the 1st 3 rides that you head to in each park?
DL-we usually hit fantasyland first, so Peter Pan, Alice, Dumbo
DCA-Guardians of the Galaxy, then it varies

DL-Indy or Space Mt
DCA-RSR

not sure if these are generally considered less popular, but...
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Animation Academy in DCA

DL:
We have three different plans we employ, depending on where we want to start:

Adventureland
Indy (usually the CM at the Adventureland rope is an Indy worker, so we always ask if it's running)
BTMRR
Pirates/HM
First FP: Space

Fantasyland
PP
Alice
Matterhorn
First FP: Indy

Tomorrowland
Space
Star Tours
Buzz
First FP: Indy

DCA:
GotG (grab RSR FP via MP as soon as we scan in)
RSR (use that FP, then get FP for IC or TSMM)
TSMM / IC
Soarin'

We always do these three, if they are all open in the morning...

1. Indy
2. Pirates
3. Thunder.

I love this observation....if they are open in the morning...always been my experience headed down to Splash that one or two of the above are not open

1. Peter Pan...I dislike, very much dislike the waiting area for Peter Pan...so it has to be accomplished first in the morning
2.Splash,... but just for the sure pleasure of riding in the same log for three times or more in a row. Good way to enrich the magic and by then the ROA attractions should be open
3. Thunder....I also love to repeat this attraction, so don't mind waiting in the trench to board again and with fastpass. With those three under the belt, the rest of the day is just grand.

Fast pass Thunder and NBC because of their repeat value. But also, I do not board Indy or Jungle Cruise.

Low level attractions would be back in Fantasyland, for sure Snow White three times and Crush. Crush is a refreshing seat and always spontaneous for an afternoon rest, I usually watching it three times in a row

DL:
Peter Pan
Pirates
Haunted Mansion

DCA:
RSR
Guardians
Incredicoaster

DL:
Space Mountain

DCA:
RSR

Jungle Cruise

The only show I love, besides the fireworks, is Fantasmic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter