Fireworks fanatic

ChrisL186

Chris
After years of travelling to WDW in Florida, my wife and I have decided to visit the original Disneyland Park in October. We are really excited to walk in the footsteps of Walt, and I’ll be actually celebrating my 50th Birthday while we are there. But after searching and searching, I still can’t find any firework show scheduled while we are there. I’m so disappointed, as to me the firework show is the perfect ending to a fun packed day. Am I missing something? Is the only chance of seeing fireworks to go to the Halloween party? We have 3 days in Anaheim, we arrive on the 30th September, and we will be tired and jet lagged, so we planned to visit Disneyland on the 1st October, and California Adventure on the 2nd. I’ve already discovered World of Color is also down when we visit. Have Disney just not scheduled the fireworks for those dates? Or is that just wishful thinking, and they don’t run any on those dates. Is Fantasmic even gonna be running? I just can’t seem to find the answers I’m looking for, so I’m calling out to anyone who reads this to help please. Is my plan okay, 1st Oct for Disneyland and 2nd October for Californian Adventure, and just come to terms with the lack of fireworks. Or do I buy 2 day tickets and get the Halloween tickets to, do they run Fantasmic during the Halloween party? I’m going round in circles here? Please help and put me out of my misery, thank you

Unfortunately, at that time of year, fireworks and Fantasmic! traditionally only run on the weekends (Friday-Sunday nights).

They don't run Fantasmic! during the Halloween party, and while fireworks are scheduled for the party, they got cancelled a lot last year (and also were cancelled the year before on the night I attended), so I wouldn't buy party tickets purely for the sake of fireworks, lest you be disappointed if they're cancelled!.

If Paint the Night is running at DCA, I'd definitely recommend catching that. (I can't get the website to load right now to see if it's scheduled.) I'm sorry about the lack of nighttime entertainment on your chosen dates, but I hope you'll have a wonderful trip regardless!

After years of travelling to WDW in Florida, my wife and I have decided to visit the original Disneyland Park in October. We are really excited to walk in the footsteps of Walt, and I’ll be actually celebrating my 50th Birthday while we are there. But after searching and searching, I still can’t find any firework show scheduled while we are there. ... We have 3 days in Anaheim, we arrive on the 30th September, and we will be tired and jet lagged, so we planned to visit Disneyland on the 1st October, and California Adventure on the 2nd.

Chris, like you, I love fireworks. In fact, I used to buy them wholesale for the 4th :-). Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's unlikely that they'll do them during the week in early October. Not to pummel you with bad news, but Mondays at DL have been pretty bad lately. Maybe that will change by early October -- who knows? I'd suggest that you switch your days around but Tuesday is an EMH morning at DL, which means three-day/Disney hotel guests will be allowed in an hour before everyone else. Sorry. Hope you have a great trip anyway.

If it helps, I'd be glad to send you some maps from the park this weekend. Feel free to message me directly (don't post on my wall) and I'll be happy to drop some in the mail for you. Let me know :-).

Rob

P.S. I know some people that work at the park and I'll ask if they know anything about fireworks in early October.

Chris, like you, I love fireworks. In fact, I used to buy them wholesale for the 4th :-). Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's unlikely that they'll do them during the week in early October. Not to pummel you with bad news, but Mondays at DL have been pretty bad lately. Maybe that will change by early October -- who knows? I'd suggest that you switch your days around but Tuesday is an EMH morning at DL, which means three-day/Disney hotel guests will be allowed in an hour before everyone else. Sorry. Hope you have a great trip anyway.

If it helps, I'd be glad to send you some maps from the park this weekend. Feel free to message me directly (don't post on my wall) and I'll be happy to drop some in the mail for you. Let me know :-).

Rob

P.S. I know some people that work at the park and I'll ask if they know anything about fireworks in early October.
That would be awesome to hear what you come up with. I automatically assume no fireworks during our Halloween week trip, but with large anticipated crowds, maybe they will do them weekdays on non party days.

Unfortunately, at that time of year, fireworks and Fantasmic! traditionally only run on the weekends (Friday-Sunday nights).

They don't run Fantasmic! during the Halloween party, and while fireworks are scheduled for the party, they got cancelled a lot last year (and also were cancelled the year before on the night I attended), so I wouldn't buy party tickets purely for the sake of fireworks, lest you be disappointed if they're cancelled!.

If Paint the Night is running at DCA, I'd definitely recommend catching that. (I can't get the website to load right now to see if it's scheduled.) I'm sorry about the lack of nighttime entertainment on your chosen dates, but I hope you'll have a wonderful trip regardless!

Thanks for your reply, it’s so disappointing to hear the lack of nighttime entertainment. Could I ask if it was the weather why they cancelled the Halloween fireworks last year? We are hoping it’s still going to be t shirt and shorts weather, but that’s coz we are so used to going to Florida

Rob

Thanks for the map offer, but I’ve already printed some offline. Can I ask why Monday’s have been pretty bad recently? Is that just the lack of entertainment or the crowds? Thanks again for your help

Thanks for your reply, it’s so disappointing to hear the lack of nighttime entertainment. Could I ask if it was the weather why they cancelled the Halloween fireworks last year? We are hoping it’s still going to be t shirt and shorts weather, but that’s coz we are so used to going to Florida

Wind cancels the fireworks most often

Thanks for the map offer, but I’ve already printed some offline. Can I ask why Monday’s have been pretty bad recently? Is that just the lack of entertainment or the crowds? Thanks again for your help

Crowds have been nuts on Mondays this year

No worries. For some reason, Mondays have had horrible crowds recently. I suspect that may result from out-of-towners coming for three-day weekends, expecting Mondays to be quiet. I had some friends in town recently and we went on a Sunday and Monday. I'll never go on a Monday again. Just too crazy.

After years of travelling to WDW in Florida, my wife and I have decided to visit the original Disneyland Park in October. We are really excited to walk in the footsteps of Walt, and I’ll be actually celebrating my 50th Birthday while we are there. But after searching and searching, I still can’t find any firework show scheduled while we are there. I’m so disappointed, as to me the firework show is the perfect ending to a fun packed day. Am I missing something? Is the only chance of seeing fireworks to go to the Halloween party? We have 3 days in Anaheim, we arrive on the 30th September, and we will be tired and jet lagged, so we planned to visit Disneyland on the 1st October, and California Adventure on the 2nd. I’ve already discovered World of Color is also down when we visit. Have Disney just not scheduled the fireworks for those dates? Or is that just wishful thinking, and they don’t run any on those dates. Is Fantasmic even gonna be running? I just can’t seem to find the answers I’m looking for, so I’m calling out to anyone who reads this to help please. Is my plan okay, 1st Oct for Disneyland and 2nd October for Californian Adventure, and just come to terms with the lack of fireworks. Or do I buy 2 day tickets and get the Halloween tickets to, do they run Fantasmic during the Halloween party? I’m going round in circles here? Please help and put me out of my misery, thank you
If you decide to go with 2, 1-day tickets and tickets to a MHP, the 1-day should be a hopper ticket. That way you'll get the most out of your time in the parks those two days.
I personally would go with 2, 2-day hopper's and a MHP ticket. If a MHP isn't in the budget then skip it.

Chris, fairly certain Fantasmic will be running on Monday 10/1. They are offering Fantasmic dining packages for that night as well as the 8th when we are in. Doesn't show on the calendar, but I wouldn't think they would be selling the pkgs if it wasn't going to run.

Last year for our MHP night, it was the wind that canceled the fireworks. I was watching the flag up on one of the large cranes over SWGE all night and that thing was whipping around like crazy so I had a feeling it was going to happen before the officially canceled them. With high winds that high up, the fallout zone starts to become the residential areas next to Disneyland so they can't take any chances. I'm hoping the winds won't be that bad this year - Halloween Screams is my 2nd favorite fireworks display (behind RDCT - love Julie Andrews!).

I'm feeling your pain. Being a WDW vet (7 trips 2002-2012), switching to DL the last 6 years has been difficult. WDW spoils you on fireworks and huge shows at the end of the day. They happen every day of the year at all 4 parks, and only a hurricane will cancel them. I'm with you - it's the perfect end to the day. In fact, if I don't see a closing pyro-lights-show, it's like the day ended on a dud.

At DL, they only run nightly in the summer and during the Christmas season. And even then, wind blowing the wrong way will cancel the entire show. It's tough to make the switch from coast to coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter