Final Payment Due Saturday! To pay or not to pay?

Confused.....if your PIF date is this Saturday how are you already losing your deposit? If you are incorrect about losing your deposit then FYI you MUST officially cancel your cruise in order to get your deposit back. Do not just let it go because if you do then you will definitely lose your deposit. Call and cancel before your PIF date.

My friend thought you could just let the clock run out and not pay the balance and they would get their deposit back...nope. They got an email that the reservation canceled but that they also lost their deposit. When they called Disney they were told they had to officially cancel the reservation before PIF to get their deposit back. This just happened about 10 days ago. Not a happy camper.

MJ

Yikes. And kind of hard to do when you can't get through to them. :(

I think the confusion about "cancels automatically with refund" is a placeholder. An unused placeholder will cancel and refund automatically. An unpaid firm reservation (cruise date) will not.

I agree @Spork24 needs to somehow make contact to initiate cancellation and have the proof to show attempt if unable to get through. However, it sounds like OP booked with a TA - in which case, they need to be contacting the TA. But if unable to reach the TA, I would email DCL and the TA. Hopefully they managed to get through in the past couple of days.

We sent an email to our TA this morning canceling.
Smart move. Think 100 times before ever thinking of going on boat. My advice find out where the boat was and the crew . was the boat involved with covid 19. Why are the boat lines not allowing you to get 100% of your money back. No not a cruise credit but unrestricted refund.

Smart move. Think 100 times before ever thinking of going on boat. My advice find out where the boat was and the crew . was the boat involved with covid 19. Why are the boat lines not allowing you to get 100% of your money back. No not a cruise credit but unrestricted refund.

Yes, this was an easy decision once we realized we could get our full deposit back. The cryptic automatic email insinuating we wouldn't be able to get our deposit back from our TA was the issue. That's one of the reasons I love this site. You guys saw right through that and put me back on the right path.

Yes, this was an easy decision once we realized we could get our full deposit back. The cryptic automatic email insinuating we wouldn't be able to get our deposit back from our TA was the issue. That's one of the reasons I love this site. You guys saw right through that and put me back on the right path.

Could the TA email have meant that you would lose your deposit if you did not pay in full and officially cancel?

MJ

Could the TA email have meant that you would lose your deposit if you did not pay in full and officially cancel?

MJ

Yes, giving them the benefit of the doubt I am sure that is what they mean.

Here is the actual text:

"As per Disney Cruise Line policy if you do not pay your balance in full by the balance due date Disney Cruise Line will cancel your cruise automatically and will keep any deposit monies paid to date. Based on this policy if your balance is not paid by the due date above, you will lose the money you’ve paid on this reservation so it is critical that your balance is paid as soon as possible. We hope you understand that this is Disney Cruise Line policy and not that of Dreams Unlimited Travel. Please also understand that we have no way of extending your balance due date with Disney Cruise Line and/or getting this fee waived so it is imperative that you pay your balance prior to the balance due date. "

There is no mention in this email of a possibility of not losing the deposit if you are proactive and cancel, which IMO that info should be mentioned in the email. Probably because they don't want you to cancel because then they don't get paid.

Yes, that makes sense. Sorry you had to cancel but understandable. Hope you can rebook something you like.

MJ

If I were you, I would cancel before PIF. You will spend a long time on hold, but you will get your $ back. There will be other cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter