(Final 8/12)The WILDEST Ride in the Wilderness!" Princess Half Marathon TR/Feb.2014

Twoboysnmygirl

DIS Veteran
Ok folks, I'm starting this far too early, I have edited one single photo out of the 2700 so far, but SOMEONE keeps giving me grief, so I will at least start so I don't have to keep hearing it! :lmao:

This was a dual trip for myself, my daughter Savannah, and her friend Eleanor. It was primarily for my first half marathon but who can go to Disney World without making it into a full-on trip?!? Not me! Eleanor had never been to WDW before, so it was all new to her. We did a split stay from Feb. 21st-27th. Pop Century (Savannah calls this HOME) for the first 4 nights and then Beach Club Villas for the last 2 nights, thanks to an amazingly generous friend with DVC points!

I'm going to come back and put more here and promise many many many photos, but you have to be patient. I got home last night and I'm sick as a dog.

Here is my Pre-Trip report if you have too much time on your hands: Losing The Glass Slippers to RUN like a Princess!

Just so you know who we are, in case you have never read one of my reports:

I'm Karen, soon to turn 41. I have been a Disney fanatic since my first visit in 2008. I never went to WDW as a child, so I'm making up for it now! I have also been wanting to run a half marathon for a few years now and finally trained long enough without injury (kinda) to get it done! I'm sarcastic and rambly, just warning ya. I'm married to an amazing man, Rey, we've been together 22 years...or is it 23?? :p I also have two nearly grown sons! Dylan is 19 and Dallas is 18 and also a runner. They have been to Disney, but are in college now, so this trip did not work for finances or their schedule.

I'll be purchasing my pics since it was my first half, but wow most of them are bad shots. I was a MESS at the end of the race!
755147-1158-0006sss.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf1250.jpg

Savannah is 13 and loves Disney nearly as much as me but not as much as Ed Sheeran or Tyler Oakley. ;) She was excited to show Eleanor the magic! They counted down for over 300 days, starting last year, so this trip was long awaited and planned!

WDWPrincesshalf841.jpg

Eleanor is also 13, her favorite character is definitely Alice! She had never been to WDW, but last year she went on her first vacation with her family to The Dark Side! ;) We were worried about her being homesick, but after the first day, she did great.

WDWPrincesshalf652.jpg

My absolutely favorite shot of them from the whole week. It makes sense b/c I didn't prompt it, it was a shot THEY wanted.

WDWPrincesshalf2489.jpg

My Pre-Trip-Report is here if you need a ridiculous amount of info about me, some nice photos and an extremely long countdown to the trip: Losing The Glass Slippers to Run Like a Princess!

If you are a runner and want to just hear all about that, I have a blog where most of my runningrambles are posted at LosingTheGlassSlippers.blogspot.com

I normally SAY I'm going to go slow and take my time and then end up updating my TR every single day. This time I really want to go slower, it's more enjoyable and it's not over so soon! I don't think I'll have an issue seeing as I haven't even started editing all the shots yet!

I also want to add a little disclaimer here: I know many of you are used to stellar photos in my TR's, and there are still some stunners, but I also utilized my phone and a little point and shoot during the race, so not ALL the photos are perfect DSLR quality. I was out to capture memories, and that is exactly what I did! Some are just not as sharp as others. ;)

So Hang on! We're off on the WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!!!!!

WDWPrincesshalf765.jpg

Table of Content

Day 1- The Waiting Day:

The waiting day (Part 1)[/COLOR]

Bring back my cheesecake!!!!!!

Princess Half Marathon Expo

Finishing up our "waiting day" (Part 1)

Finishing up our "waiting day" (Part 2)

Day 2- MK & Afternoon at the Pool:

Finally some magic! MK morning.

Jazz Hands OR Spirit Fingers?!?! The great debate.

Crystal Palace Breakfast! Yum!

I.love.rope.drop (part 1)

I.love.rope.drop (part 2)

Down the rabbit hole!

Is it still rope drop??

Savannah's Video!!!

The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness-Day 1!

Afternoon at the pool...kinda

Dinner and to bed with you!

Day 3- RACE DAY!!!:

Princess Half Marathon Recap (Part 1)

Princess Half Marathon Recap (Part 2)

Princess Half Marathon Recap (Part 3)

Directionally challenged??

A little drama in Norway and China!

Jazz Hands/Spirit Fingers saga continues...

Around the World we go...

Who really has the attitude here?!?!?

Dinner in the Castle!

Up for how many hours?!?!?

Day 4 - AK & DTD:

Animal Kingdom morning!

On safari!

Time to chowdown. Yum!

Expeditions and Rapids, oh my!

Finishing up AK and DTD for the evening!

Day 5 - Moving to BCV, DHS, & Epcot!:

DHS morning!

and more DHS!

Finishing up DHS and heading to BCV!

Checking into Beach Club Villas! WOOT!

Far too few photos and far too much talk!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE walking to Epcot??

A little Disney meltdown in Japan...

Illuminations to finish off the day!

Day 6-Epcot & MK (last full day)-

Start off the day in a photograph-way. I'm a poet.

Rope Drop at Epcot International Gateway

I'll take a rainy day at WDW over just about anything...

The WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!!!!!!

Day 7-Last few hours at MK and headed home-

Breakfast at Park Fare

Last few hours of Magic

Stalking & almost missing the bus to the airport!

Final Random thoughts!

A special keepsake from our trip! Final post.

I am joining along too...

We might be doing the Tower of Terror challenge in Oct, so I am looking forward to reading your reviews on rundisney.

I'm here!! I even re-downloaded my dis app just so I could read your TR. If I get Disney fever when I can't possibly afford a trip right now I'm holding you responsible! :p

Yay! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I looked around occasionally for you at Pop but never spotted you. So many people, lol!

I am joining along too...

We might be doing the Tower of Terror challenge in Oct, so I am looking forward to reading your reviews on rundisney.

Whoohoo! Glad you joined in! I'm terribly jealous, I want to do ToT so badly, but it's on a very busy weekend and I don't think I'll ever be able to get off on an October weekend. Lots of clients out of town!

I'm here!! I even re-downloaded my dis app just so I could read your TR. If I get Disney fever when I can't possibly afford a trip right now I'm holding you responsible! :p

I knew you couldn't stay away. ;)

Yay! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I looked around occasionally for you at Pop but never spotted you. So many people, lol!

I know! So many people and so little time! I can't wait to hear about your race, how did it go???

Haha, you can all blame Photobucket for no update yet. I was all ready to start uploading for the first update and they said they are temporarily down and will be back in a bit! Womp, womp.

Yay, you started :cool1:

Can't wait for more and to hear about the race :thumbsup2

Yay!! I can't wait to hear all about the Princess and the rest of your trip.

Jodi

Subbed in...looking forward to more! I'm glad to see someone else takes as many pics as I do! :lmao:

I told someone that I took about 2700 shots, which is around my norm (a little less, actually) and they were like "That's the norm?!?!?" :lmao:

Yay!! I can't wait to hear all about the Princess and the rest of your trip.

Jodi

Hey Jodi!! I swear you have read every single TR of mine, haven't you? That's some dedication to get through all my rambling! ;)

The Waiting Day. That's what we called this day. There was a lot of it, but that's what travel days are like, no?

Let's back up a bit. It all began with Eleanor being dropped off Thursday night. She has never been away from her family for this long and we were concerned, but after some hugs and a few tears, she seemed ok. I was up at 2:30 am, b/c that's just how I roll, especially before going to Disney! Savannah came in and told me that Eleanor was freaking out. Uh-oh! :scared: I told her to try and go back to sleep but to remember to be really excited and perky in an hour and a half, when I woke her up. :crazy2: This wasn't a last minute trip and the girls had been counting down the days for a year, so I was hoping Eleanor would push through and make it. Their countdown chain they had:

Fotor0212135621.png

Anyway, four o'clock rolled around and I woke the girls. They were up so fast, I couldn't believe it! We just stayed busy, packed up last minute items, and got in the car. We had an hour and a half drive to the airport and I was concerned she would back out before getting on the plane! Rey drove us, and brought my 19 year old son, Dylan, along for company. So we were squished in the back seat and I just kept the energy up by chatting about Disney and all the fun things we would do. This isn't really hard for me. ;) It was waiting though, and seemed to set the tone for our "waiting day".

We arrived at the airport, got through the hectic crazy security line, and made a b-line for the most important item we needed before getting on the plane.

WDWPrincesshalf0000.jpg

Priorities!

WDWPrincesshalf0001.jpg

We had time to eat a pastry, drink some coffee, and then it was time to board. Best money I ever spent was paying the extra for earlybird on Southwest. It ensured us an A boarding spot, which was great on the way there but even better on the way back b/c we were in the parks the evening I would have had to get the boarding pass on my own. This way it did it for me.

Too much talking! Not enough photos! I hate the first update, don't you? It's like you have to cover the travel part, but it's so boring! Oh look, rambling. Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes2

Got boarded and the girls were both in good spirits. Savannah has chronic ear problems so doesn't care for flying and Eleanor had never been on a plane before! They pulled out phones and the point and shoot and were taking pictures and video all the way through take-off. Went off without a hitch!
WDWPrincesshalf0003.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf0002.jpg

I just have to mention again, if you missed it: These will not all be fabulous photos. I let go a little bit this trip and stopped trying to be a perfectionist about every single shot. I (GASP) even used my phone occasionally and some shots are from the point and shoot that I got to run the race with. I promise there will be some really nice ones, but not much on this travel day!

The flight was actually pretty bad. We had to go through a cold front and the flight attendants had to sit nearly the whole time. Lots of turbulence and "waiting" for it to be over. The girls handled it like pros, and finally we were there! Time for the first ride of the trip!

WDWPrincesshalf0004.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf0005.jpg

We headed to M.E., had no issues scanning our magicbands instead of pulling out paperwork (yep, loved the convenience, more on MB's later) and this is what we saw:
WDWPrincesshalf0006.jpg

Holy ME line! I've never seen it this way, in fact, we normally come on a weekday and just walk right up. Guess Fridays are different. It took a bit, but we were excited and not too bothered by the wait. Still...waiting. ;)

WDWPrincesshalf0007.jpg

Finally loaded and we were off! You will know I have relaxed a bit when I decided to take THE SHOT with my phone instead of my camera. I have so many that I've taken with my camera, I thought it would be ok to use the phone.

WDWPrincesshalf0008.jpg

HOME!!!!!!!!!!

Up next: a bit more waiting and some waiting...oh and some more waiting...

Lol...I have never taken the welcome sign picture...ooops. I guess I will have to try for that one when we go next.

Glad everyone made it "home" safe, too bad for the turbulence.

I wondered how Eleanor was on that first day. Trisha said she mostly freaked out at night when it was quiet but was fine when you guys were busy. Glad she got over the initial freak out!!

Lol...I have never taken the welcome sign picture...ooops. I guess I will have to try for that one when we go next.

Glad everyone made it "home" safe, too bad for the turbulence.

LOL, I have so many pics of the Welcome sign! We stayed offsite once and I took a shot every time we drove over. :p

They did really well with the turbulence, I think they were just watching me to see if I freaked out. I just acted like it was normal and eventually I told them a story about a really turbulent flight I had once where it felt like the plane dropped and I screamed and everyone around me looked at me like I was crazy! They thought it was funny. :lmao:

I wondered how Eleanor was on that first day. Trisha said she mostly freaked out at night when it was quiet but was fine when you guys were busy. Glad she got over the initial freak out!!

Yep, she was upset the night before leaving and also that first night in Disney, but I suspect part of that is b/c it wasn't the most magical of days. It was a lot of waiting for them and Savannah & I commented on how it didn't really FEEL like we were at Disney. All the nights after that she would excitedly call them and tell them all about our day, so she seemed fine after that! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter