Fireworks OR World of Color

Ccihon

Earning My Ears
Hi! Wanted to solicit some opinions from the experts...

We are going to DL in early Feb, first trip, with our 4 yr old daughter. Fireworks at Disneyland and the World of Color show at CA are both only offered on one day during our trip (we are there Sun-Tues, and these are only offered on Sunday). Times are such that awhile there are two WOC shows, I think we can only do one or the other.... Which should we choose?

Really torn... I think of the fireworks as more traditional, but WOC looks like it is a longer show, and pretty impressive...

Daughter loves Tinkerbell and Winnie the Pooh, if either is relevant.

Thanks!

If you could only do one, I would do WOC. We loved the show. We loved the fireworks too--but one thing to consider is that the fireworks have the potential to be canceled if the winds aren't right (and sometimes at the last minute). I am not sure how frequently this happens, but of 3 possible dates that we have been able to see them they were cancelled twice.

For us, there is an 8pm WoC and an 8:40pm fireworks. We plan to get to WoC around 7pm and watch that show. At 8:26pm, when it ends, we'll walk with the masses into Disneyland, to catch the rest of the 17 minute-long firework show.

Times are such that awhile there are two WOC shows, I think we can only do one or the other.... Which should we choose?

Really torn... I think of the fireworks as more traditional, but WOC looks like it is a longer show, and pretty impressive...

I would do fireworks without any hesitation. I love the fireworks!

Regarding WoC, unless you're tall (I am not) and/or willing to get to WoC very early, I don't really think the show is very interesting. I've gone twice (arriving about 45 minutes early), but both times, I could not see the water surface, so I only see half of the show. While pretty, it really didn't hold my interest.

I would do fireworks without any hesitation. I love the fireworks!

Regarding WoC, unless you're tall (I am not) and/or willing to get to WoC very early, I don't really think the show is very interesting. I've gone twice (arriving about 45 minutes early), but both times, I could not see the water surface, so I only see half of the show. While pretty, it really didn't hold my interest.

I agree. Although the show was alright and I'm glad I saw it once, I wouldn't bother again. We arrived really early (got the dinner picnic assigned area) but still had a hard time seeing a lot of it. My kids were bored by the end, especially since they really couldn't see much, and the crowds are horrendous. I think it's worth seeing once, just so you know what it's all about but this time around, we're going to see Fantasmic and the Fireworks instead (we missed both last time).

I would see the fireworks. My girls were bored with the world of color. It was entertaining for like the first two minutes and then got boring. My nine year old actually fell asleep during the show.

WOC.

Honestly, you can see fireworks anywhere. The Disney fireworks are great, but you can't see anything like WOC any place else.

I love fireworks and disney does them like nowhere else. WOC just wasn't my cup of tea but some people are blown away by it. It's really hard to tell someone else what they might prefer.

Fireworks. WOC was ok, but not worth the hassle. We couldn't see much even from the preferred dinner seating area.

SweetAlex said:
I agree. Although the show was alright and I'm glad I saw it once, I wouldn't bother again. We arrived really early (got the dinner picnic assigned area) but still had a hard time seeing a lot of it. My kids were bored by the end, especially since they really couldn't see much, and the crowds are horrendous. I think it's worth seeing once, just so you know what it's all about but this time around, we're going to see Fantasmic and the Fireworks instead (we missed both last time).

Oohhh fantastic and fireworks were 100 times better, we thought. WOC was ok. But very crowded

You should have time to see both show. If you choose to see just one, I'd pick the firework show. Remember... Dreams Come True is the best firework to ever come from Disney. It is one amazing show and, although I love World of Color, I'd see Remember before anything else at the resort.

Your daughter loves Winnie the Pooh and Tinkerbell; Remember should be a treat for her. Tink comes out twice during the show. She goes up and down, backwards and forwards. Tigger's voice pops up during the show. Whichever show you decide to see, you will have a great time!

For the simple reason that the fireworks have the annoying habit of getting can canceled due to winds, and you only have one night, I would choose WOC.

Both shows are excellent. :thumbsup2

:wizard:

DD saw world of color the first time at four and was frightened at the few intense moments in WOC. At six she liked it better. I can spend hours looking at the Bellagio fountains in Las Vegas so I really love WOC. If you think you can swing both go for it but if it is only going to be one or the other I might choose the fireworks for DD.

I know I'm in the minority but there's something special about the RDCT fireworks show. I LOVE IT!!! however make sure you know the weather. Sometimes it feels like no wind at all but it's bad enough to cancel the show

I'm a big fan of Disneyland itself, and the Remember...Dreams Come True show has a lot of references to Disneyland. Tinkerbell should fly (if it's not too windy)--she's much cooler there than in World of Color.

If it were ME, and if you think you can stay until 10, I think I would try for fireworks at DL, then go into DCA for the second World of Color. The viewing area may still have spots open if you have a FP (the second show on a Sunday MAY not fill up). There's viewing near the Little Mermaid ride that MIGHT be open when you arrive (though I would not count on it). Or, you can easily walk around to the other side of Paradise Bay and get a glimpse of the show from the wrong side. You miss the projections and the kid might get bored, but I think it's beautiful back there. It's totally worth seeing the first few minutes of the show, which I think are just gorgeous from anywhere, even if you can't see the projections. I personally can kind of take or leave the rest of the show...for me it's all about the fountains. :flower3:

If it's windy at all, or if you aren't a super-fan of Disneyland and/or Walt Disney, then you might want to just do World of Color. The problem is that fireworks can be cancelled due to wind, but it can be difficult to get a good viewing spot for World of Color. So either way, there's absolutely no guarantee of being able to really see the show of your choice. (An extremely early arrival to World of Color makes it more likely.)

Thanks, guys! Really appreciate all the thoughts. Leaning towards the fireworks, and another trip sometime soon!

I have been to Disneyland many times and seen them both and I would do WOC if you can only do one. I agree with the previous poster where else can you see something like WOC. Fireworks at Disneyland are cool as well. Good luck with your decision and have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter