Fingerprint scanning

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
When we went in November DHS was not using it at opening.. maybe it slows the line? MK was and my finger would not scan. It was annoying... and time consuming because my family was staring at me waiting.
Do they use the scanning every day? I have since found I need to have my Id out and just skip the scanning.
( we are AP holders btw dont know if that matters)

When we went in November DHS was not using it at opening.. maybe it slows the line? MK was and my finger would not scan. It was annoying... and time consuming because my family was staring at me waiting.
Do they use the scanning every day? I have since found I need to have my Id out and just skip the scanning.
( we are AP holders btw dont know if that matters)
NEXT TIME you are entering, have your photo ID ready for use...
AND, nicely ask the entry CM that your finger be "re-scanned" (into the system)
so that the NEW FINGER SCAN will likely
THEN WORK with your AP on subsequent entries.

(Do this even if it has been "re-scanned" in the past.)

I always slow down the line, because I have "zombie fingers". It only reads maybe half the time. It's that way at Universal, too. Even on my phone, sometimes.
I'm glad I'm not alone. I really hate looking at my kids look disappointed because I have to call someone over.

I have trouble with it too. We've haven't had it done in awhile. They were not using it the last time we were there.....I end up having to have them reenter it 4-5 times, at least over our visit. We'll see in January

It is not a fp scan.
It is a biometric measurement of points on your finger.
Yes, you are technically correct. But it's still a scan that requires your finger, and when it doesn't work right, if can be frustrating! It was kind of nice during one of our visits earlier this year when they seemed to be skipping it as one less contact point to enter.

We were there monday/ Tuesday and first morning MK didn’t scan in am but did in afternoon. My son had issues and she said oh they didn’t do them in the am.
I had issues next day and they snapped my pic and got it to work. No issues with fast passes with either of us- Which I was worried about.

Disney is supposed to be the best, but Six Flags does this better. You scan your pass and your photo pops up for the CM. You don't need your ID because they already verified your ID when you got your pass. My husband always has trouble with finger scans and touch screens.

I have never had issues at Disney since we started going in 2012. However, our Thanksgiving trip, I had problems twice. It took forever for someone to come over take my picture and rescan it :sad2: They didn't seem willing to just take my ID, even with my AP card. I am thankful they didn't ask if I was sure it was the correct finger, because I always use my right index/pointer finger for it. I think it was due to the cold and my fingers being very dry. So mid-trip, I started putting lotion on my finger before going in and making sure that my finger was warm. I didn't have anymore problems after that.

I always slow down the line, because I have "zombie fingers". It only reads maybe half the time. It's that way at Universal, too. Even on my phone, sometimes.
I always have trouble at Universal too. I just show my ID there now.

I always have trouble with finger scans, not just at the parks but anywhere finger scanning is used. We use finger scanning to access our medications at the hospital and finger scanning never works for me there either. 🙄

I am so glad I'm not alone!!

It's the worst all of your family is through the gate staring at you. I'm hopeful that if I'm there at rope drop when its busy no finger scans.

Disney is supposed to be the best, but Six Flags does this better. You scan your pass and your photo pops up for the CM. You don't need your ID because they already verified your ID when you got your pass. My husband always has trouble with finger scans and touch screens.

Disneyland uses pictures, they come up when they scan your pass to enter.
Never a problem there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter