Firefly and Serenity

nikithepill

Earning My Ears
Now that Firefly is on Disney+ do you think we will see anything related to it in the parks?

I'd love to see something but I don't think so. If they still had the AFI location at Hollywood studios then we might possibly see a model of Serenity or Mal's jacket but, as you already know, that location is long gone. I can't see the property being a big enough draw to warrant display. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

I think this is more to have some extra content on D+ than anything else. Wasn’t it part of the 20th Century Fox purchase? Might as well put it to use.

I think this is more to have some extra content on D+ than anything else. Wasn’t it part of the 20th Century Fox purchase? Might as well put it to use.

I agree, this would be similar to the addition of Fox's 'The Orville' to D+ from Hulu. It's an easy way to add some content.

Did they add Firefly to D+ for the US yet? ... I thought it was on Hulu for the US, and D+ for the other parts of the world.

My son is watching it with his dad, and he's enjoying it. it's one of my husband's favorite TV shows. I didn't know it was on Disney +. We pulled out the DVDs to watch. There are super dedicated fans for sure, but unless they FINALLY would make another movie or limited series, doubt we'll see anything in parks. Wish we'd get another movie tho.....

While I would LOVE to see a dedicated Firefly / Serenity section in the park, I don't think that's likely to happen. Oh, not for any of the reasons given above. Disney's concern would be kids getting there and declaring.....
R.443f5db6498ef48a847a69d0ca279015

This reminded me I should just buy it. $13 for the entire season on iTunes. Shiny!
That's what I did... but with Vudu. Waited till they had it discounted and bought the Series and the theatrical movie.

I think if they had left the "idea" of the Disney Studio in place.... there is a lot of stuff that could be placed in the parks with all the Fox IP. But we are talking about a twenty year old property that only had fourteen episodes and one movie, and it wasn't really a kid friendly series (TV-13+). Lot of shooting and killing going on, and a licensed Companion onboard... so a Star Attraction it would never be. But I could see it used like the scenes in The Great Movie Ride... small part of a bigger attraction.

Heck something needs to flyby the Space Station while your eating dinner at Space.

Another point against the Theme Parks.... it's a little tricky as to who owns what rights. Fox made Firefly, but Universal made Serenity. I think Disney has enough of an issue sharing Marvel characters with them.

So I wouldn't even expect shopDisney to offer up a Firefly class ship.... Serenity.

Isn’t Disney planning a reboot of Firefly? The series is one of my absolute favorites. Not sure what Disney would do with it - I loved Andor and the Mandalorian, so I’m cautiously optimistic.

Isn’t Disney planning a reboot of Firefly? The series is one of my absolute favorites. Not sure what Disney would do with it - I loved Andor and the Mandalorian, so I’m cautiously optimistic.

From what I understand, Disney currently has the rights for both Firefly and Buffy. At one point they were looking at reboots of both franchises but there's been no additional info for a good long while . There was some speculation that Disney distanced itself from any Whedon related stuff after the allegations a few years back. ... but that's just speculation

From what I understand, Disney currently has the rights for both Firefly and Buffy. At one point they were looking at reboots of both franchises but there's been no additional info for a good long while . There was some speculation that Disney distanced itself from any Whedon related stuff after the allegations a few years back. ... but that's just speculation
I heard this too, but have not seen anything since

Wow, I didn't realize Firefly was now on D+!

I was one of about a dozen people who watched the series when it originally aired, I would LOVE a reboot of the series, it was cancelled way before its time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter