• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finally in a position where we can buy! What is PVB availability at 7 months?

I didn’t realize how inexpensive resale at CCV is. We can get like 250 points there for less than the cost of 200 at Poly resale. Thank you for your input!

CCV is another family favorite. As I mentioned earlier getting studios can be extremely difficult, even at 11 months (especially the 1st 2 weeks of December 😱).
If you decide on CCV and it’s within your financial means, consider buying enough points that booking 1br villas are an option at CCV.
remember: do your research and buy where you don’t mind staying if you can not move at 7mos.
Let us know what you decide!

I like the suggestion to purchase either BLT or CCV for the varied room choices. We have never had an issue booking PVB in the 7 month window and this year is an anomaly due to the excess points from covid. BLT studios are on the smaller side but their 1 and 2 bedrooms have the extra bathrooms so the 1 bed has 2 bathrooms a d the 2 bed has 3 bathrooms which is a major benefit. BLT and AKV are the only resorts that offer the extra bathroom. CCV is a beautiful resort and need to own there for Christmas season booking. CCV has the benefit of the low point chart, late expire date and variety of rooms.

I like the suggestion to purchase either BLT or CCV for the varied room choices. We have never had an issue booking PVB in the 7 month window and this year is an anomaly due to the excess points from covid. BLT studios are on the smaller side but their 1 and 2 bedrooms have the extra bathrooms so the 1 bed has 2 bathrooms a d the 2 bed has 3 bathrooms which is a major benefit. BLT and AKV are the only resorts that offer the extra bathroom.
We love those extra bathrooms!

I didn’t realize how inexpensive resale at CCV is. We can get like 250 points there for less than the cost of 200 at Poly resale. Thank you for your input!
Be warned that CCV Studios are smaller than PVB Studios.

Also, CCV has a fairly severe point imbalance, making Studios there challenging to book?

What do I mean by point imbalance?

CCV has:
42 dedicated Studios
20 dedicated 1BR
56 dedicated 2BR
36 lockoffs
4 Grand Villas
26 Cabins

The Grand Villas and Cabins are extremely expensive (often more than 100 points per night). This means that there are a lot of CCV owners competing for those Studios.

We have never had a issue getting Polly at 7mo.
We gotten 3 times in the last year. Week each time. (even with all the extra points in the system right now)
We own GF and getting a studio there is very tough. Also haven’t been able to even score 2 nights together at CCV at all! A place we have a dying to try.
We’d be happy sleeping in either CCV or poly so
After comparing resale prices we made an off on CCV contract. We felt it a much better buy right now and since we have never had issue getting poly studio we are not to worried.

I will say as your children get order like mine are getting. 1 Bedrooms are nice to get if you can

We have never had a issue getting Polly at 7mo.
We gotten 3 times in the last year. Week each time. (even with all the extra points in the system right now)
We own GF and getting a studio there is very tough. Also haven’t been able to even score 2 nights together at CCV at all! A place we have a dying to try.
We’d be happy sleeping in either CCV or poly so
After comparing resale prices we made an off on CCV contract. We felt it a much better buy right now and since we have never had issue getting poly studio we are not to worried.

I will say as your children get order like mine are getting. 1 Bedrooms are nice to get if you can
That’s what we are realizing the More research we do. Studios are okay now but as they get older we will at least want the points to book at 1 BR

Be warned that CCV Studios are smaller than PVB Studios.

Also, CCV has a fairly severe point imbalance, making Studios there challenging to book?

What do I mean by point imbalance?

CCV has:
42 dedicated Studios
20 dedicated 1BR
56 dedicated 2BR
36 lockoffs
4 Grand Villas
26 Cabins

The Grand Villas and Cabins are extremely expensive (often more than 100 points per night). This means that there are a lot of CCV owners competing for those Studios.
I know this is always brought up but honestly in the 11 month window booking has never been a problem at CCV except for during the Christmas season.

CCV is another family favorite. As I mentioned earlier getting studios can be extremely difficult, even at 11 months (especially the 1st 2 weeks of December 😱).
If you decide on CCV and it’s within your financial means, consider buying enough points that booking 1br villas are an option at CCV.
remember: do your research and buy where you don’t mind staying if you can not move at 7mos.
Let us know what you decide!
Or buy the 150 direct and add on resale

That’s what we are realizing the More research we do. Studios are okay now but as they get older we will at least want the points to book at 1 BR
Alot of people post how once you stay in a 1 bed or larger its really hard to go back to studios, and it was very true for us.
We really love poly, but after discovering we prefer one beds, our poly points have just been used as sleep around points. My only criticism of poly is the lack of other room choices.
I’m a big fan of the resorts where the resort amenities are in the same building as the room, I like being able to run down to the quick serve for coffee or soda without going outside. I think the only 3 resorts to fall into this bucket are CCV, Jambo and Riviera, we own all three and tend to use those points at the home resort at 11 months. We also have SSR and Poly points we use as sleep around points at 7 months.
Maybe consider a smaller SSR contract and try out some of the resorts to see what works for you. Or do some point rentals to try it out before you buy.

Alot of people post how once you stay in a 1 bed or larger its really hard to go back to studios, and it was very true for us.
We really love poly, but after discovering we prefer one beds, our poly points have just been used as sleep around points. My only criticism of poly is the lack of other room choices.
I’m a big fan of the resorts where the resort amenities are in the same building as the room, I like being able to run down to the quick serve for coffee or soda without going outside. I think the only 3 resorts to fall into this bucket are CCV, Jambo and Riviera, we own all three and tend to use those points at the home resort at 11 months. We also have SSR and Poly points we use as sleep around points at 7 months.
Maybe consider a smaller SSR contract and try out some of the resorts to see what works for you. Or do some point rentals to try it out before you buy.
1 BR I’m convinced are DVCs way of making you add on more points. We bought pre kids with 160 at AKV just looking at studios. Once we had kids and they got a little older we started staying in 1BR and have never looked back. They spoil you with all of the space/washer/full kitchen. We now have over 500 points lol.

My wife and I are big fans of the Poly, but beings that you have kids on the way, you need to think about 1 bedrooms. Since you are looking at around 200 pts, might I suggest you get 100 pts at poly, and 100 pts somewhere else? Old key west, or SSR for sleeparound points? Might even go 75 poly and 125 another. Since when the points thing gets worked out after covid, you can use 225 poly points every 3 years with banking and borrowing to make a stay there special, or maybe extended weekends here and there if someone is watching the kids. Good luck!

Cannot offer much insight on booking Poly at 7-months. I do not believe Poly studios can be compared to studios at other resorts though I would call Poly studios "Studios +". Why? Simply because of their larger size, ability to sleep 5, and 2 bathroom areas in each one. All of this for the point value of a studio room as opposed to a the points required for a 1BR at a different resort which in some cases still only offers 1 bathroom.

It is said often, "buy where you want to stay or would not mind staying" and it is sage advice. From what I read and am starting to see, 1BRs have regular availability at 7-months, so one could buy where they want to stay (ex. Poly) and if more room is desired for a trip look for a 1BR at a different resort at 7-months.

Best of luck in deciding!

ALL of the resorts are getting a bit harder to get at the 7 month window. However, at 7 months, the availability is often BEST for SSR, OKW, Animal Kingdom and Poly.

Don't expect to just be able to book any full week that you want, at Poly at 7 months, especially during the Fall Food and Wine time. HOWEVER, if you actually start RIGHT AT 7 months and learn how to use the WAITLIST, you should be able to do it. I suggest you put in a couple of requests on it - splitting up your vacation block into a few days, rather than just a sold week - and then just piecing the days together as they come in.

Start with blocks of 2 or 3 days. I think your chances of getting what you want are excellent. If you own somewhere else, make a reservation BEFORE the 7 month window at your home resort. Split it into at least 2 blocks, say Thursday, Friday and Saturday (since those are most popular) and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then, set your waitlist requests so that when one of those blocks is filled on your waitlist, it REPLACES the same block on your home resort. If you have LOTS of points, you could even just keep some duplicate reservations for a while at your home resort AND Poly, and then kill your old ones once the new ones are done.

Poly is a large resort with a lot of turnover in the reservations. SO, If you start using the waitlist very early and put in your waitlist requests starting right on the first days, at 7 months out, you should get good priority. The same can be said for Animal Kingdom - Kidani, which is an incredibly large resort with so many rooms that Waitlists are usually pretty easy. At Jambo and Kidani, the Jambo rooms generally go first, with the VALUE rooms being almost impossible to get (though I have got them, as an owner, through the waitlist). Next most popular are Standard Studios at either resort, and then other standard rooms. I personally love the Savannah View rooms and always choose them, but I understand that a lot of people want to save points by using Standard. At Poly I only use Standard View. I don't see the great thrill of looking out over the lake, since you can see it just by going to and from your room at other buildings. Or by taking the Ferry or the water taxi to Magic Kingdom.

Personally, I understand that people like the IDEA of POLY, but the actuality seems to be a bit less popular. That is why it is generally one of the last PREMIUM resorts to fill up. Personally, I don't see the attraction, except to do it just once or twice. I like Kona Cafe, and I like the ROOM Service for TWO from Ohana, but the Monorail isn't that big of an attraction to me. I find the rooms to be very generic, though nice enough. I don't think the grounds are especially attractive and I just like other resorts better.

I own 325 points at Poly and kind of wish they were somewhere else. I have 275 at Bay Lake and I like those And I have 400 at Animal Kingdom and I LOVE those. There is nothing wrong with Poly, per say (though I don't prefer it), but I like Animal Kingdom lodge much better. If I had my druthers, I would own at Boardwalk, I love boardwalk, too, but I'm NOT going to buy points that expire in 21 years when Animal Kingdom still has 35 years or so to run.

Anyway, I recommend you also take a look at Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom. And I strongly recommend you consider buying on the Resale market instead of direct from Disney. the 325 points I own at Poly are Direct, and DIrect is nice, but not worth it. If you ask me.

Last edited:
So, you're a family of 3, and possibly 4 at some time in the future. Your current child is young. You could really have any resort as your home resort. But, you asked about PVB...

The Poly is a lovely resort with a great pool. While you can now walk from MK to the Poly, it's a very long walk. Plan on taking the Monorail to the MK and Epcot. The studios, having been converted from hotel rooms, are large (although not quite as large as OKW). Booking at 7 months during the summer, until this year, hasn't been an issue. Unless you own at Poly, don't expect to get a room there at the 7 month window for Easter, Jersey week, or any week between September and mid January. Points needed to book a studio are on the higher side.

Also on the monorail loop is BLT. BLT shares a lot of amenities with the Contemporary. BLT has an ok pool dedicated to itself, and you can also use the Contemporary pool if you desire. You can easily walk (about 6 minutes) from BLT to MK, and there's a dedicated security checkpoint there so you don't have to deal with security again. This is a great advantage if you are travelling with small children in a stroller. Of course, you could also take the monorail. Studios are a little small, but fine for 2 adults and 2 small children (or one larger child). Points needed to book a studio are lower than at Poly. There's also awesome theme park view rooms, where you get a great view of the park, and your young children can watch the fireworks from just before you force them to go to sleep. You can generally book lake view rooms at 7 months during the summer. Again, you may have problems booking at 7 months for Easter, Jersey week, or any week between September and mid January.

Also in the MK area is CCV/BRV. BRV expires in 2042. It's an option if you think you'll keep your DVC membership until the kids go to college. CCV is at the same location, but with a longer expiration date. CCV is likely a better option if you think you'll be holding the membership for more than 20 years. You'll take the boat to the MK, which is fine during the summer, but can be awfully cold in the winter or at night. Everywhere else, it's a bus ride. Booking CCV/BRV has the same issues as Poly and BLT during those peak periods. Point requirements for a studio are lower than Poly, and similar to BLT.

My wife and I love the Poly, and stayed there about 20 times in the hotel side, but didn't like the placement of the DVC buildings there. They're near the TTC boat launch, and the Ferry horn goes off all day and quite late at night (1 hour past MK closing and 1 hour before opening, which means 7-8am start to 1am end during the summer). The standard view studios may result in a view of the monorail, which we're not interested in. We live in the Poconos, so BRV/CCV was out (because it's just like home). We rented points at BCV over by Epcot, but decided that we preferred to be near the MK. We then rented points at BLT, and decided that was for us. We would have kept going, renting points at each resort, until we found the right home resort for us. I encourage people to buy where they want to stay, and also to rent points and stay a few nights in your "final" choice just to make sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter