Figment Popcorn Bucket Insanity

I was there the first day of the festival and didn't know anything about the popcorn buckets. I first thought it was the line for Ratatouille! But after I found out I was grateful for it since the ride lines were shorter!

The Orange Bird sipper was similar where it was super popular at the first festival they introduced it and sold out, so then they brought it back the next year with a slight modification (and barely any line after opening weekend). I’m sure Orange Bird 3.0 will come back this year. I would be shocked if a Figment popcorn bucket doesn’t become a staple of the arts festival from now on now that Disney knows how much money they can get off it. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they took it off the menu because of the shipping delays, so more might come someday but no guarantee or likelihood that they’ll be here by the end of the festival. They’ll either pick up selling them again at next year’s festival, or it’ll pop up on the Food and Wine menu somewhere. Also, someone reported finding the Mickey mummy popcorn bucket at the outlet store just a couple weeks ago, so it seems like the restock for that came in too late for Halloween (which, unlike Figment, they can’t just tack onto another holiday). All of this is to say, stay patient and don’t cave to the resellers!!

The Orange Bird sipper was similar where it was super popular at the first festival they introduced it and sold out, so then they brought it back the next year with a slight modification (and barely any line after opening weekend). I’m sure Orange Bird 3.0 will come back this year. I would be shocked if a Figment popcorn bucket doesn’t become a staple of the arts festival from now on now that Disney knows how much money they can get off it. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they took it off the menu because of the shipping delays, so more might come someday but no guarantee or likelihood that they’ll be here by the end of the festival. They’ll either pick up selling them again at next year’s festival, or it’ll pop up on the Food and Wine menu somewhere. Also, someone reported finding the Mickey mummy popcorn bucket at the outlet store just a couple weeks ago, so it seems like the restock for that came in too late for Halloween (which, unlike Figment, they can’t just tack onto another holiday). All of this is to say, stay patient and don’t cave to the resellers!!
I believe the initial orange bird mold had long lines/sold out within the first weekend…. Had at least one restock (as f&g is a longer festival/the supply chain issues weren’t a thing) than came back the following year than became a staple at sunshine seasons and they had a different molding the following year at flower and garden

I say they just leave it as is and make more different and unique designs so they keep selling not just shovel out the shame thing

Yep, I got Orange Bird 2.0 halfway through F&G last year with like 2 people in line ahead of me lol. Figment will definitely be back, even if it had minor alterations on future menus.
We got an Orange Bird sipper at last year's F&G festival. I had no idea until just now that they were initially hard to get. There was certainly no "run" on them while we were there. Virtually no line and plenty in stock.

Along these same lines, I saw somewhere recently that the balloon popcorn buckets are now back in stock. We got two of them last October when we were at MK. I was slightly surprised to see them being sold online for about $60 that same day (although it probably shouldn't have been a surprise). I'm pretty sure they are still listed for that much, but it should be clear soon that they can still be obtained at WDW. I don't often wish ill-will on anyone, but I do sometimes hope that the bottom drops out of the resale market on items like this and people who cleared the shelves of items in order to mark them up drastically for a quick buck are left with a garage full of stuff they can't unload.

Last edited:

That was my hat - I think it was a painters hat too. Very 80's. Figment had stolen it off my head and I had to struggle to get it back.

Ha ok I kinda see it now. Between a painter's hat and an ice cream cone my mind made more sense that it was a vanilla cone. Much akin to the blue dress/gold dress from a few years ago the mind sees what the mind wants to see. Great pic tho.

That’s awesome and a way better process! I’m not going until Saturday so I’m sure they’ll be sold out by then (wahhh!!!!!!) but that’s great for everyone there the next couple days.

I wonder if mobile order will help with the order limit. Like I’m sure you’ll only be able to pay for two at a time, but can you go back in and place another separate order (and another and another), or will it be linked to your MDE profile and block additional purchases, at least on the same day. *MAYBE* between that and the resell market already being fairly saturated with these buckets making them a less lucrative purchase for the pirates and the tourists being a little lower this week because they’re waiting to head down for the holiday weekend, these will make it to the weekend if this really does have the hard limit lol. A girl can dream!

@buzzgirls&dad I’m not optimistic that these will still be available when I’m there this weekend, but if they are I only need one so I can grab you one. I wouldn’t charge anything extra other than the exact shipping cost. Let me know, and I can dm you this weekend if they’re still available.

Ooooh, boy. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to play "Caption. That. IMAGE!".

I, for one, wasn't expecting an attraction based on Dr. Channing's nightmares, but I admire the creativity.

Or

Dreamfinder never left. Dreamfinder has been preparing, building his army. Dreamfinder is now READY.

Or

Alright, Figments; let's all sing in a round! One little spark- One little spark - One little spark- One little spark...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter