Fireworks Views from Resort Rooms

DisneyJColeMom

Mouseketeer
Besides Wilderness Lodge, which Disney Resorts have rooms that have views of any of the fireworks from the different parks? Which Resorts have views of Magic Kingdom Castle? And do you LIKE the resort?

All the MK monorail resorts have fireworks views and some rooms in WL. I can’t speak for The Contemporary as I haven’t stayed there. But I love the other 3. Poly, GF and CR have castle views.
I’ve had a room at BC that had a view of the higher EPcot fireworks. And Like BC/YC too.

The monorail resorts all have some rooms from which you can see the castle and foreworks. When we most recently stayed at Wilderness Lodge, we had a view of the fireworks and some of the castle. You can potentially see fireworks from some rooms at Boardwalk Inn and Yacht Club resort, but those aren't sold as firework view rooms. We've stayed at and like every deluxe resort at WDW.

Contemporary definitely has MK views and I suspect if you are facing the lake you will also be able to see fireworks from Epcot? I stayed in BLT with a lake view and we could see the Epcot fireworks from the balconies.

Contemporary definitely has MK views and I suspect if you are facing the lake you will also be able to see fireworks from Epcot? I stayed in BLT with a lake view and we could see the Epcot fireworks from the balconies.
Is that Bay Lake Tower? Did you like it? I read a few tripadvisor reviews that kinda turned me off, said it was a dull resort compared to others. Im currently obsessed with idea of having some kind of fireworks/castle view but as budget as possible (well as cheap as Disney will allow lol).

Anyone know any room types to look into? Like they may not say fireworks in the title, but you know they do have a view? Room numbers would be cool! Thanks guys

Is that Bay Lake Tower? Did you like it? I read a few tripadvisor reviews that kinda turned me off, said it was a dull resort compared to others. Im currently obsessed with idea of having some kind of fireworks/castle view but as budget as possible (well as cheap as Disney will allow lol).
Yes was Bay Lake Tower. I loved it and was planning to go back in Nov 2021. It is definitely not as “themed” as some of the hotels but it is meant to be a modern feel with subtle touches of Disney. There are hidden mickeys everywhere and it’s a very short/covered walk to the Contemporary for the shops and food. I appreciated how compact the resort was especially after doing so much walking in the parks. My kids were more than happy with the pool and the slide there. Every afternoon they had activities for the kids and games that the adults could also get into if they wanted. There is also an indoor community hall for kids.

Most importantly the walk to MK cannot be beat. It will take you 10 min and there is separate security on the walkway which makes getting through the tapstiles that much easier. We were able to walk out of MK in the afternoon and be back at the pool in our bathing suits in 30 min.

I stayed in a 2 bedroom in a lake view room which was huge with 3 full bathrooms and a kitchen. The view was the contemporary and the lake with Epcot’s fireworks at night (I was in an even numbered room but on the south side). In an even numbered room on the north side you have the potential for a partial MK view and the fireworks there. There is a thread dedicated to the views of BLT.
I have not stayed in a studio but most people say they are small. I would be willing to try a studio though because of how much I loved everything else.

Yes was Bay Lake Tower. I loved it and was planning to go back in Nov 2021. It is definitely not as “themed” as some of the hotels but it is meant to be a modern feel with subtle touches of Disney. There are hidden mickeys everywhere and it’s a very short/covered walk to the Contemporary for the shops and food. I appreciated how compact the resort was especially after doing so much walking in the parks. My kids were more than happy with the pool and the slide there. Every afternoon they had activities for the kids and games that the adults could also get into if they wanted. There is also an indoor community hall for kids.

Most importantly the walk to MK cannot be beat. It will take you 10 min and there is separate security on the walkway which makes getting through the tapstiles that much easier. We were able to walk out of MK in the afternoon and be back at the pool in our bathing suits in 30 min.

I stayed in a 2 bedroom in a lake view room which was huge with 3 full bathrooms and a kitchen. The view was the contemporary and the lake with Epcot’s fireworks at night (I was in an even numbered room but on the south side). In an even numbered room on the north side you have the potential for a partial MK view and the fireworks there. There is a thread dedicated to the views of BLT.
I have not stayed in a studio but most people say they are small. I would be willing to try a studio though because of how much I loved everything else.
Thanks for this!!

Gran Destino Tower at CSR you can see fireworks from your room if you have a water view and are high. We were on floor 11 and some them. Not sure which park.

Not sure if there are other fireworksviews at this location. Was just there in January.

Last edited:
...I stayed in a 2 bedroom in a lake view room which was huge with 3 full bathrooms and a kitchen. The view was the contemporary and the lake with Epcot’s fireworks at night (I was in an even numbered room but on the south side). In an even numbered room on the north side you have the potential for a partial MK view and the fireworks there. There is a thread dedicated to the views of BLT.
The BLT studio is tiny. It has a queen bed and double sized sleeper sofa. And very little room left over. There is no side table on the side of the bed, just a turn on the headboard that they use for the phone. The bathroom is fairly good sized as is the kitchenette (so that leave little living space).

Some of the rooms at the Swan have a firework view. Balcony rooms facing the Boardwalk ( the area above the flying fish and the Screen Door shop ) has a partial view.

We own at BLT, though we haven't stayed there the last few trips. We're a family of 6 so we get a 2 bedroom villa, which has a full kitchen, sleeps up to 9, and has 3 bathrooms. Theme park (and therefore fireworks) view rooms are great, but are pretty expensive. There is a channel on the TV that plays music in sync with the fireworks show, which I think is pretty neat. The resort (last time we stayed there anyway) is key carded to enter, meaning other resort's guests can't just walk in. There aren't any restaurants, but as stated above there is a covered skyway to the CR. It is one of the more quiet resorts we've stayed at. There's a Top of the World lounge that has great views, but I'm pretty sure you have to be a DVC member to gain access.

My favorites are theme park views from Bay Lake Tower and the Contemporary, I’ve stayed in both multiple times. There is a tv channel with the music and you are very close to the fireworks when on your balcony. I’ve done it for normal fireworks, the Halloween fireworks and NYE. I think these hotels are the only ones with the tv channel, but not 100% sure as I haven’t stayed in a theme park view room at the other monorail resorts

My favorites are theme park views from Bay Lake Tower and the Contemporary, I’ve stayed in both multiple times. There is a tv channel with the music and you are very close to the fireworks when on your balcony. I’ve done it for normal fireworks, the Halloween fireworks and NYE. I think these hotels are the only ones with the tv channel, but not 100% sure as I haven’t stayed in a theme park view room at the other monorail resorts

Correct, the TV channel is present but is basically blank at the others. Not sure about the GF since my first stay there will be next year, but at the Poly if you want music piped in for fireworks your options are watching from the beach, Club lounge or 'Ohana, I believe.

Correct, the TV channel is present but is basically blank at the others. Not sure about the GF since my first stay there will be next year, but at the Poly if you want music piped in for fireworks your options are watching from the beach, Club lounge or 'Ohana, I believe.
Ya that’s what I’ve read and why I’ve only chosen to stay in a them park view room at BLT and Contemporary

Im just learning about resort options, my heart was set on Wilderness Lodge but theres a certain set of dates im looking at changing to & WL is not available. Are the Beach & Yacht Clubs connected to eachother? Do they have any fireworks views? They share the same restaurants & pools? Hows the Skyliner?

Im just learning about resort options, my heart was set on Wilderness Lodge but theres a certain set of dates im looking at changing to & WL is not available. Are the Beach & Yacht Clubs connected to eachother? Do they have any fireworks views? They share the same restaurants & pools? Hows the Skyliner?

BC & YC are joined together and it’s entirely possible to walk from one to the other without ever going outside. They also share all amenities including the most elaborate resort pool complex on property. You can see some of the higher bursts from certain locations at BWI but there’s no direct equivalent at the Epcot resorts to the kind of fireworks views you get at the MK resorts. All of them are such a short walk to Epcot though that it kinda doesn’t matter imo.

I have yet to take the Skyliner. I’ve only had one trip since it debuted, and it was down nearly the whole weekend. From reports it’s usually much more reliable than that would imply.

We stayed at the Contemporary last year and there are two different room offerings in the main tower. The higher priced park view probably has best room views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks. We stayed on the lower priced Bay Lake view and enjoyed that nightly lighted boat show. Epcot was too far away to see those fireworks in any meaningful way. There is a balcony at the far end of the main tower that has a great view of the fireworks and is open to the public. Don't know what floor that is considered, but the same floor as Chef Mickey's at the far end past the gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter