Finally booked: Beachcomber shack at Typhoon Lagoon!

I think I'm going to give in and book for our May trip. Everything is available so I figured why not other than the $$$
:D

I booked it for June for our family of 9, ages 8 mos to 69. No way were we going to try to corral the kids and find a home base on our own. Plus the water, mugs, attendants for food delivery -- I feel it will be worth every penny.

The shacks are the best thing! Getting food delivery was awesome. Plus the drink re-fills were great. They really come in handy during the afternoon rains. I'll never do a water park without one!

Which level shack do you typically get? I was looking at the deluxe (whatever it is called - the highest level one) and it seems like electricity is the difference (tv, fan, and outlets for charging). Debating on whether it is really worth it. Anyone have any insight on whether there is any other perk for paying the higher price? I think we can live without the things I listed.

I’ve reserved a standard shack because there’s only 3 of us and I’m hoping to overlook the wave pool. I just couldn’t justify the price for the more expensive shacks. If we were splitting the cost with another family, I’d be open to a higher level.

Which level shack do you typically get? I was looking at the deluxe (whatever it is called - the highest level one) and it seems like electricity is the difference (tv, fan, and outlets for charging). Debating on whether it is really worth it. Anyone have any insight on whether there is any other perk for paying the higher price? I think we can live without the things I listed.
We did a standard shack . It was great. I guess if you have people who really, really need to watch tv at a waterpark go for the Deluxe, other than that, it's a nice place to relax in the shade, and get a 'waiter", fridge, water and refillable cups.

We had Deluxe shack 13 the other day and it was great! Located right by the Crushing gushers, drink machine, and bathroom; felt very central.

I have done the premium plus one before, with the TV. It's nice but not necessary to us.

I will say, it's best to get one with seating for the whole party. We have squished 10 into the shack with seating for 6 and that's not great. I thought we'd all be coming and going and taking turns in the shack, but then as it turned out we all wanted to sit at the same time! Wet kids on laps is not recommended!

This week I got the deluxe with seats for 8 for our group of 7 and it was just right!

We just booked a shack for our trip in June!

I have a question about check-in. Do you have to go straight to check-in right when the park opens? I am curious because usually right when the park opens we go straight to the waterslides, to ride them before the wait gets too long. I am worried that if we have to spend 30 minutes or more at the start of the day checking in to the shack then by the time we are done the lines will start getting long. Anyone else have experience with this?

I have a question about check-in. Do you have to go straight to check-in right when the park opens? I am curious because usually right when the park opens we go straight to the waterslides, to ride them before the wait gets too long. I am worried that if we have to spend 30 minutes or more at the start of the day checking in to the shack then by the time we are done the lines will start getting long. Anyone else have experience with this?
Your reservation is good for the entire day so you don’t need to wait in line to check-in for your shack at park opening. If your entire party is staying together at park opening then you could do all the slides with little/no wait before backtracking and checking-in for your shack. But the downside is that you won’t yet have your safe or a place to stash your things so maybe one person can check-in and meet up with the rest of your group.

We arrived right at park open, I went to the check-in, an I was first in line. Took just a few minutes, they'll give you your wristbands, and introduce your "shack staff" member. Didn't take long at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter