Finally booked: Beachcomber shack at Typhoon Lagoon!

I really shouldn’t be willing to pay this much a it’s extremely expensive, but it looks like it could be worth it for the convenience. I might book it and see if my nephew will split it with me...I could always cancel.

If I do cancel, what are the options at TL? Find a regular locker and leave my stuff by a ride when I’m going on it?

Thanks !

Last edited:

Anybody know if you can request a particular shack? My booking window opens up in a few days and I'd really like a shack overlooking the wave pool as my kids will stay there for hours. I'd like to be able to watch them from the shack rather than being in the pool.

Anybody know if you can request a particular shack? My booking window opens up in a few days and I'd really like a shack overlooking the wave pool as my kids will stay there for hours. I'd like to be able to watch them from the shack rather than being in the pool.
I know you could pre Covid but unsure about now. The last time I went to Typhoon Lagoon I asked for a specific shack when checking in day of and was able to get it.

You can't request a specific one ahead of time. Neither on the phone, nor online.
Your best bet is to get to Typhoon Lagoon early and get to Singapore Sal's as soon as you can.

You can't request a specific one ahead of time. Neither on the phone, nor online.
Your best bet is to get to Typhoon Lagoon early and get to Singapore Sal's as soon as you can.
That was my assumption, but wanted to check. Thank you!

I just booked an umbrella! Question - the terms and conditions of the booking mentioned showing photo ID for minors, and it even listed the forms of ID that are acceptable. Is this really something that they check? I really don't want to have to bring my son's passport to a water park.

I just booked an umbrella! Question - the terms and conditions of the booking mentioned showing photo ID for minors, and it even listed the forms of ID that are acceptable. Is this really something that they check? I really don't want to have to bring my son's passport to a water park.
They didn't check id for my kids last May. I didn't even know that they could. I had my driver's license, of course, but I didn't even have any kind of id for my kids with us at all on the trip.

Only the person who booked the reservation with the credit card has to show ID when checking in. We've booked 4 cabana's over the years, and this has always been the case. Rest easy!

Only the person who booked the reservation with the credit card has to show ID when checking in. We've booked 4 cabana's over the years, and this has always been the case. Rest easy!
Great, thank you! That's what I would have assumed but I have no idea why the terms and conditions and the email they sent me mentioned bringing ID for a minor. In what situation is a minor the one booking the reservation?? So that threw me off a bit. Glad to know I don't have to bring his passport!

We rent a cabana every year, weather it is just the two adults or if we are bringing the whole gang.
It is always worth it to us. I need shade available at all times. We have tried going early and getting a shady spot, but the sun moves and the shade does not stay all day :)
We love the locker, attendant, towels, cooler, mugs and a great spot to just get out of the sun and crowds.

Does anyone know how far ahead you can book. I have read both 60 and 180 days out.

You will love it. So spoiled since we booked one last trip. We had shack #7 it was by a re-fill station, wave pool, and quick access to lazy river. Just having a spot to return to, lock stuff up was so worth it. enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter