Finally!!! I've figured out how to french braid!! Yay me!

AmazingGrace

Relax! It's a message board!
I've been trying to figure this out since Grace was a baby. I kept looking at videos and watching other people and it just wouldn't click. then suddenly last night, I tried it and figured it out just like that.
Isn't it just amazing how things happen like that?

frenchbraid.jpg

smileyface.jpg

Gorgeous!! Is that your DD? She's adorable!!! :goodvibes

Now teach me!! :) Please?? :flower:

A french braid starts out just like a 3 strand braid. Braid the first 3 sections once and then start picking up hair and add to each section when it is its turn to be overlapped. You'll constantly pick up hair hir and add to the braid all the way down the head taking turns from the left to right side.

Once you get down what you are doing, practice, practice, practice to get it neat--esp and the bottom where under the occipital bone your head shape goes in and you need to tighten that up as you braid downward.

Once you get the technique down, you can braid one braid, start at the top of the head and braid all the way down, or just down the back of the head. Part the hair in the middle or side and do 2 braids. Part the hair off from front of ear to front of ear over the top of the head and braid across the head--great to keep bangs out of eyes that are growing out! It looks like a braided headband. Cute on little girls!
Have her turn her head over and start the braid at the base of her neck and braid upwards into a pony tail!

It really is fun to do and be creative. Very simple to do and once you know how, you can try all sorts of braids. Get it down pat and then reverse the technique and you have the braid of the top of the hair!

Or you could also fishbone braid the hair. Very easy. Put the hair into a ponytail. Divide the ponytail into 2 sections. Then take a little hair from the out side of one hair and add into your other section. Then do the same on that section--take from it and add to the other section. Keep going back and forth and you'll end out with a fishbone braid. :)
It can also be done on the head itself but that is a bit harder to do and to explain, for sure.:)

That's great! I never figured it out....my girls are 16 & 20 now, so I am a lost cause.
:lmao:

Her hair is beautiful.....but that SMILE!!! She is precious!:lovestruc

Good for you! :thumbsup2 I actually have an easier time doing it to myself than to someone else - maybe because I braid my own hair more often than anyone else's.

I'm also one of those that have tried and tried to french braid and it never works out for me. I know HOW to do it, but it's always a mess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter