• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finally in a position where we can buy! What is PVB availability at 7 months?

Gackley

Earning My Ears
Hi there all my Dis friends! Been a lurker here for a while but my family is finally in a position where we can dive in and buy a DVC resale contract and was hoping to pick your brain.

We’ve decided to buy about 200 points and can’t decide where to buy them. We have a 4 year old (and are trying for another one) and my wife is a teacher so we will be primarily traveling during the summer and occasionally during her spring break or Jersey weekend.

We’ve always wanted to stay at the Poly and it’s definitely in the running for our home resort but we were curious if we need to pay the premium for the 11 month window? The 200 points at Poly are obviously more expensive compared to other resorts we can buy into so I was wondering what the availability for the studios are like during the summer months? Would we have an issue booking there at the 7 month mark or should we bite the bullet and pay the premium to guarantee that we are able to book at 11 months?

I used to not have issues booking poly at 7 months but now I'm finding it harder and harder to do so. I was able to get poly via wait list and stalking the site for October so it's not impossible, but definitely not as easy as it used to be.

For summer months, and for a studio, you'll likely need that home resort window. I did book a studio a few years ago at the Poly at seven months, but that was for a February trip. For Summer, I'd definitely recommend buying where you want to stay.

Lake view studios seem to have pretty good availability at 7 months, but you would want to book close to the 7 month window.

Poly was our first contract, and after buying we realized it wasn't for us, due to the lack of other room options, we have found a 1 bedroom works better for us, with small kids being able to make breakfast in the room and do laundry is great.

If you like the monorail loop BLT has more room choices and the standard rooms are very reasonable pointswise, plus the resale pricing is slightly better at BLT. Our favorite has become CCV, the boat ride over to MK is quick and easy, and we love the resort.

Lake view studios seem to have pretty good availability at 7 months, but you would want to book close to the 7 month window.

Poly was our first contract, and after buying we realized it wasn't for us, due to the lack of other room options, we have found a 1 bedroom works better for us, with small kids being able to make breakfast in the room and do laundry is great.

If you like the monorail loop BLT has more room choices and the standard rooms are very reasonable pointswise, plus the resale pricing is slightly better at BLT. Our favorite has become CCV, the boat ride over to MK is quick and easy, and we love the resort.

Have you had any issuses booking CCV? From what I’ve read it seems like many people have a really hard time finding a room to book

We don't really have trouble as we book 1 bedrooms, which are probably the easiest category of room to book across all the resorts. However, I don't think CCV is as bad as people make out... you need to be on the ball and booking at the 11 month window in the fall / Christmas, but right now there is pretty good availability for studios in April / May of next year. We actually just managed to snag 3 days in a CCV studio in December before we go on a Disney Cruise.

I’ve noticed 7 month availability is harder during pool months (especially summer), easier during winter outside holidays. Poly isn’t a bad deal with its long contract. We considered it but then figured we wouldn’t mind doing split stays to book Poly at 7 months to increase our chances.

I second looking at BLT as a home resort in lieu of Poly for the ability to book something other than a studio…

This makes sense, too. Although most people go in thinking they'll only need studios, which was our initial idea, I haven't stayed in a studio in years, now it is almost always a one bedroom or larger.

This makes sense, too. Although most people go in thinking they'll only need studios, which was our initial idea, I haven't stayed in a studio in years, now it is almost always a one bedroom or larger.
Exactly! I currently have AKV and we want another contract and we love poly so much but we have an almost 3 year old and an almost 14 year old and quite frankly while it's ok for just us it's already a tight fit there. I totally foresee us enjoying BLT much better in 1 bedrooms and maybe saving the poly when we specifically want that thumbing.

I don’t have much experience with poly at 7 mos but also wonder how grand Floridian adding a bunch of new studios will impact. I feel both will attract similar interest (studios close to mk) so wonder if it will be even easier to book poly at 7 mons going forward.

I don’t have much experience with poly at 7 mos but also wonder how grand Floridian adding a bunch of new studios will impact. I feel both will attract similar interest (studios close to mk) so wonder if it will be even easier to book poly at 7 mons going forward.
I think there are one or two threads debating that very question. Should be close to the top of the thread list as they are still currently being debated.

Hi there all my Dis friends! Been a lurker here for a while but my family is finally in a position where we can dive in and buy a DVC resale contract and was hoping to pick your brain.

We’ve decided to buy about 200 points and can’t decide where to buy them. We have a 4 year old (and are trying for another one) and my wife is a teacher so we will be primarily traveling during the summer and occasionally during her spring break or Jersey weekend.

We’ve always wanted to stay at the Poly and it’s definitely in the running for our home resort but we were curious if we need to pay the premium for the 11 month window? The 200 points at Poly are obviously more expensive compared to other resorts we can buy into so I was wondering what the availability for the studios are like during the summer months? Would we have an issue booking there at the 7 month mark or should we bite the bullet and pay the premium to guarantee that we are able to book at 11 months?

7 month bookings are all about flexibility. The current year doesn't outline very well the historical availability but I expect when it calms down it will once again be quite possible to book PVB during the summer, probably in the spring and mostly miss for Jersey week.

We just became members in August and Poly is our home resort. We stayed there for the first time in February. I can't say how availability looks under normal circumstances at 7 months, but right now it is challenging. I will say as new members the best advice is buy where you wouldn't mind staying. We chose Poly without ever staying there and don't regret it one bit. If that is the resort you have your eyes on, that's the one you should go with. I will say the full kitchen and laundry are good if you are taking longer trips. We take shorter trips to Disney but multiple times a year. The kitchenette worked well for breakfast and snack foods.

2021 is an exception to normal booking patterns. Don't use this year to judge how difficult it is to book at 7 months.

How difficult it is to book depends on several factors. Since you seem primarily interested in Studios, let's focus on those.

First, the most difficult time of year to book a DVC Studio is late September to early January. This does not mean other times of the year are easy. However, if you want to stay in a Studio for these months, you end up either being able to book only your Home Resort or get lucky with a cancellation.

You mention you'll most likely be visiting during summer. Early July tends to hard to book, mid-July is somewhere in the middle of booking difficulty, while August is perhaps the easiest month to book.

Second, PVB is easier to book than you might think. This is because PVB has the second most Studios of any WDW DVC resort. (Only SSR has more Studios.)

Third, with a growing family, you might consider having a Home Resort that sleeps 5. PVB is one of the Studios that sleep 5, BLT does not.

People have all sorts of suggestions about where to buy but I keep it rather simple. Buy at the resort you want to stay at the most.

throwing in my two cents, we are Poly and CCV owners. 1st buy where you don’t mind staying if you can not switch at seven months!
Sounds like you’re interested in Magic Kingdom resorts. Poly has large studios at 447 ft.², w/two bathrooms (1 toilet). At the Poly only studios and bungalows. Studios at CCV are difficult to come by, best to book at 11 months. Since we have become DVC Member’s, at least two trips a year involve extended family which includes a two-year-old and a four-month-old. Last stay in May, was at BLT, dedicated 2 bedroom. My DIL & DS found BLT to be a great fit for a young family. Moving around the resort, going to the pool or to eat, priceless. Easy walk to MK, or ride monorail. You will have more room configuration options. Just my opinion.
Don’t get me wrong, we all love the Poly.❤ Answering the question about 7 month availability at the Poly, there is a chance, but it has become more difficult, may depend on when you travel.

ps: we have not stayed at a BLT studio, I have heard they are small. mostly I mentioned BLT because of a 1br option, which includes a kitchen and a laundry room.
take your time and do research. Good luck❤❤

Last edited:
2021 is an exception to normal booking patterns. Don't use this year to judge how difficult it is to book at 7 months.

How difficult it is to book depends on several factors. Since you seem primarily interested in Studios, let's focus on those.

First, the most difficult time of year to book a DVC Studio is late September to early January. This does not mean other times of the year are easy. However, if you want to stay in a Studio for these months, you end up either being able to book only your Home Resort or get lucky with a cancellation.

You mention you'll most likely be visiting during summer. Early July tends to hard to book, mid-July is somewhere in the middle of booking difficulty, while August is perhaps the easiest month to book.

Second, PVB is easier to book than you might think. This is because PVB has the second most Studios of any WDW DVC resort. (Only SSR has more Studios.)

Third, with a growing family, you might consider having a Home Resort that sleeps 5. PVB is one of the Studios that sleep 5, BLT does not.

People have all sorts of suggestions about where to buy but I keep it rather simple. Buy at the resort you want to stay at the most.
Thank you for this so much, this hit the nail on the head for us almost exactly! Knew I’d find help here.

throwing in my two cents, we are Poly and CCV owners. 1st buy where you don’t mind staying if you can not switch at seven months!
Sounds like you’re interested in Magic Kingdom resorts. Polly has large studios at 447 ft.², w/two bathrooms (1 toilet). At the Poly only studios and bungalows. Studios at CCV are difficult to come by, best to book at 11 months. Since we have become DVC Member’s, at least two trips a year involve extended family which includes a two-year-old and a four-month-old. Last stay in May, was at BLT, dedicated 2 bedroom. My DIL & DS found BLT to be a great fit for a young family. Moving around the resort, going to the pool or to eat, priceless. Easy walk to MK, or ride monorail. You will have more room configuration options. Just my opinion.
Don’t get me wrong, we all love the Poly.❤ Answering the question about 7 month availability at the Poly, there is a chance, but it has become more difficult, may depend on when you travel.

ps: we have not stayed at a BLT studio, I have heard they are small. mostly I mentioned BLT because of a 1br option, which includes a kitchen and a laundry room.
take your time and do research. Good luck❤❤
I didn’t realize how inexpensive resale at CCV is. We can get like 250 points there for less than the cost of 200 at Poly resale. Thank you for your input!

I'm a teacher and we own both PVB and BLT. If you plan on going during vacation weeks like spring vacation or Christmas, you might find yourself stuck at your home resort. For summer, you may have luck at PVB if you aren't looking for a long stay. We added on at BLT so we could have access to larger rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter