Figment Popcorn Bucket Insanity

According to a poster at WDWMAGIC Disney is aware of the reselling issue and several APs have had their passes cancelled.

i saw a tik tok of this lady lugging around 2 big bags of figment popcorn buckets in epcot, it is absolutely maddening the things people will do just to resell a plastic bucket on ebay (no offense figment ily)

I am hoping to buy one next month for a friend, whose daughter is a huge Figment fan, but I am not paying to come to the parks to wait in a long line for a popcorn bucket. I hope they have the buckets and the lines for it are fairly short, otherwise I will not be stopping for it.
They have an incentive to keep the lines as long as possible. It is free publicity **and** the line has become a huge people-eater. Win win win for Chapek.

Hilariously stupid. Disney is only allowing people to purchase 2 Figment "buckets". If they purchase 2 and sell them on ebay, or wherever, for $200, the seller will make $33 per hour. Not bad for a part time job. But how much did the person spend to get into the park and then spend half their day waiting in line to purchase the bucket. Their profit margin just dropped dramatically.
I'm ok with them waiting 6 hours tho, it is their time and money. Their waiting also opens up the rest of the park for our enjoyment.

Hilariously stupid. Disney is only allowing people to purchase 2 Figment "buckets". If they purchase 2 and sell them on ebay, or wherever, for $200, the seller will make $33 per hour. Not bad for a part time job. But how much did the person spend to get into the park and then spend half their day waiting in line to purchase the bucket. Their profit margin just dropped dramatically.
I'm ok with them waiting 6 hours tho, it is their time and money. Their waiting also opens up the rest of the park for our enjoyment.

Many of the eBay listings for these buckets are from locals or other residents of Florida and potentially AP holders so it's no big deal for them. As someone who may visit once a year, I would never spend most of the day of my well-earned vacation standing in a popcorn bucket line under any circumstances. I wouldn't do it for a headliner attraction, let alone merch.

If they want to limit folks buying bags of buckets to resell on Ebay they should simply charge $25 for the first bucket, and $250 for each bucket after that!

Disney is very smart. they care not who buys, only that all are bought and profit made. Got to hand it to them. Dumb folks out there.

The people waiting in an hours long line for the popcorn bucket are not the ones who would be in line for Soarin' or Frozen or your festival booths, so please stop with the "it opens up the park for the rest of us" silliness.
This on Friday when the pop eats booth had a 6.5 hour wait frozen was 70 min standby and Remy was 95 min standby

The people waiting in an hours long line for the popcorn bucket are not the ones who would be in line for Soarin' or Frozen or your festival booths, so please stop with the "it opens up the park for the rest of us" silliness.

Eh, nothing wrong with finding a silver lining wherever you can, especially in these times!

I kinda hope the bids on some of these Ebay listings are people using fake accounts to win the buckets and then not pay for them. Just to waste the seller's time.

and that $33/hour is tax-free (of course it’s technically taxable but practically it probably is not) It could definitely be worth it for an AP to wait that long. APs can spread the cost of park admission over the whole year so the price for any individual day is negligible. Especially if they hit up multiple of these type of events every year. Think about the people that buy out the rundisney expos- you don’t even need a park ticket or race registration to buy up all the rundisney merchandise to sell on eBay. That’s a better rate than a lot of people make at their everyday jobs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter