• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Few More Questions, 1st Timer!

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
I have a couple more questions about DCL if anyone can help :p !

1) My daughter will be 7 1/2 when we cruise and she rather go to the Oceaneer's Lab than the Oceaneer's Club. She is very bright and mature for her age. Will they let her go to the Oceaneer's Lab or Not :confused: !!

2) I'm I correct that you have to pay for bottled water on the cruise. If so, do they have filtered water on the ship that is good. I drink alot of water and I have a feeling, it's going to get quite expensive.

3) How long is the drive from WDW to Port Canaveral?? When do they start boarding the ship?? I don't want to get there too early, but I do want to make a spa appointment. Do these get filled up really quick??

Thanks again for all the help!!
;) :D ,
Katherine

#1. I do not have young children but a gentleman at our dining table was talking to his son and asking him if he like the older category, he moved him once they were on board. So I would assume you can.
#2. Yes you have to pay for bottled water on board. I too an a wateraholic, I packed some in my suit case and just refilled while on board and put in refrig in our cabin. Their tap water is just fine, like I said I am a wateraholic and their tap water was just fine by me.
#3. The drive from WDW to port is about 1 hr 30 min. You can board the ship at 12 noon. And yes, spa appointments book up very fast. When we boarded I immediatly went to spa to make Castaway Cay Beach Cabana massage appointments and they were already half full.

A few updates for you; Parrot Cay is serving a new menu as of Jan 11th cruise. Photo's taken by cruise staff have gone up from $7 to $10 per photo. At 2am they start disinfecting the entire ship, so if you are in the Internet Cafe alot like I was you may want to take a break at that time. If you want to possibly get chosen for Who Wants To Be A Mouserketeer? wait until everyone is almost seated then chose a row where no one is sitting. The computer picks randomly and if the seat that is chosen is not occupied they move to the next closet seat. If you have any other questions please let me know. Have a wonderful cruise.

All water onboard is seawater which is desalinized by the reverse osmosis process. It's then treated with chlorine so that it meets everyone's health standards. The water in the stateroom faucets tastes like pool water, however. For drinking water, enjoy what they serve in the dining rooms, at water fountains, or at the beverage station at Deck 9 Aft. The drinking water has been through an additional filtration process to remove the chlorine taste. It tastes just fine.

I'm glad to hear there regular water taste fine. I will still buy bottled waters while I'm there, but at least this will help cut down the cost.

dianedisney- I hope your right about them letting her move up. I'll probably put her in the little kids club the first day and see if she is entertained enough. If not, I hope they let her move. Also, thanks for the other tips. I'm in desperate need of some spa treatments :p !!

;) :D ,
Katherine

Katherine,
From what I have been reading a child has to be within one month of their next birthday to be put up into the higher age group, good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter