Finally own! Now what?

ClosetDisMom

Mouseketeer
We submitted our offer in late July. After ROFR, hurricanes, some missing paperwork from the sellers, and a federal holiday, we finally closed! The agent let us know what the boards here already told me - that Disney might take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to send us our owner documents, member ID, and other things. So, my question is, how long does that paperwork (specifically the ID number and access to the DVC website) actually take?
Thanks!

Congrats on getting through the hard part! The rest of this is fun now.

I would call member services, and then hit 2 for member admin, 10 days or so after your deed is recorded on the OCC website. If you get lucky enough to get a helpful member admin, they will pass on your member ID # and login information to you. People have reported this being hit and miss depending on the person you get.
Otherwise, it really does take about 3 weeks to get your login information. It seems that Disney wants it to be as painful as they can for you.

I just closed a couple weeks ago. When I called Member Administration with option #2 I was rerouted to member services (overflow of calls maybe?) who told me that they couldn't give that info out and acted like it wasn't allowed. When I figured out that it was MS I ask to be transferred to MA and when I did they got the information for me, no problem. So, when you call I recommend asking if you reached MS or MA.

The first time I had to call and there was an issue, something title had done incorrectly that took a bit to fix. The second time, a few months ago, they were in my account before I even thought to check!

Congratulations! I also had good luck calling 10 days after the deed was recorded. (stalk the OCC website). Then it was off to log in and look at availabilities and plan a trip using my points!

Deed was recorded on OCC website today! Woo Hoo! 10 days and counting until I call. ;)
Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Deed was recorded on OCC website today! Woo Hoo! 10 days and counting until I call. ;)
Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I closed 8 days ago on Oct 3rd, and I called this morning and got everything I needed from member services! I know everyone says you need member administration, but the guy in member services was super helpful and gave me my member number and activation code over the phone with no problem at all. I've already booked a trip!

It is worth giving it a shot after 8 days if you are feeling antsy. I closed on resale in late August and called 10 days later and they did let me know that it had been ready for 2 days, so 8 days after it was recorded.
I did wait on the phone for like 25 minutes before speaking to Member Admin, so it is up to you if you want to risk a potentially long wait on the phone in order to get your access a couple of days earlier.

Seems like DVC is processing ROFR, Estoppel, and loading membership accounts a lot quicker this year, last year they dragged their feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter