Figment ride in Epcot the song

Kevin O'Brien

Mouseketeer
At Epcot I love the song on the Figment ride I've copied and pasted the lyrics below.

For every sound your ears are hearing,
A thousand thoughts can start appearing.
And each of us, imagines different things.
From just a sound, your mind has wings.

One spark of light,
Can light your fancy.
Your mind sees more,
Than what your eyes see.
Your sense of sight can make your fancy fly,
There's more to sight than meets the eye.

One awful whiff can send you reeling,
One lovely sniff can be appealing.
Your mind can find what enters through your nose.
That's how you tell a skunk is not a rose.

With just a spark of inspiration,
I've made my house an innovation.
Imagination really clowns around
Mix downside up, and upside down.

We all have sparks,
Imaginations!
That's how our minds create creations.
We set them free and oh what they can do!
Those magic sparks from me and you.

Imagination!
Imagination!
A dream can be a dream come true,
With just that spark from me and you.

One little spark,
Of inspiraton,
Is at the heart of all creation.
Right at the start of everything that's new,
One little spark lights up for you.

Where I found the lyrics from
https://the-sherman-brothers.fandom.com/wiki/One_Little_Spark

Song’s ok, just a shame the ride is so lame.
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the ride as much sometimes it can be difficult to understand it.
For me I loved that ride especially when you come up to the visual board with letters and he say's follow the bouncy figment and you follow it on the board. This ride is about using imagination.

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the ride as much sometimes it can be difficult to understand it.
For me I loved that ride especially when you come up to the visual board with letters and he say's follow the bouncy figment and you follow it on the board. This ride is about using imagination.
Too big of a stretch for my imagination. Just another torture ride like Small World. 😆

I liked the original ride so much more. It's a shame my kids never got to see the original
Yeah, the original ride was so amazing that the current version can't help but suffer by comparison. I don't know how I'd feel about it if it had always been the way it is now. I still ride and enjoy it, but it's always tinged with a bit of sadness. I hope it eventually does get replaced with a version that's similar to the original in quality.

I never saw the original one, just the updated version. The song is catchy. Like Small World, I don't ride it every trip, but occasionally, rode it last trip. I wish they would update the short films at the same pavilion, I would like to see something new there!

Yeah, the original ride was so amazing that the current version can't help but suffer by comparison. I don't know how I'd feel about it if it had always been the way it is now. I still ride and enjoy it, but it's always tinged with a bit of sadness. I hope it eventually does get replaced with a version that's similar to the original in quality.
I never saw the original one, just the updated version. The song is catchy. Like Small World, I don't ride it every trip, but occasionally, rode it last trip. I wish they would update the short films at the same pavilion, I would like to see something new there!
I didn't know there was an older version of the figment ride.
Did they still have the interactive fun and games at the end of the ride too after the older version of the ride?

I feel the same. My kids liked the current version so I have some good memories of it with them, but I always feel a bit of disappointment mixed with nostalgia from my own childhood every time I ride it. The original felt truly magical and imaginative. And I remember Dreamfinder wandering outside with Figment to interact with the guests. But that was also back when the characters would walk around and meet and greets were more spontaneous.

Yeah, I don't really hate the current version, but the original was way better. It could use a refresh of some kind, even if it's not going back to the original.

I might be wrong, but isn't this Rev 3 of Imagination? There was a brief change that really didn't do well, and then they changed it again for what we have today? I miss Dreamfinder and the zeppelin ride, and love the song the OP laid out! It sticks in my head all day when we are at EP!

I might be wrong, but isn't this Rev 3 of Imagination? There was a brief change that really didn't do well, and then they changed it again for what we have today? I miss Dreamfinder and the zeppelin ride, and love the song the OP laid out! It sticks in my head all day when we are at EP!

Yes, this is correct. The original version was changed to a version with Professor Nigel Channing but without Figment at all. That version was unppular, so the reworked it to have Figment in it. The basic premise is the same other than now he talks to Figment who eventually takes the lead.

I'll be honest. I saw Imagination in it's early years and the first part of the ride where you felt that you were riding along side the Dreamfinder and Figment was nothing less then jaw dropping. I rode the ride a massive number of times just to see that part, but after that I found it a little boring. If they would have had some, not all, of the things that are there now in the original I think it would have been improved, but the turntable, Dreamfinder and Figment beginning should never have been lost. It reinforced the original theme song and enhanced the entire ride.

Yes, this is correct. The original version was changed to a version with Professor Nigel Channing but without Figment at all. That version was unppular, so the reworked it to have Figment in it. The basic premise is the same other than now he talks to Figment who eventually takes the lead.
I wonder what former Disney decision-maker ever thought it was a good idea to remove Figment from that attraction?!

I wonder what former Disney decision-maker ever thought it was a good idea to remove Figment from that attraction?!

Well, you know, I'm not sure Figment was so popular at the time of the original change. When the sponsorhip (Kodak) pulled out, Disney saw it as an opportunity to change the pavillion. I think Figment is a bit of a New Coke scenario - people didn't realize they loved Figment until he was gone.

Well, you know, I'm not sure Figment was so popular at the time of the original change. When the sponsorhip (Kodak) pulled out, Disney saw it as an opportunity to change the pavillion. I think Figment is a bit of a New Coke scenario - people didn't realize they loved Figment until he was gone.
You're probably right! Figment is also that rare Disney character who's become popular without actually being in an animated (or live) movie - just from the EPCOT attraction. But I know he's been quite popular in our house since the beginning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter