FINAL UPDTD 8/16 - The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV

I didn't say anything earlier but what made it worse was some jerk with a LSU shirt on that was in our raft. He made two comments about her wet white shirt and a veiled reference about being able to see through wet t-shirts and he had his two kids sitting right there! The first one I ignored. The second one DW put her hand on my arm because she knew what was about to happen! I guess he got the message because he didn't say anything the rest of the ride. He was the first one off the raft and rushed his 8-12 year old kids off before I was able to say anything. Some people just make you go :sad2: or :mad:

That is horrible and so inappropriate. I mean.. there is subtle fun...and not so subtle plain rudeness. :sad2:

I think I could have fun at a funeral...wait...that didn't come out right. I can find something to do and entertain myself most anywhere. Better? :bitelip:

:rotfl: yes, better.

I bet you got one that was sitting out a while. We lucked up and got one right out of the fryer. Now if they want to make it over the top, add some powdered sugar and a big ole scoop of ice cream!

Something... maybe even the fryer was not hot enough. It has so much oil that it was dripping. Just not good eats alone of with ice cream. I am definitely willing to try it again though.

His father has told us that he doesn't know what we've done to him but it has been a positive influence because he has come out of his shell so much. Heck...it was either sink or swim with our family! :cool1:

Sounds like what happened with my dd and her inlaws.. I am glad for her that it was a sink or swim situation too. They have helped her to come out of her shell a tad. And in turn... DSil has done the same for our entire family. So nice when you have a good fit like that. :goodvibes

I'm still debating, in my own fragile mind, whether it is better to bunch your 3 online FP+ reservations in the morning and then use the extra one later or bunch them in the afternoon/early evening, show up for rope drop and walk on rides for as long as you can until the crowds arrive.

Well, I took what I could for our fall trip. It was crazy!

Get a cheap poncho from the dollar store and you'll stay dry except for maybe your feet.

That is a good idea! :thumbsup2

I love this :love: My best friend's daughter was born during half-time when the Saints won the Super Bowl (in 2010, I think). We call her "Who Dat".
That's awesome!!! When our twin boys were born, I wanted to nickname one of them Archie (for obvious reasons to any respectable Saints fan) but I was overruled. DW wanted to name them Grant and Lee and I had to put my foot down. The last time two males named Grant and Lee were together in the South way back in 1865, it didn't turn out very well...lots of fighting for those two so we settled for Will and Lee!

Awesome! :goodvibes I hope you find something for it and we can see it on a future TR maybe! :cool1:
I'm thinking as a patch on my Halloween Top Gun costume?!?!

That is horrible and so inappropriate. I mean.. there is subtle fun...and not so subtle plain rudeness. :sad2:
I don't get it...what did he think was going to happen? And with his kids right there too?!? Sighhhh

:rotfl: yes, better.
I figured as much! :rotfl2:

Something... maybe even the fryer was not hot enough. It has so much oil that it was dripping. Just not good eats alone of with ice cream. I am definitely willing to try it again though.
I hope you do and get a good one this time!

Sounds like what happened with my dd and her inlaws.. I am glad for her that it was a sink or swim situation too. They have helped her to come out of her shell a tad. And in turn... DSil has done the same for our entire family. So nice when you have a good fit like that. :goodvibes
We feel very fortunate to have him as part of our family. It worked that way for DW and I as well. My mother and her mother knew each other socially before we were married but soon after the wedding became best friends.

Well, I took what I could for our fall trip. It was crazy!
I made our FP+ selections this week for our October trip. I think they still have some bugs to fix. I wanted SDMT early to mid-morning one day and I could get it if my two other selections were later in the afternoon. Since we will be out of MK by 4:00 to make a F&W dinner, we couldn't do that and I couldn't get SDMT for any other time before noon unless I took their picks. I tried to take their pick and then change the other two but nothing was available until evening. I wish they would let you pick one at a time and not have to do all three to begin with.

That is a good idea! :thumbsup2
Many a wet clothes later I learned my lesson! :sad2:

Sorry for the delay in updating. I was out all last week sick and had to get caught up at work this week as a result. I've got an update typed and all I need to do is pick a FEW pictures to go with it. A FEW...right??? Me??? I know I'm not fooling anyone! :rolleyes1

Time for an update folks. There's only 52 days left to our next trip so I need to kick this TR in gear!!

Wednesday – October 4, 2014

Today is our Magic Kingdom day. DW and I have NEVER made the rope drop ceremony here and today we (meaning me) are determined to make it and we did….barely! DD and DSiL weren’t as enthusiastic so we left them in the villa getting ready. I thought we had plenty of time to spare but we waited for a bus…and waited…and waited…and finally a MK bus arrived. We arrived just in time and as you can see, there was a good sized crowd waiting

We found a decent spot and the show began

Hmmm…Mickey and Minnie are not in the same car? Do I detect a rift?

And then you see who is in Mickey’s car? I don’t want to start any rumors but I’m just sayin’…

(Continued in next post)

(Continued from previous post)

Are they making up or is this a lover’s quarrel?

The gang’s all here

Are Mickey and Elsa scoping each other out?

Okay…they’ve made up…all is right in the world again!

Once inside MK, this view never fails to amaze me and cause a lump in my throat

We stopped at Main Street Bakery aka Starbucks for breakfast and to wait for DD/DSiL. After a couple of artisan ham and cheddar biscuits (they try to call them breakfast sandwiches but I know a biscuit when I see one!), a strawberry/banana smoothie and a white chocolate mocha Frappuccino, the kids arrive just after 9:00am.

(Continued in next post 2)

(Continued from previous post 2)

We don’t have a FP+ ride until 10:10am so our goal is to ride as much as possible before the crowds and lines get too much. First up is a quick ride here

This is one ride I do not care for. Because it is so dark, I cannot anticipate the car movement and adjust accordingly to minimize the negative effects on my back. And since the cars are for 3 people, I sat this one out. The other 3 seemed to enjoy the ride

I think DSiL and I need to teach DW and DD how to hold and aim their finger gun!

Next up is Buzz Lightyear

I think DD is spaced out in space

Of course I got the usual rolling-of-the-eyes from DW when she saw that pic but she didn’t say much because for the first time in forever, I was the low score! I tried to tell the CM that my gun was broke but to no avail. Sighhhh…my unbeaten streak is finally over. Excuse me while I go to a corner and shed a single tear. :sad1:

Okay, I’m over it so why not stop and get another family pic

I tried to talk everyone in to riding this

But no such luck. I think they didn’t want to push their luck after finally beating me.

Time to hoof it over to our first FP+. It might be easier if we had a spring in our step like this guy

(Continued in next post 3)

(Continued from previous post 3)

For the first time since 1997, we rode Peter Pan. This is probably the most difficult dark ride to take pics on and every attempt I made was terrible. Oh well…just an excuse to buy another lens? :confused3

After Peter Pan, we split up. DD and DSiL went for the teacups and DW and I had to continue tradition and ride this

Hey…down here…I’m waving at you

That doesn’t count as harassing a CM since they didn’t see me.

A few pics from IASW that you all have seen many, many times

Nothing like getting photo-bombed by a hippo

I just can’t help myself taking so many pics on IASW. There is just so much to see…it’s a sensory overload!

(Continued in next post 4)

(Continued from previous post 4)

The gang met up at Pinocchio Village Haus and ate this

I’m not sure why we ate here. I guess it was convenient or maybe DD wanted to eat here but I much prefer Pecos Bill for a QS in this part of MK. Nevertheless, I have to rate it a

B— or a C++

It is good but not my first choice.

We have a while before our next FP+ so and the lines here weren’t too bad

While in the queue, this grand ole lady passed by

Once inside, more pics

For those of you (and you know who you are) with a light fetish

They are dancing too fast for a decent pic

Not a smile I want to see up close and personal

Darn hitchhikers

(Continued in next post 5)

I know you are right in the middle of an update a and guess what? I don't care! :rotfl2:

Serious crowds for the opening show!

Breakfast of champions at the Main Street Bakery.

Wait - you sat out Space Mountain? WHAT? Say it isn't so! The others look like they are having a blast.

What the heck kind of shoe did that man have on??? Very paparazzi of you to snack that picture. I like it!

Awesome coffin shot! I love it! Perfect. Did you get stuck there? No seriously - I remember someone else getting stuck there and getting a great shot.

Yummy looking lunch!

(Continued from previous post 5)

Next up is our FP+ for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Does she look bored?

I have no other interior pics. Either we went through the queue very fast and I don’t remember anything or the FP+ line does not allow for the interactive part prior to the ride. Either way, this ride was very good. It was real smooth without the normal jerks and jolts from most coaster rides. If anyone has a fear or is apprehensive about a coaster ride, this one is for you. The only thing wrong with it is there are no ride pics! How could you build this ride up with so much fanfare and hype and not set it up to have a ride pic?!?! Colossal Fail Disney!! Here are a few exterior pics

Some more pics along the way

Our last FP+ was here

I love how the people in the back of the car followed suit on the faces!

Oh yeah…if you’re in the front of the car, you get soaked!! That is the first time I’ve ever gotten that wet on SM. I’m talking about a full frontal wave!

(Continued in next post 6)

I know you are right in the middle of an update a and guess what? I don't care! :rotfl2:
My dear MEK, you can jump in anytime!! :cool1:

Serious crowds for the opening show!
I wasn't too surprised but we got a decent spot to watch the opening show anyway.

Breakfast of champions at the Main Street Bakery.
Oh yeah!!

Wait - you sat out Space Mountain? WHAT? Say it isn't so! The others look like they are having a blast.
The ole back just can't take Space Mtn. Getting old ain't for sissies!!

What the heck kind of shoe did that man have on??? Very paparazzi of you to snack that picture. I like it!
:thumbsup2

Awesome coffin shot! I love it! Perfect. Did you get stuck there? No seriously - I remember someone else getting stuck there and getting a great shot.
No, we didn't stop. I'm trying something different with my camera. My best prime lens is a 50mm f1.8. I put it on manual and take a quick shot, 1/8 sec, with an ISO-100 and shoot in raw and jpg. I then take the raw photo and lighten it up in Photoshop. The original jpg shot is so dark you can't see without editing. The shot is real grainy but at least you can see something on some of the dark rides. I'm going to order a 30mm f1.4 before our next trip and see if that helps on these rides.

Yummy looking lunch!
It was okay but not one of my favorites for a QS.

(Continued from previous post 6)

That was the last of our 3 pre-trip online FP+ selections. I found the spot to make the additional FP selection you can make after your 3 are used but the line was longer than most ride lines and it wasn’t even 1:00 yet! No thanks!

Can you guess where we went next?

There’s something about a redhead…

Again we split up and DW and I decided to go to another ride we have not seen in a long time…Mickey’s PhilharMagic

I wish there was a 3D lens for cameras

(Continued in next post 7)

(Continued from previous post 7)

We have a dinner reservation for 4:50pm. What do we do during the interim? I don’t but DW, DD and DSiL decided to take a spin…literally

Next up is a horse of a different color

Look at the wait times

My two favorite women in the world

A view DSiL and I saw quite often this day

(Continued in next post 8)

(Continued from previous post 8)

By now it is getting close to our dining reservation. Can you guess where we are headed?

That’s right…Be Our Guest! DW and I ate here during our trip this past October and really loved it. The theming is perhaps the best of any restaurant in WDW. We don’t normally visit a table service restaurant again so soon after our lat visit but DD wanted to go here and we were fine with that choice. Speaking of the interior theming…

Is that snow outside…in Florida…in June?

(Continued in next post 9)

(Continued from previous post 9)

And now for our meal. For starters, I had the salad trio which consists of roasted beets, gold raisins, orange salad and green bean, tomato roasted shallot salad and watermelon, radish, mint salad. I’m not much of a beet eater but I am adventurous and this was worth the risk. I would rather have the watermelon, radish, mint salad alone if I could. DW had the potato leek soup and DD/DSiL shared the assorted cured meats and sausages. Here they are in order of mention…

As we usually do, we shared with others at our table. I think DD/DSiL made the best choice but it is a lot so have at least 2 or 3 that wish to share if you order this appetizer.

For our entrees, I had herb-crusted rack of lamb, DW had the same, DD had the chicken breast provencal and DSiL had the grilled strip steak. Here they are…again in order mentioned…

And of course you have all heard of the famous dessert carts at BOG

So which do you choose? I had the strawberry cupcake, DW had the grey stuff, DD and DSiL shared a lemon cupcake. And here they are

What a meal!! CM Will was our server and he was top notch…so much so that we increased the automatic TIW gratuity. The food was fantastic. The atmosphere was the best. The service was impeccable. Everything you expect from Disney. My rating for this restaurant…

A+

I have read opinions here on the DISboards and on Facebook that others do not share the same rating but we’ve been here two times and have been very much pleased both times. It’s not a 5 diamond restaurant because it is a themed restaurant. Just before they closed, France’s Bistro de Paris unseated Mythos at Universal’s IoA as the best theme park restaurant. Mythos held that title for numerous years in a row. I will not be surprised if BOG gives Mythos a run for their money!

(Continued in next post 10)

(Continued from previous post 10)

And as you all know, when you leave BOG, you get to meet the big guy himself for a photo op!

It was only a little after 6pm when we finished so we walked around looking for something to do. Why not get another MM+ pic?

As we were trying to decide what to do, a man approached DW and asked her if she wanted 3 FP’s he had for BTMRR. At first she started to say no because there were only 3 but I told her to go ahead and I will sit out and take pics. So off to BTMRR they go!

Wait…is that my crew?

Yup…there they are!

Roaming around we decided to go on Walt’s favorite ride

Now this is what I grew up with in the old South. Anyone hear Gordon Lightfoot’s ballad when they see this?

And here she comes again

Did you know that the Incredibles could throw down and boogie?

Back on Main Street for some shopping…well…DW and DD shopped…DSiL and I tagged along.

We made our way back to Frontierland to find a spot for the parade. I staked out a place in front of the Trading Post while the other 3 rode BTMRR again and Splash Mountain. I think they got their signals mixed up for the type of pose this time

(Continued in next post 11)

(Continued from previous post 11)

DW joined me in time for the parade to start while DD and DSiL did more shopping and doing their own thing. Pics from the Electrical Parade

In case you didn’t guess, I’ve got a thing for Tink…if only she were a redhead! :rotfl2:

Speaking of redheads…

It’s been 17 years since I’ve seen this parade in its entirety and it has not lost any appeal.

(Continued in next post 12)

(Continued from previous post 12)

As we were walking back towards Main Street, we found an empty spot in front of Crystal Palace to watch Wishes. There was a construction wall erected to block the work being done to fill in the Castle moat. There are speakers on top of the wall every so often so look past those obstructions in these pics of the many colors of the Castle...

Did I mention I like Tink?

A side note…when we were waiting for Wishes to begin, there was a CM on the other side of the walkway next to the construction wall telling everyone to keep moving. Every so often, someone would stop in front of us as if they were going to camp out for Wishes. The CM was “johnny-on-the-spot” to tell each of them to keep moving, that we were there first and they could not stop and block our view. That’s a first and I wanted to hug her neck! I tried to find her later to thank her but she had disappeared. We didn’t stay for all of the fireworks but that was a nice way to end the night. We found DD and DSiL and then boarded a bus back to BWV. Another great day.

Tomorrow, it’s EPCOT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter