• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks ?

Flipflopfly

Earning My Ears
So......we have been to Disney World many times in the past few years but we usually get to the parks early and are usually done by about 5 or 6. We are going to be there next week and will be doing a break in the middle of the day and then returning to the Magic Kingdom in the evening for fireworks.

2 questions. What time do they start/end? Where is your favorite spot to watch them?

Thanks!

Start times should be listed on the calendar. Check the website.

@Robo will be along with maps soon, I'm sure!

If you watch from fantasy land you can have really short lines after for 7d etc but you don't see the whole show...different perspective as you are really in the middle of it.

If you watch from fantasy land you can have really short lines after for 7d etc but you don't see the whole show...different perspective as you are really in the middle of it.

If this is your first time seeing the show - absolutely don't do this. Watch from in front of the castle. The projections, music, and focused atmosphere can be breath taking. It's worth setting time aside if you've never seen it. Projections and music are not visible or audible from Fantasyland.

If it's your 15th visit to the MK during Fireworks, then sure - take advantage of potentially (not so much anymore) shorter waits - but I wouldn't do it on your first time being in the parks at night for fireworks.

Just my 2c.

This will be our 4th trip and still have never seen the show in full from the front. Actually, maybe last year we did but it was so crowded we could hardly enjoy it. If you want to see the show watch from the hub, but if you are fine with just fireworks (as we are) we use this as low ride times. Every year I think we'll actually watch the show...never do! :)

QUOTE="Conno, post: 59965848, member: 540075"]If this is your first time seeing the show - absolutely don't do this. Watch from in front of the castle. The projections, music, and focused atmosphere can be breath taking. It's worth setting time aside if you've never seen it. Projections and music are not visible or audible from Fantasyland.

If it's your 15th visit to the MK during Fireworks, then sure - take advantage of potentially (not so much anymore) shorter waits - but I wouldn't do it on your first time being in the parks at night for fireworks.

Just my 2c.[/QUOTE]

For the ultimate experience, consider splurging for the Plaza Garden Dessert Party. No need to stake out a spot, enjoy the show without wall-to-wall people around you, and enjoy some drinks and snacks before the show. We do this at least once or twice every trip.

I agree with the pp about splurging for the plaza view dessert party. Otherwise, we were there two weeks ago and tried finding a spot up against a railing an hour before the fireworks with no luck. People find spots ridiculously earlier and others manage to squeeze their way in last minute. It gets a little uncomfortable at times.

It definitely needs to be seen from the front though with all of the projections going on

Times will be on the website, the MDE app, and the times guide, available in the park.

As for viewing, my favorite spot is the garden viewing area in front of Casey's, labelled Concierge and All Guests Viewing on Robo's Map.

@Robo, FYI, the Plaza Garden West is no longer being used as the "Concierge" viewing area. They quietly removed the nighttime viewing component (for all parks) from that program earlier this fall.

Noted.

By the time I re-make the map, yet again, they will have added or removed some other goo-gaw to the areas
and that will necessitate another change.

It's a good thing that digital images do not suffer loss in multiple "generations" copied from the original.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter