• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finally found Elsa Dress !!!

They show 2 stores within 100+ miles that have it and my BIL checked the one by him and they did NOT have it. Grr.

I finally caved and bought the Elsa dress from the Disney Store off eBay. I know, here comes the flaming...but I feel I am wasting way too much time chasing something that Disney is not able to deliver. We leave in just a few weeks, and I will have one Anna in her coronation dress and no Elsa! I have really tried, Disney, to buy this directly from you, and to not support scalping on eBay. I have called no less than 4-5 Disney stores every single morning for the last 2 months, to no avail (though I did score the Anna coronation dress this way from the Times Square Disney store last month, when they were still shipping dresses, which I hear they are no longer doing, even if they have them in stock). I go to my Disney store at least once a week for an in person beg, and I call them every day before they open as above. Nothing. I have called the Parks Merchandising line numerous times over the last months, either resulting in "we don't have any in any park" to the current "we won't ship any Frozen merchandise from the parks due to demand." I've inquired with a Disney Personal Shopper: no dresses in the larger sizes in the parks, and CMs tell her they have no way to know when more are coming. Waking up by alarm every morning at 2AM my time to check the website to see if they restock (didn't know about this until after the morning of the DVD release, when they did have the dress in stock online from 2-4AM). And that has been a resounding "no" on stock of the dress.

I feel I have more than exhausted all of the avenues to get this dress. I don't love the JCP dress, and I want a higher quality than the Target ones. Not that my JCP has had them at all either.

Since I don't have any confidence that Disney can, in the next two weeks, get this dress into a store where I can buy it, since they have basically only managed to get in on the website for a grand total of 2 hours in the last several months, I bought it on eBay. It is 4.5 months after the movie release, and Disney has managed 2 hours of online availability in the recent several months. I don't know who does their supply chain management, and I know that they don't want to overbuy and be stuck with merchandise, but I still believe this is unacceptable as a consumer. On the site currently, there are 7 articles of Frozen clothing. Five of those are only available in a size 2; the other two are only available up to size 4. Two others are there but are sold out in every size. I don't know how complicated it is to get some tshirts screen printed...

Ok I'll end my rant here. This is months of built up frustration and wasted time. I wish every one super pixie dust in finding their Elsa dresses!!!!!!

I finally caved and bought the Elsa dress from the Disney Store off eBay. I know, here comes the flaming...but I feel I am wasting way too much time chasing something that Disney is not able to deliver. We leave in just a few weeks, and I will have one Anna in her coronation dress and no Elsa! I have really tried, Disney, to buy this directly from you, and to not support scalping on eBay. I have called no less than 4-5 Disney stores every single morning for the last 2 months, to no avail (though I did score the Anna coronation dress this way from the Times Square Disney store last month, when they were still shipping dresses, which I hear they are no longer doing, even if they have them in stock). I go to my Disney store at least once a week for an in person beg, and I call them every day before they open as above. Nothing. I have called the Parks Merchandising line numerous times over the last months, either resulting in "we don't have any in any park" to the current "we won't ship any Frozen merchandise from the parks due to demand." I've inquired with a Disney Personal Shopper: no dresses in the larger sizes in the parks, and CMs tell her they have no way to know when more are coming. Waking up by alarm every morning at 2AM my time to check the website to see if they restock (didn't know about this until after the morning of the DVD release, when they did have the dress in stock online from 2-4AM). And that has been a resounding "no" on stock of the dress.

I feel I have more than exhausted all of the avenues to get this dress. I don't love the JCP dress, and I want a higher quality than the Target ones. Not that my JCP has had them at all either.

Since I don't have any confidence that Disney can, in the next two weeks, get this dress into a store where I can buy it, since they have basically only managed to get in on the website for a grand total of 2 hours in the last several months, I bought it on eBay. It is 4.5 months after the movie release, and Disney has managed 2 hours of online availability in the recent several months. I don't know who does their supply chain management, and I know that they don't want to overbuy and be stuck with merchandise, but I still believe this is unacceptable as a consumer. On the site currently, there are 7 articles of Frozen clothing. Five of those are only available in a size 2; the other two are only available up to size 4. Two others are there but are sold out in every size. I don't know how complicated it is to get some tshirts screen printed...

Ok I'll end my rant here. This is months of built up frustration and wasted time. I wish every one super pixie dust in finding their Elsa dresses!!!!!!

My sister works for a JCP what size are you looking for? && I'm also going to the Disney Store this weekend I can see if theres any at my store in Michigan

My sister works for a JCP what size are you looking for? && I'm also going to the Disney Store this weekend I can see if theres any at my store in Michigan

You are so, so sweet! I need a 7/8 or a 9/10 (don't know for sure because she's between sizes on the size chart and I don't know if I'll ever see one to try it on her!)!! Thank you!!!

TwoDogs: I caved too this morning and bought an Anna Coronation dress off Ebay. Like you, I am tired of wondering when and if Disney will get another in, and even if they do, they will likely sell out within the hour. The price was not terribly marked up, only a little. I too have tried calling Disney Merchandising, stalking the website for weeks, etc, etc! I gave up! :confused3

I don't think you'll get any flaming here. :goodvibes

This has been absolutely ridiculous. By pure chance -- my dog waking me up at 2am, not being able to fall asleep, and hitting "refresh" on the DisneyStore.com tab perpetually open on my iPad -- I lucked out and got a 7/8 and a 10 (I think last week). Totally random. Then they were sold out within hours.

I am so angered by the people buying these up and reselling on ebay for insane prices. When I found yesterday that the 7/8 was too small for DD8 and the 10 fit her well, my first reaction was to reach out to DIS to get the 7/8 to someone for cost. Turns out that I spoke too soon, and when DD's friend's mom came to pick up her daughter from a playdate and spotted the dress, she told me her youngest was dying for one and she had been scouring the net for ages! I was happy to hand it over to someone who I knew would not turn around and sell it on ebay!! (but sad that I couldn't spread pixiedust: to a DISer)

All that said, if my crazy little dog hadn't woken me up at 2am that day, I can't say that I wouldn't have caved and bought one from one of the evil ebay resellers (that's what they're now called in our house :lmao:).

Much pixiedust: to everyone still looking, and if I spot anything ANYWHERE, I will share here first!! :goodvibes

The heck with the links. Search item 3707016 for Elsa and 3707015 for Anna at jcp.com.

It'll say it's unavailable, but, if you click on a size and scroll down to where it says "Add to bag," you'll be able to click the "Find in a store" link next to it.

Not for me, on my phone, even using the full site!

Adding - found a in stock store yet they're out?!!
Why hasn't my order online order for the costume weeks ago shipped!?

Adding more - ok, not weeks ago, 3/18, well I just checked and they cancelled it :/
Lovely, my kids leave for DLR tomorrow.

Well, I broke down too. After looking into height weight info, I found out I really need the size 14 from the parks. The disney store doesn't carry anything above a 10. So, if you factor in that I would have to pay for a park ticket and be there when they happen to have them, it was a reasonable price. I didn't buy a $500 one though!! But only 1 person had 14s anyway. And it is frustrating, especially since my daughter is 6.5 years, and already 4'7". So it was pretty much my only option. She will get it for her birthday in May.

FYI-- littledressupshop dot com is having a preorder sale of their Anna and Elsa dresses through April 19 for a June 30 delivery date. Their dresses are really good quality and are non-itchy. :thumbsup2

I don't think you'll get any flaming here. :goodvibes

This has been absolutely ridiculous. By pure chance -- my dog waking me up at 2am, not being able to fall asleep, and hitting "refresh" on the DisneyStore.com tab perpetually open on my iPad -- I lucked out and got a 7/8 and a 10 (I think last week). Totally random. Then they were sold out within hours.

I am so angered by the people buying these up and reselling on ebay for insane prices. When I found yesterday that the 7/8 was too small for DD8 and the 10 fit her well, my first reaction was to reach out to DIS to get the 7/8 to someone for cost. Turns out that I spoke too soon, and when DD's friend's mom came to pick up her daughter from a playdate and spotted the dress, she told me her youngest was dying for one and she had been scouring the net for ages! I was happy to hand it over to someone who I knew would not turn around and sell it on ebay!! (but sad that I couldn't spread pixiedust: to a DISer)

All that said, if my crazy little dog hadn't woken me up at 2am that day, I can't say that I wouldn't have caved and bought one from one of the evil ebay resellers (that's what they're now called in our house :lmao:).

Much pixiedust: to everyone still looking, and if I spot anything ANYWHERE, I will share here first!! :goodvibes

You DISers make my day!! I'm so relieved that I am not the only one who is beyond frustrated with this dress search!! Those of you who are sharing your extra dresses with fellow DISers like OP above and the person who shared her extra Anna adventure dress with another DISer on another thread, you will get that good karma right back pixiedust:!!

Now I just hope this dress fits my daughter!! For the OP who bought the Anna Coronation dress on eBay, get ready to be wowed!! It is by far the prettiest dress I have ever seen from Disney! I lucked into it at the Times Square Disney store (they shipped it to me in Texas) because a fellow DISer posted that she saw them there one weekend last month. I'm sure they sold out in the day, and then they recalled them for the color running. I surely did not send mine back because I don't plan to launder it, and I had no faith that Disney would make a new version of the dress that didn't have running colors, in time for our trip in a few weeks. My intuition seems to have been correct, in that there is absolutely no sign of the "new" Anna coronation dress anywhere. Had I not found this coronation dress, I would have had to buy the Parks version off eBay, I'm sure, at this point.

I checked the JCP link that the sweet OP posted on this thread last night, and it showed the Elsa dress in stock at a near by JCP store. I called them on opening this AM, and they said they never even got any Elsa dresses at all. So I don't know how good the JCP "find in a store" feature is. Boo hoo as she would have probably been totally over the top thrilled with that version too.

Thanks to all of you ladies (and maybe some gentlemen) who are watching out for these dresses, and posting your finds (instead of buying them all up and reselling them). May the pixiedust: continue for everyone in their search!

FYI-- littledressupshop dot com is having a preorder sale of their Anna and Elsa dresses through April 19 for a June 30 delivery date. Their dresses are really good quality and are non-itchy. :thumbsup2

I just ordered the Anna and Elsa set from this site...they look super cute and well make. After reading a lot of reviews, I went for it...we'll see! Thanks for letting me know about it! :thumbsup2

I just ordered the Anna and Elsa set from this site...they look super cute and well make. After reading a lot of reviews, I went for it...we'll see! Thanks for letting me know about it! :thumbsup2

You're welcome! We have a Cinderella dress from them and it gets worn almost every day, in fact, DD is in it now. :goodvibes

The Disney Store Elsa dress got here today from eBay! It is simply beyond gorgeous! I tried it on my daughter, and the 9/10 was a good fit with room to grow (she is almost 9 years old, about 53" tall and about 58-60 lbs). I think a 7/8 would have fit her, but would have been shorter than she wanted (mid-calf; this one is near ankles) and the sleeves might have been nearly too short. I think the 7/8 probably would have fit her better in the shoulders because she is tall and thinner, but overall I'm glad I went with the 9/10. Interestingly, for those of you wondering about the sizing like I was, the tag from the Disney store says it is a size "10" and fits "ages 8-9 years". Knowing that wording on the tag ahead of time would have reassured me a little better that the 9/10 would be the correct size for my child...hopefully this helps someone else out. I really appreciate that there is an over-layer of tulle on top of the sequined bodice to keep the sequins from ripping off or catching on everything. This is a beautiful dress! The ombre sleeves are a nice touch (from pictures, I think the JCP dress has white sleeves all the way down?).

My daughter put it on right away and is so excited to wear it in the Park!! Thanks for all of your support, fellow DISers :lovestruc, on this search!! I can now sleep at night, ha ha!!:rotfl::rotfl:

Congratulations twodogs with the dress BUT even if you were going the eBay route you know what ? sometimes it saves a lot of aggravation hours on phone on-line and worse wasting gas chasing a lead Do what you have to do

I turn to eBay 99 % of the time when I want an exclusive pin or hard to find item in the parks If I had a little girl in my life I would have done the same thing Would love to see pictures Good luck getting her to take it off tonight :rotfl: I think I heard her excitement from here :goodvibes

Congratulations twodogs with the dress BUT even if you were going the eBay route you know what ? sometimes it saves a lot of aggravation hours on phone on-line and worse wasting gas chasing a lead Do what you have to do

I turn to eBay 99 % of the time when I want an exclusive pin or hard to find item in the parks If I had a little girl in my life I would have done the same thing Would love to see pictures Good luck getting her to take it off tonight :rotfl: I think I heard her excitement from here :goodvibes

You are so right! My husband watched me chase this silly dress and said the extra money spent is worth your sanity and time! It may not be the answer for everyone, but after all of this, it was for me! Thanks all for the support!!

Can't wait to get mine in a couple days. It's too bad I wasn't awake to this in Oct when we were there at Epcot. I would have picked up a LE style. But now everyone will be happy and I will certainly be less stressed.

I'm still struggling to find a costume. I've called 12 different JCP's this morning in several different states because the website says they have availability....none of them do :( Our trip is not until September so I'm not ready to go the Ebay route (yet). Looks like stalking it will be....

Good golly they'd better have them by September! Of course that's what I said about May when it was January and I couldn't find it... And here we are with no dresses in sight for our May trip (other than ebay).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter