Figaro Fries

Dale-Not-Chip

Mouseketeer
Food is a favorite topic on the podcast. We Just got back from the World and Have to say we were shocked.

Anybody that has had Figaro Fries know they are special. We walked all the way back to the back of the park just to get them. Checked the outside Menu to see if they were a snack. (we were on the dining plan for the last time that's a whole other topic) They were their and the description was still the same. ""Fries with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and ranch. My family rubbed our hands together licked our lips and went i an ordered them.

We got fries with cheese and bacon only. We asked what was up and we were told they don't add the extras anymore. They didn't lower the price by the way. We complained and they took them back and made it right but that's only because of good cast members.

Management is cutting corners everywhere they can. Taking a little magic away here and there to make an extra buck. That was my last trip to the Pinocchio Village Haus unless they start making them the way they are supposed to. It was the only thing we ordered there ever.

I feel your pain Dale! There have been a lot of very disappointed people walking into Pinocchio's lately. At least you were still able to get your fix...but who know's about next time. :(

Trying to be optomistic here....

Could it be possible that they aren't providing the tomato and lettuce due to potential liability from that whole salmonella produce scare from last month? I know several chains removed tomatoes from their fixings bars and menu items due to that. Did Pecos Bill's have that stuff on their fixings bar? That would be a sure way to tell if that was the reason.

Nancy

I got lettuce and tomatoes last week with the Figaro Fries. I realize they might be trying to kill me, but I asked to have them on the side and they did it no problem.

the change to the fries has been going on for months now. I am glad to read that a few of you were able to get the lettuce and tomatoes added. I planned on ordering them in Aug and asking for those items to be added. Someone said they stooped adding them because more people ask for the fries with out them than with them.:confused3

I got normal Figaro fries this past June and they were awesome. So far, I've resisted the urge to make them here at home, but like the beignets at the French Quarter, I will succumb to the urges one day.

We were there before the scare. And I really doubt that the reason they changed them is because of people asking to not have the veggies on them. That's also Disney's line every time the reduce service or raise the cost. We asked for it.

My biggest point is as of July 4 the description on the printed menu called for Items they were not putting on the product. That is why they probably still had the diced tomatoes and lettuce back there.

It's just sad that this is the direction WDW is going. Maybe a Universal Studios manager works of at Disney now. (being fascisious)

I can see a lot of folks not asking for lettuce and tomato on their fries - god forbid they have something healthy and tasty that makes the item even better!

You're right about changing the sign if they are going to change the item! I don't know how many non-Disney places I've been to that won't change their signs because it costs too much for a repaint on one thing. They just tape something over it. Just looks bad when you ask them when it changed and they say "6 months ago"....

Nancy

I got lettuce and tomatoes last week with the Figaro Fries. I realize they might be trying to kill me, but I asked to have them on the side and they did it no problem.

Um, Rex? First I read that you're hearing (Bazillion) voices chanting, now Pinocchio Paranoia... You OK??:worried: :)

I've mentioned Figaro fries (the old way) to a few people since learing about them on the Podcast and everyone went ... "Lettuce and tomatoes on french fries?! Ewwwwwwwwwwww." So maybe they just removed those items because they got alot of requests to leave those things off the fries? As long as I can still get the fries the old way if I ask, I'm ok with that.

I think they've been different since February. We got them in January and the CM mentioned that they were going to be changed. I remember much discussion about those changes here on the DIS when that actually happened sometime early this spring.

RIP to the TRUE Figaro Fries. :(

I saw a pic of these fries on another thread last month...think the snack thread. I got sooooo excited to try them next week when we are there. I could take OR leave the lettuce & tomatoes though...don't think I'll loose any sleep either way! But I do understand everyones concern...the sign describes one thing...you should get that thing!!!! Right?!

Food is a favorite topic on the podcast. We Just got back from the World and Have to say we were shocked.

Anybody that has had Figaro Fries know they are special. We walked all the way back to the back of the park just to get them. Checked the outside Menu to see if they were a snack. (we were on the dining plan for the last time that's a whole other topic) They were their and the description was still the same. ""Fries with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and ranch. My family rubbed our hands together licked our lips and went i an ordered them.

We got fries with cheese and bacon only. We asked what was up and we were told they don't add the extras anymore. They didn't lower the price by the way. We complained and they took them back and made it right but that's only because of good cast members.

Management is cutting corners everywhere they can. Taking a little magic away here and there to make an extra buck. That was my last trip to the Pinocchio Village Haus unless they start making them the way they are supposed to. It was the only thing we ordered there ever.

yeah they said too many people were asking for just the cheese and bacon at lest thats what I was told in MAY!??

yeah they said too many people were asking for just the cheese and bacon at lest thats what I was told in MAY!??

To many people ask for well done steaks. No more medium rare.
To many people ask for Diet Soda. No more Sugar drinks
To many people ask for no pickles. No more pickles on you burger burgers.
To many people ask for a vegetarian menus. No more meat.
To many people ask for chocolate Ice cream. No more vanilla.

They sell fries with cheese and bacon at many other places in the parks. These fries have a following and for those that want the healthy parts left off they certainally can leave it off for them. But to take off items but leaving the price the same is purly a cost cutting measure.

Take it off the menu and call it what it is, but I really wish Disney would quit using the lie that we requested this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter