Fireworks Crowds Question

Ldat7

Earning My Ears
I know Together Forever only just previewed last night, so there is no 100% accurate answer to my question now, but about when do the walkways become almost impassable for the fireworks? I know this sounds nuts, but DH *HATES* fireworks (long story). Our first day is Thursday April 19th, and there will not be a showing of Fantastmic. My plan of action is to stay on the left side of the park pretty much until fireworks are over and the crowds have subsided. Together Forever starts at 9:30pm, so I was thinking of being in the Adventureland/NOS/Critter Country area by about 8pm. Would that be sufficient, or should we get there earlier to avoid the crowds (and possibly the crowd control re-routing if they do that)? I know sometimes it's complete hell to try to get to a side of the park when there are huge crowds.

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but we had a little one who was seriously afraid of fireworks for a time, so avoiding the show was a real issue -- BTDT. Just a question: would it be possible to be in DCA from 8pm until park closing, then return to DL? When we used to do that, it worked out fine. You'll still hear the fireworks in DCA (and you can see them from certain parts of the park -- so there will be small crowd clusters of guests watching here and there), but at least you won't have the huge crowds like you will encounter at DL.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! It was my initial plan to be at DCA (which we have done in the past during DL fireworks), but DCA closes at 9pm that night. If we left right after it closes we'd be right in the midst of the fireworks folks. We are really big Splash fans, and in previous trips we've been able to marathon the ride during nighttime entertainment, so I was thinking that was a good possibility. That or just re-riding some of the other rides on the left side, or relaxing with some treats from the Mint Julep Bar. We just didn't want to have to go through the troves of people. One year I made a *big* mistake of having a fastpass for Indy and leaving DCA to try to make it (during about 30 minutes before the fireworks), we tried to get through the people and ended up turning around and going to DtD (missing our FP window for Indy). It was really stressful so I'm trying not to replicate that experience! Maybe we will just plan on being there about 7 or 7:30 and just taking it slow on the left side until the craziness is over.

If he hates fireworks, make sure he is not in any of the bathrooms when they start, at least not if it is the sound he hates, it can echo quite loudly in there.

In December the walkway by BTMRR was open so I’m guessing it still is and after you spend some time in NOS area (there’s not a whole lot to do there, but enough to keep you busy during that time) you could use that if the hub isn’t fully cleared yet. People usually do a mass exodus after the fw so it takes about 30-45 mins to be fairly decently walkable after that usually (give or take on the day and where you are going/what direction you are going in). Depending on the day (ap blocks etc) it can get pretty crowded pretty early on especially with a new show but you should be fine with your plan I think. Hth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter