Fireworks Advice

ssgtravel

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge at the end of March. We have a 4 year old who wants to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks at 9 PM, which is quite late for her (the park is open until 10 PM). I wondered what the best strategy would be to easily see the fireworks allowing us to return back to the hotel as quickly as possible afterwards. For example would you recommend we take the boat to the Contemporary and watch from there then take the boat back, or will it really be best to go into the park, then have to deal with the crowds leaving the park at the end?

Contemporary 4th Floor observation deck.
Boat from/to WL.

(You can see the MK fireworks from WL...
However, the view from the Contemporary is far better.)

Can see them slightly from a point at Wilderness Lodge, you can you tube that but it’s not prime viewing. As far as the 4th floor at Cont., sure but you’re still gonna have to shlep to one of the boat stops or get an Uber. Can watch from entrance to MK on Train Station and be first out as well. Either way, unless COVID 19 scares people away end of March fireworks will be a mob scene getting out of MK. May want to just take a leisurely stroll after fireworks to the Cont garden room ferry stop if crowd avoidance is most important.

There is nothing quite as cool as standing in front of the castle and seeing the fireworks. The show they project onto the castle while the fireworks go off is just so awesome! Id get a spot somewhere on Main Street near the ice cream shop and the Crystal Palace restaurant. Then as soon as the show ends, walk through the stores on Main Street to get to the park exit asap. All the shops on each side of Main Street in MK are connected so you can get through pretty quickly if you dont stop to shop...lol...Take the boat back to WL or maybe even catch an Uber....

Much of the magic of the fireworks show is the projections on the castle. I know where you're coming from because I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and we have visited Disney multiple times throughout their lives. I've found that when I tried to get them back to the room for a regular bedtime, they are so wired they can't sleep. It actually works better for us to stay out past their bedtimes a bit because then they crash right away when we do get back to the hotel. They both have always done fine making it through the fireworks shows. Every kid is different but your child might surprise you in making it through the 9:00 show just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter