film developing in WDW

CynJ

Caffeinated Insomniac
How expensive is the film developing in the parks? I am debating about just bringing the film home and doing it here or having it done there so I can make sure they come out.

We've gotten into "the habit" of getting our film developed at WDW. The developing is very good although you do pay for it. For us it is worth seeing our pictures & knowing how they came out before we leave WDW. For example two years ago we were at WDW the first night the Main Street Electrical Parade ran. We used two cameras & got the film developed the next morning. That way if the pictures did not come out well, we cold go back the next night (our last night). We didn't have to take picutres the next night! Plus we get duplicates & share the extra set of pictures with the friends with us or even CMs.

I do it there, sometimes, at Wal*Mart one hour. Cost, 5.96 for 24 exposure rolls. Naturally, if you have more prints than 24 or panoramics, it will cost you more, and, if you have less than 24 it will cost less. This is for 35 mm film, not APS.

I didn't think of WalMart - there is a CVS on 192 as well.

Cool - I was only thinking of the developing actually in the parks.

there is also Walgreens, however, both CVS and Walgreens are far more expensive than Wal*Mart and the quality is not there.

Is it definitely $5.96 there? That's the same price as Wisconsin! If so, I'll take mine there too and then I will know. I had some boo-boo's this last time and that will give me a chance to recover some next year. We'll have extra days and no extra people so I'm going to leave a day in the middle to try to do film and a Marriott time share sell. Last time they offered me $100 Marriott gift certificate and I didn't have time to do it!!!!!!

Yes, I am positive about the price. I work for Wal*Mart, in the photo lab (in CT) and I took pics of the lab at Super Wal*Mart last time I was there. I was surprised that they were the same price as in CT.

Dear CynJ,

I came to the boards to cheer myself up after a crummy day. When I saw your post and went to your web site my tummy tickled. I want to go back now. So I called my DH and told him we need to pick a date for our next trip.

By the way it's great having your film developed while your there.

Have fun in Feb.

Yvette
:bounce: :pinkbounc

Someone also mentioned that the Publix grocery store has a one day deal as well, and if you do more than 6 rolls at once, you get another one developed for free...!

We had film developed in the Contemporary gift shop a few years back and while it was more than $5.96, it was so easy and worth it to us. I think it may have been more like 7.95 or 8.95 for 24 exposures, but that was 1997 or 1998. They did a fine job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter