Filling in chips in glass

AintGonaGrowUp

"We've got no troubles, Life is the bubbles!"
Alright, I have a very large glass jar that I use for change (Disney honeymoon!). In a recent move, the rim of the jar was chipped. I don't want to get rid of the jar, I just want to fill in the chip. It doesn't have to be pretty, just not sharp any more. Dose any one know of a filler or epoxy that would work??

No advice about the crack. Be careful with the jar though. My cousin and his family saved coins in a large jar. When he lifted it, the bottom fell out and sliced his foot almost in half. The doctors were able to sew it back together but the tendons and muscles have not functioned as well.

Alright, I have a very large glass jar that I use for change (Disney honeymoon!). In a recent move, the rim of the jar was chipped. I don't want to get rid of the jar, I just want to fill in the chip. It doesn't have to be pretty, just not sharp any more. Dose any one know of a filler or epoxy that would work??

You can just go to Home Depot, in the grout department, they have a smooth white stone, about the size of bar of soap, maybe smaller, that will smooth the edge of glass. They use this bar to smooth the edges of the ceramic tiles before grouting. It works on glass too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter